• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped husband

bats

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
My husband works at a college where every few years they have their staff take tests to determine the Myers-Briggs type. He used to get INTJ but this time he got ISTJ. That got him confused. So I was wondering what would be the biggest differences between a INTJ and a ISTJ that would really stand out if you knew them well. I've read descriptions of the types and I can see a little of him in both. But I'd be interested to hear from someone who knows people of these two types and can tell me the biggest differences between them that
they've observed.

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My husband works at a college where every few years they have their staff take tests to determine the Myers-Briggs type. He used to get INTJ but this time he got ISTJ. That got him confused. So I was wondering what would be the biggest differences between a INTJ and a ISTJ that would really stand out if you knew them well. I've read descriptions of the types and I can see a little of him in both. But I'd be interested to hear from someone who knows people of these two types and can tell me the biggest differences between them that
they've observed.

Does he see morals/ethics as intrinsic or instrumental, is he the ethical type or is his main priority to only care about results?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
let's have the most objective possible description of your husband. quirks, behaviors, ways of interacting, etc

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Present/practical versus future/conceptual focus, just in my experience. ISTJ is very grounded in present reality and will draw heavily from past experience in establishing and maintaining current operations. INTJ is very focused on future vision and will enact current plans as a means of reaching objectives and goals.

bats

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
INTJ is knowledge centered (NT) and ISTJ is authority centered (SJ). The temperaments have significant differences.
Have a look:

Temperament Theory

And check this out:

Understanding Yourself and Others: An Introduction to the 4 Temperaments-4.0: Linda V. Berens: 9780979868443: Amazon.com: Books

Interesting. I read over these four types and felt he was equally a Theorist and Catalyst. I read all of the descriptions to him and he said the same thing. I think he's fallen into the role of Stabilizer simply because the massive amounts of responsibility on his shoulders has made him unwilling to take the risks in life that he wants. Maybe this is what made him come out as ISTJ? Hmmm... But lately he's realized giving up on his dreams has been slowly killing him inside and he's started working on some ideas for a business he wants to start. Which is great because he's coming to life again.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Does he prefer Big picture (N) over details (S) or vice versa?

Jaguar

But lately he's realized giving up on his dreams has been slowly killing him inside and he's started working on some ideas for a business he wants to start.

Screw MBTI type. Tell him to go for it. ;)

bats

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
let's have the most objective possible description of your husband. quirks, behaviors, ways of interacting, etc

I don't know how good I can be about being "objective" in this case. ;) I know that many people see him as an elitist know-it-all, but I strongly disagree. He's highly intelligent, very well-read (reads about a couple hundred books a year), he gets bored with small talk. He thinks he's capable of acting polite when listening to small talk, he tries, but it obviously burdens him and this offends people. He also isn't interested in popular culture or sports. It's not because he's a snob. He's even tried developing interests that would make him seem more down to earth, but he just can't fake it.

He's also viewed by most as highly dependable. And I agree. He will go the extra mile for people who don't even give a crap about him and everyone knows it. So, he won't get invited to a lot of parties, but he's the first person everyone calls when something goes wrong. He's a brilliant problem solver, thinking of solutions on his feet that no one else could think of and he has a cool head in a crisis. He often comes across as a misanthrope, but that's because he gets tired of being alienated as a friend, but always depended upon in a jam. But he's a deeply caring person who puts up an abrasive exterior to protect himself.

bats

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Does he see morals/ethics as intrinsic or instrumental, is he the ethical type or is his main priority to only care about results?
He cares about both morals and results. So I'm not sure...

bats

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Present/practical versus future/conceptual focus, just in my experience. ISTJ is very grounded in present reality and will draw heavily from past experience in establishing and maintaining current operations. INTJ is very focused on future vision and will enact current plans as a means of reaching objectives and goals.
Hmm... He sounds more INTJ then.