• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Third time's a charm

Lain

It has been nearly a month since my second attempt at getting typed in this forum. The first result (as stated by Yeghor, according to his system) was ENTJ. The second was INFJ. I won't say that it is unlikely either of the aforementioned types are my own, but it would be best if I avoided questionnaires, as many of the questions are unanswerable in my present condition. Therefore, I will write open prompt.

First and foremost, I am sure that despite the protests of my mother (who is obsessed with the idea that everyone is normal, except for her) I have a neurotypical brain. Whether I have OCD, aspergers, ADHD or something entirely different, such as a personality disorder, is a mystery to me. All I understand is that therapists are quacks and a serotonin deficiency is not the issue (the evidence that a lack of serotonin is linked, and not the singular cause of depression, anxiety, and paranoia is overwhelming).

Next, I should disclose the results of MBTI tests. Honestly, I've taken so many over the past 18 months that they cannot be listed (plus I did not bother to save the data). Usually the result is INXX, moderately followed by ISXP, seldomly followed by ENTX.

Since July of 2013 (when I completed my final course to receive my AA degree) I've been stuck in a stasis. I declined to pursue a bachelors as the cost/loan debt and student to building ratio would cause me great instability. For these 12+ months I've done nothing productive, lethargy grabbed a hold of my ankles and dragged me into an abyss of depression and boredom. The catch is that I'm an unhealthy introvert; the idea of friendship makes me feel uneasy. I enjoy solitary activities and detest being in large groups, loud noises, etc. It has been decided that I will attend a community college for an AS and write while I work on the side.

My personality is malleable. I can easily pick up traits, attitudes, beliefs from my favorite fictional characters. I've tried to sit like L Lawliet and eat a high sugar diet, etc. (Come to think of it my depression may have come from Shinji Ikari).

I have an idea of what I need to do and how to do it, yet I can't get motivated. I cannot find a way to schedule myself, yet I feel overwhelmed by having so many options.

I do not drink, smoke, or do drugs. I've done these things in the past but my willpower is too strong for me to have ever gotten addicted. I see now that nothing positive comes from poising myself with harmful foreign chemicals. And I realize my hypocrisy as I drink loads of coffee and am a picky eater.

It is my goal to read everything. I have a list (not made by me) which I plan on completing. It feels necessary for me to have an extremely high vocabulary and knowledge of the inner and outer workings of literature and information available.

I am not a deeply caring individual. My family is important to me, but other people are not my concern. As a matter of fact, I wish not to be bothered. This is not always the case, but I feel like acting the way my mother does with the homeless and elderly (I've typed her as ESFX) would be a feign of my true self. I do not know who I am or what I believe, but I know who I care about.

There is not much else to say. I drift in and out of reality as I float from day to day in my comatose state of laziness. If any of you have any questions to further ascertain my type, ask them.

velveteen

Senior citizen
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm sure that 'neurotypical' means the opposite of what you think it means.

oneandonly

MBTI Type
INFJ
How do you view emotions? Ie are they powerful, weak, overwhelming, unconcerned, concerning

How do you treat the people you care about in comparison with those you don't? Are you open with them, dishonest, do you feel fake?

Do you feel like you hide parts of yourself?

Do you avoid physical touch, or enjoy it? Readily giving and receiving hugs?

Have you ever had a crush? If so, what was that like?

Did you have a troubled upbringing, and how so?

Lain

How do you view emotions? Ie are they powerful, weak, overwhelming, unconcerned, concerning

If my mother or brother is distressed, then I'll be there for them. If some stranger is crying, I'd probably ignore them but have a gnawing sense of guilt. Still, it is none of my business.

My own emotions are a mystery to me. I'd either describe my feelings as 'bleh' or 'empty'; I cannot put a word on them.

How do you treat the people you care about in comparison with those you don't? Are you open with them, dishonest, do you feel fake?

Actually, I don't seldom lie although I may stretch or bend the truth. I'm open with my mother, only because she is oblivious to what is going on and she constantly bugs me with questions such as "are you depressed?" And my favorite "are you mad at me?"

I'd say I'm fairly reserved.

Do you feel like you hide parts of yourself?

