User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Type OptoGypsy

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

You're pretty ENTP. This sounds like bullshit, I'm aware, but you seem like you went through hell and back in your middle/high school years. It probably made you appear a lot more introverted, but you strike me as extroverted.
    Likes PocketFullOf liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by lil_Red View Post
    You're pretty ENTP. This sounds like bullshit, I'm aware, but you seem like you went through hell and back in your middle/high school years. It probably made you appear a lot more introverted, but you strike me as extroverted.
    Yeah INTJ is out of the table but what about ENTJ? I view knowledge as power and that the more I know the better off I am in the world, I also like knowing how everything works that way I can manipulate it

You say pretty what else do you think it may be?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by OptoGypsy View Post
    Yeah INTJ is out of the table but what about ENTJ? I view knowledge as power and that the more I know the better off I am in the world, I also like knowing how everything works that way I can manipulate it

You say pretty what else do you think it may be?
    Yeah, you could be an ENTJ. The main reason I said ENTP is because Mark Twain was one, but that couldn't be enough, maybe. NTs are knowledge seekers and have been known for liking to manipulate their surroundings to find their way through situations and life. The choice is really up to you.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by lil_Red View Post
    Yeah, you could be an ENTJ. The main reason I said ENTP is because Mark Twain was one, but that couldn't be enough, maybe. NTs are knowledge seekers and have been known for liking to manipulate their surroundings to find their way through situations and life. The choice is really up to you.
    Yeah it's an NT thing but I described both NTJ and NTP

Socionics
    ILI

Beta seems to characterize you more. I'd consider you more SLE-ish (ESTp), though there are perfectly valid arguments for ILE (ENTp).

Which do (or would) you love more?

Being a crucial member of a cause that acts as the executor of its plans, working for something that is larger than yourself?

or

Being surrounded by good company, food, surroundings, having nice, comfortable things, and being able to talk about anything with anyone, from the normal to the ridiculous?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Beta seems to characterize you more. I'd consider you more SLE-ish (ESTp), though there are perfectly valid arguments for ILE (ENTp).

Which do (or would) you love more?

Being a crucial member of a cause that acts as the executor of its plans, working for something that is larger than yourself?

or

Being surrounded by good company, food, surroundings, having nice, comfortable things, and being able to talk about anything with anyone, from the normal to the ridiculous?
    The first one

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

It's been covered, but yeah, it is literally impossible for you to be a J.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Socionics
    ILI

The first one
    Suggests Ni-Seeking, and thus there is an inclination toward Beta SLE.

This means you should actively seek out information that provides you with meaning or purpose, something to stand and act for. You should find yourself very enthused by information that relays the grander scheme of things.

The ILE (ENTp), in contrast, finds that sort of information somewhat counter-productive, considering he prefers Ne to Ni (object potential rather than subject potential), but finds information concerning how we subjectively experience and interpret the immediate world highly interesting (while the SLE regards this information as pointless). Thus, ILEs tend to be suggestible to comfort or any pleasant experience, and actively seek out people who can provide such a comfortable environment. (Si)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Suggests Ni-Seeking, and thus there is an inclination toward Beta SLE.

This means you should actively seek out information that provides you with meaning or purpose, something to stand and act for. You should find yourself very enthused by information that relays the grander scheme of things.

The ILE (ENTp), in contrast, finds that sort of information somewhat counter-productive, considering he prefers Ne to Ni (object potential rather than subject potential), but finds information concerning how we subjectively experience and interpret the immediate world highly interesting (while the SLE regards this information as pointless). Thus, ILEs tend to be suggestible to comfort or any pleasant experience, and actively seek out people who can provide such a comfortable environment. (Si)
    Wouldn't that come in age as in when you're in your 30s? Any thoughts on the Tritype?

Socionics
    ILI

Wouldn't that come in age as in when you're in your 30s? Any thoughts on the Tritype?
    The Jungian approach would suggest so, but the Socionics approach, being more oriented toward cybernetics, suggests that since information is automatically subconsciously categorized into these 8 elements, types are predisposed toward valuing and devaluing certain information. It is important to note, however, that many socionicists believe that the personality type isn't fully formed until around age 22.

It might help to think of it in the way that the Jungian approach would be "as you age, you begin to understand your deeper values more (the tert., inf.), whereas the Socionics approach says "as you age, you'll develop more [with the help of some intertype relations], but you will already seem to know what types of information you prefer in each of the four dimensions".

Young ILEs, for instance, would probably be poorly developed in their Si DS function (Si inferior), but would still be childishly suggestible to it, relishing information related to the function when it arises.

EDIT: "Even though you are not skilled in some functions or do not value them, you still have to deal with them"

In the domain of Emotions, ILE's prefer Extraverted Ethics
    In the domain of Logic, ILE's prefer Introverted Logic
    In the domain of Reality, ILE's prefer Experiential Sensing (Si)
    In the domain of Abstraction, ILE's prefer Extraverted Intuition

While the young ILE would be highly unskilled in the areas of Emotions and Reality, they still would have to deal with that kind of information, as it exists in the world around them, produced by other sociotypes and certain stimuli.