User Tag List

123 Last

Default Third time's a charm

It has been nearly a month since my second attempt at getting typed in this forum. The first result (as stated by Yeghor, according to his system) was ENTJ. The second was INFJ. I won't say that it is unlikely either of the aforementioned types are my own, but it would be best if I avoided questionnaires, as many of the questions are unanswerable in my present condition. Therefore, I will write open prompt.

First and foremost, I am sure that despite the protests of my mother (who is obsessed with the idea that everyone is normal, except for her) I have a neurotypical brain. Whether I have OCD, aspergers, ADHD or something entirely different, such as a personality disorder, is a mystery to me. All I understand is that therapists are quacks and a serotonin deficiency is not the issue (the evidence that a lack of serotonin is linked, and not the singular cause of depression, anxiety, and paranoia is overwhelming).

Next, I should disclose the results of MBTI tests. Honestly, I've taken so many over the past 18 months that they cannot be listed (plus I did not bother to save the data). Usually the result is INXX, moderately followed by ISXP, seldomly followed by ENTX.

Since July of 2013 (when I completed my final course to receive my AA degree) I've been stuck in a stasis. I declined to pursue a bachelors as the cost/loan debt and student to building ratio would cause me great instability. For these 12+ months I've done nothing productive, lethargy grabbed a hold of my ankles and dragged me into an abyss of depression and boredom. The catch is that I'm an unhealthy introvert; the idea of friendship makes me feel uneasy. I enjoy solitary activities and detest being in large groups, loud noises, etc. It has been decided that I will attend a community college for an AS and write while I work on the side.

My personality is malleable. I can easily pick up traits, attitudes, beliefs from my favorite fictional characters. I've tried to sit like L Lawliet and eat a high sugar diet, etc. (Come to think of it my depression may have come from Shinji Ikari).

I have an idea of what I need to do and how to do it, yet I can't get motivated. I cannot find a way to schedule myself, yet I feel overwhelmed by having so many options.

I do not drink, smoke, or do drugs. I've done these things in the past but my willpower is too strong for me to have ever gotten addicted. I see now that nothing positive comes from poising myself with harmful foreign chemicals. And I realize my hypocrisy as I drink loads of coffee and am a picky eater.

It is my goal to read everything. I have a list (not made by me) which I plan on completing. It feels necessary for me to have an extremely high vocabulary and knowledge of the inner and outer workings of literature and information available.

I am not a deeply caring individual. My family is important to me, but other people are not my concern. As a matter of fact, I wish not to be bothered. This is not always the case, but I feel like acting the way my mother does with the homeless and elderly (I've typed her as ESFX) would be a feign of my true self. I do not know who I am or what I believe, but I know who I care about.

There is not much else to say. I drift in and out of reality as I float from day to day in my comatose state of laziness. If any of you have any questions to further ascertain my type, ask them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I'm sure that 'neurotypical' means the opposite of what you think it means.

MBTI
    INFJ

How do you view emotions? Ie are they powerful, weak, overwhelming, unconcerned, concerning

How do you treat the people you care about in comparison with those you don't? Are you open with them, dishonest, do you feel fake?

Do you feel like you hide parts of yourself?

Do you avoid physical touch, or enjoy it? Readily giving and receiving hugs?

Have you ever had a crush? If so, what was that like?

Did you have a troubled upbringing, and how so?

Quote Originally Posted by velveteen View Post
    I'm sure that 'neurotypical' means the opposite of what you think it means.
    I took a test and the result was "you have a neurotypical brain (aspie)". I assumed that isn't a normal thing.

How do you view emotions? Ie are they powerful, weak, overwhelming, unconcerned, concerning
    If my mother or brother is distressed, then I'll be there for them. If some stranger is crying, I'd probably ignore them but have a gnawing sense of guilt. Still, it is none of my business.

My own emotions are a mystery to me. I'd either describe my feelings as 'bleh' or 'empty'; I cannot put a word on them.

How do you treat the people you care about in comparison with those you don't? Are you open with them, dishonest, do you feel fake?
    Actually, I don't seldom lie although I may stretch or bend the truth. I'm open with my mother, only because she is oblivious to what is going on and she constantly bugs me with questions such as "are you depressed?" And my favorite "are you mad at me?"

I'd say I'm fairly reserved.

Do you feel like you hide parts of yourself?
    I'm so good at it that even I don't understand myself.

Do you avoid physical touch, or enjoy it? Readily giving and receiving hugs?
    Hate, hate, hate being touched. I daydream about sex from time to time, but I could never do it.

Have you ever had a crush? If so, what was that like?
    It felt fake. Like I had an obligation to society to like this person. Love is something that I cannot understand. Why do some people love one person over another? What does it mean to love? Romantic movies/books confuse/anger me.

Did you have a troubled upbringing, and how so?
    I don't think so. Strangely enough, I think my parents divorcing was one of the best things that happened. I'm glad my idiot father has never been in my life.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

INTx is my guess judging by your questions you answered. Do you prefer strategy, or lots of action more? Do you have trouble focusing or have some viewed you as bossy?

MBTI
    INFJ

INTP??
    We are more than the sum of our parts.

Do you prefer strategy, or lots of action more?
    Strategic action. The best part of 'Silence of the Lambs' was Hannibal's escape.

Do you have trouble focusing or have some viewed you as bossy?
    Both.

EDIT: I don't really understand the question or how one relates to the other.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lain View Post
    I took a test and the result was "you have a neurotypical brain (aspie)". I assumed that isn't a normal thing.
    No. Neurotypical IS normal.
    joharinohari
    Likes PocketFullOf liked this post

No. Neurotypical IS normal.
    You're right.

Here is what I meant:

Neurodiversity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have no idea why I got the two mixed up.
    Last edited by Lain; 10-19-2014 at 07:20 PM.