I'm so good at it that even I don't understand myself.

Do you avoid physical touch, or enjoy it? Readily giving and receiving hugs?

Hate, hate, hate being touched. I daydream about sex from time to time, but I could never do it.

Have you ever had a crush? If so, what was that like?

It felt fake. Like I had an obligation to society to like this person. Love is something that I cannot understand. Why do some people love one person over another? What does it mean to love? Romantic movies/books confuse/anger me.

Did you have a troubled upbringing, and how so?

I don't think so. Strangely enough, I think my parents divorcing was one of the best things that happened. I'm glad my idiot father has never been in my life.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTx is my guess judging by your questions you answered. Do you prefer strategy, or lots of action more? Do you have trouble focusing or have some viewed you as bossy?

Lain

Do you prefer strategy, or lots of action more?

Strategic action. The best part of 'Silence of the Lambs' was Hannibal's escape.

Do you have trouble focusing or have some viewed you as bossy?

Both.

EDIT: I don't really understand the question or how one relates to the other.

velveteen

Senior citizen
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I took a test and the result was "you have a neurotypical brain (aspie)". I assumed that isn't a normal thing.

No. Neurotypical IS normal.

Lain

More examples:

When my brother is angry (IxxP), he slams doors, yells, etc.

When my mother is angry (ESFx or ENFP), she yells and complains about everything and how everyone is doing something wrong.

When I am angry, I usually isolate myself from whatever it is that is making me mad. Unless I feel completely powerless, in which case I voice my complaints.

One thing my brother and I have in common is our need for privacy. The only difference is that he is moody when he feels I infringe on his time, while I'm a tinge more relaxed. Don't get me wrong, he irks me from time to time.

I hate going out. My mother needs to persuade me in order for me to go somewhere. My problem is that I just don't like crowds and loud noises.

I'm going to add much more detail later on, but I will say I've always considered myself an IN type.

Lain

My memory fails me, for I’ve blocked out so many events over the years, or my mind has wondered to another place and missed major details of my experiences.

According to what I see in the Home Movies, I was a strange, excitable child. I craved attention (I would try to draw the camera’s attention to myself) and would do very weird things. For example, in one tape I run around a swimming pool while smacking my butt and screaming “ride ‘em bullseye” (Toy Story 2 reference). I do this for the entire duration of the tape.

If I had to stereotype myself, I’d say I was an ENFP/ENFJ-ish child. There was a narcissistic side to me, but I seemed happy and carefree. But God was I annoying.

In school I tried to take my Mother’s advice and ‘be friends with everyone’. So I would act like an ISFJ; good student in class, and attentive to the people I tried to fit in with. Unfortunately, I was weird, socially awkward, and insecure to the point of being a self-centered douche. There was no filter or self-respect for me, so I was often picked on. I failed to adapt, and now that I think about it I wish I wouldn’t have tried. I would’ve been happier as a lone wolf who did his own thing, not a goody-two-shoes who tries to adapt.

Now, I’m pretty much the product of Schopenhauer and Aspergers (not that I have it). I’m antisocial by choice. Right now, I’d say I’m sort of like an INxP who wants to be an INxJ.

Lain

Did I render you a type in a previous thread? If so, then that's your type. @Jaguar)

I think you had me down in the IN category, though you originally thought type 4 INFJ.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you had me down in the IN category, though you originally thought type 4 INFJ.

Errrr uhh, hmmmmm. You're a fairly clear INFP...

Destiny

A wannabe dog
It felt fake. Like I had an obligation to society to like this person. Love is something that I cannot understand. Why do some people love one person over another? What does it mean to love? Romantic movies/books confuse/anger me.

Your view toward love sounds like INFJ. I have the same view toward love. I am not really into mushy romantic things. And I am also not really into one-to-one personal love, I can actually live my entire life without being in a romantic relationship. My love extends toward humanity in general. One of my biggest goal in life is to use my presence to touch people's lives.

And you are definitely not INFP. The INFPs that I know in real life all have a very idealistic way of viewing love. I'd say they are hopeless romantics to the core. Their definition of love is candlelit dinner, romantic walks etc. Romeo and Juliet are both INFPs for example. When they are in a relationship with someone, they also constantly love to hear mushy romantic words from their partner all the time.

Not sure whether it's an INFJ thing, but whenever people say mushy romantic words to me, I start cringing. I am not really a romantic person. Or maybe I am INTJ afterall. But probably not.

Lain

My love extends toward humanity in general. One of my biggest goal in life is to use my presence to touch people's lives.

I can't relate to that.

When they are in a relationship with someone, they also constantly love to hear mushy romantic words from their partner all the time.

Disgusting.

Lain

1. Freely follow your gut instincts and exciting physical impulses as they come up.

OOO

2. Offer various unrelated ideas and see what potential they might suggest.

OO

3. Determine success by measurement or other objective method such as the time taken.

OOOO

4. Feel inclined to be responsible for, and take care of, others' feelings.

O

5. Experience a premonition or foresee the distant future.

OOO

6. Notice whether the details in front of you match what you are accustomed to.

OO

7. Be guided by a definition, logical deduction, or other nugget of reasoning.

OOOO

8. Feel strongly that something is good or bad.

O

9. Compassionately take on someone else's needs as your own.

O

10. Construct an argument to convince someone using evidence clearly in front of you both.

OOO

11. Achieve a metamorphosis, definitive insight, or powerful vision of change.

OOO

12. Compare an experience against a storehouse of familiar experiences to find what's reliable.

OO

13. Remain in touch with what you want for yourself, what motivates you, and what is good.

OO

14. Apply leverage to a situation to solve a problem impersonally using minimal effort.

OOO

15. Enjoy the thrill of action and physical experience in the present moment.

OO

16. Enjoy playing with random interconnections and patterns.

OOOO

17. Recognize and usually adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along.

OO

18. Conceive of a comprehensive plan to maximize progress toward multiple goals at once.

OOO

19. Freely enjoy doing what you want for your own personal happiness.

OOOO

20. Concisely reference multiple frameworks at once while problem solving.

OO

21. Gain a profound realization from a mystical state or sudden release of emotions.

OOO

22. Follow steps to ensure tasks are predictable and completed correctly.

OOO

23. Engage life's magical moments and meaningful coincidences as they happen.

OOO

24. Quickly move to take advantage of immediate options for action.

O

25. Always remain true to what you want for yourself or others.

OO

26. Analyze and critique what doesn't fit with a well-defined principle.

OOOO

27. Review a lot of information over time to confirm what is customary or standard.

OO

28. Feel attracted to the symbolic, archetypal, or mysterious.

OOOOO

29. Instantly read visible cues to see just how far you can go.

OO

30. Keep following tangents and new ideas without limiting yourself to one.

OOO

31. Follow a straight line of reasoning.

OOO

32. Help make people feel comfortable by engaging in hosting and care-taking.

O

33. Lay out methods for others to complete tasks in time- and resource-efficient ways.

OOO

34. Readily communicate personally to all members of a group to feel unity.

OO

35. Fine-tune a definition or concept to support a theory, perspective or framework.

OOO

36. Evaluate what is worth believing in and most important to who you really are inside.

OOO

37. Weave into the current dynamics of a situation aspects of other, random contexts.

OO

38. Spur action and pull off results simply by making your presence felt.

O

39. Transform yourself by focusing inward on a specific way you foresee you will need to be.

OOOO

40. Fulfill the same regular work or activity everyday at a comfortable pace.

OOO

41. Merge and feel intimate oneness with other people.

O

42. Stick to making decisions based on impersonal measures such as points earned.

OOOO

43. Continually examine if choices harmonize with important beliefs.

OO

44. Take apart something to figure out the principles on which it works.

O

45. Push your mental limits to complete an array of innovative achievements.

OO

46. Point out discrepancies between how things are and the way they have always been.

OOO

47. Trust what emerges from brainstorming.

OO

48. Easily get in sync physically with people and things around you.

OO

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.9)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************** (32.3)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************** (32)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************** (38)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************************** (39.3)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************** (29.7)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************** (18)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************** (30.2)
good use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTJ, or ISTJ

Destiny

A wannabe dog
1. Freely follow your gut instincts and exciting physical impulses as they come up.

OOO

2. Offer various unrelated ideas and see what potential they might suggest.

OO

3. Determine success by measurement or other objective method such as the time taken.

OOOO

4. Feel inclined to be responsible for, and take care of, others' feelings.

O

5. Experience a premonition or foresee the distant future.

OOO

6. Notice whether the details in front of you match what you are accustomed to.

OO

7. Be guided by a definition, logical deduction, or other nugget of reasoning.

OOOO

8. Feel strongly that something is good or bad.

O

9. Compassionately take on someone else's needs as your own.

O

10. Construct an argument to convince someone using evidence clearly in front of you both.

OOO

11. Achieve a metamorphosis, definitive insight, or powerful vision of change.

OOO

12. Compare an experience against a storehouse of familiar experiences to find what's reliable.

OO

13. Remain in touch with what you want for yourself, what motivates you, and what is good.

OO

14. Apply leverage to a situation to solve a problem impersonally using minimal effort.

OOO

15. Enjoy the thrill of action and physical experience in the present moment.

OO

16. Enjoy playing with random interconnections and patterns.

OOOO

17. Recognize and usually adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along.

OO

18. Conceive of a comprehensive plan to maximize progress toward multiple goals at once.

OOO

19. Freely enjoy doing what you want for your own personal happiness.

OOOO

20. Concisely reference multiple frameworks at once while problem solving.

OO

21. Gain a profound realization from a mystical state or sudden release of emotions.

OOO

22. Follow steps to ensure tasks are predictable and completed correctly.

OOO

23. Engage life's magical moments and meaningful coincidences as they happen.

OOO

24. Quickly move to take advantage of immediate options for action.

O

25. Always remain true to what you want for yourself or others.

OO

26. Analyze and critique what doesn't fit with a well-defined principle.

OOOO

27. Review a lot of information over time to confirm what is customary or standard.

OO

28. Feel attracted to the symbolic, archetypal, or mysterious.

OOOOO

29. Instantly read visible cues to see just how far you can go.

OO

30. Keep following tangents and new ideas without limiting yourself to one.

OOO

31. Follow a straight line of reasoning.

OOO

32. Help make people feel comfortable by engaging in hosting and care-taking.

O

33. Lay out methods for others to complete tasks in time- and resource-efficient ways.

OOO

34. Readily communicate personally to all members of a group to feel unity.

OO

35. Fine-tune a definition or concept to support a theory, perspective or framework.

OOO

36. Evaluate what is worth believing in and most important to who you really are inside.

OOO

37. Weave into the current dynamics of a situation aspects of other, random contexts.

OO

38. Spur action and pull off results simply by making your presence felt.

O

39. Transform yourself by focusing inward on a specific way you foresee you will need to be.

OOOO

40. Fulfill the same regular work or activity everyday at a comfortable pace.

OOO

41. Merge and feel intimate oneness with other people.

O

42. Stick to making decisions based on impersonal measures such as points earned.

OOOO

43. Continually examine if choices harmonize with important beliefs.

OO

44. Take apart something to figure out the principles on which it works.

O

45. Push your mental limits to complete an array of innovative achievements.

OO

46. Point out discrepancies between how things are and the way they have always been.

OOO

47. Trust what emerges from brainstorming.

OO

48. Easily get in sync physically with people and things around you.

OO

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.9)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************** (32.3)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************** (32)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************** (38)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************************** (39.3)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************** (29.7)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************** (18)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************** (30.2)
good use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTJ, or ISTJ

My final conclusion of your type is INFJ. I actually saw lots of Ni in you, and also, in this quiz, you actually scored quite high on Ni. And also, in one of your previous threads, you wrote this:

I'm dependent on my family. I am malleable to what they want, and want to do what it takes to make them proud. I need to learn to do things for myself and what makes me happy (whatever that may be).

This part here is actually very Fe. I noticed that Fe types often have this tendency to neglect their own needs just to keep the people around them happy.
INTJs have tertiary Fi, so I don't think they are "malleable" at all.

So my final conclusion of your type is INFJ.