User Tag List

literally your mother PocketFullOf's Avatar
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot

Default Has anyone had this happen to them?

After doing a fair amount of research into the cognitive functions, learning the real difference between introversion and extroversion and what really defines the 16 types I decided the best way to find my type was through cognitive functions. After reading into the cognitive functions I strongly suspected T of any kind would be my strongest, followed by N of any kind, then S, and lastly F, with Fi being dead last. I was mostly right, except that I seemed to have underestimated my Te, which I scored as tied or greater than Ti on the three quizzes I took. Now I know that these kinds of tests are limited in what they can tell you but I felt the one that really had me thinking about my functions was the similar minds one, and in general the questions on the quizzes helped me produce scenarios which would allow my to analyze how I truly use the different functions. Anyway, this is what I got:

So my question to all of you is, what does this mean, have any of you gotten a similar result, and if you did, how to did you eventually work out which functions were your strongest and thus what your personality type was?

**I know it's impolite to make a thread and then dash but I am really late to training so I will check back in a few hours. Also I am not sure what your procedure is for making multiple "what is my type" threads (if this can be counted as one) so eventually when I make one about enneagram, which I will when more people on the site are more familiar with me, it would be no problem if the two threads were somehow merged, as long as I get enough feedback analyzing enneagram independently (insofar as the two theories are exclusive).

Also, I realize I should have given a screenshot of my answers, as that would have been more helpful than the results. I didn't think of doing that when I was taking the test because I didn't think "unclear" was a possible result, so here is a link to all my answers:
    imgur: the simple image sharer

Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by PocketFullOf View Post
    After doing a fair amount of research into the cognitive functions, learning the real difference between introversion and extroversion and what really defines the 16 types I decided the best way to find my type was through cognitive functions. After reading into the cognitive functions I strongly suspected T of any kind would be my strongest, followed by N of any kind, then S, and lastly F, with Fi being dead last. I was mostly right, except that I seemed to have underestimated my Te, which I scored as tied or greater than Ti on the three quizzes I took. Now I know that these kinds of tests are limited in what they can tell you but I felt the one that really had me thinking about my functions was the similar minds one, and in general the questions on the quizzes helped me produce scenarios which would allow my to analyze how I truly use the different functions. Anyway, this is what I got:

So my question to all of you is, what does this mean, have any of you gotten a similar result, and if you did, how to did you eventually work out which functions were your strongest and thus what your personality type was?

**I know it's impolite to make a thread and then dash but I am really late to training so I will check back in a few hours. Also I am not sure what your procedure is for making multiple "what is my type" threads (if this can be counted as one) so eventually when I make one about enneagram, which I will when more people on the site are more familiar with me, it would be no problem if the two threads were somehow merged, as long as I get enough feedback analyzing enneagram independently (insofar as the two theories are exclusive).

Also, I realize I should have given a screenshot of my answers, as that would have been more helpful than the results. I didn't think of doing that when I was taking the test because I didn't think "unclear" was a possible result, so here is a link to all my answers:
    imgur: the simple image sharer
    I think it's possible you might be biasing your answers based on what you think the results should be. Also, I don't know how good those similarminds tests are. My most memorable experience was when I took two versions of the enneagram assessment there and it gave me the same wrong result twice. Recommend you look at this section of the FAQ:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...igure_out_type

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes PocketFullOf liked this post

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I think it's possible you might be biasing your answers based on what you think the results should be. Also, I don't know how good those similarminds tests are. My most memorable experience was when I took two versions of the enneagram assessment there and it gave me the same wrong result twice. Recommend you look at this section of the FAQ:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...igure_out_type
    I think you may be right, I tried not to do that the first time but all the information I just learned was pretty fresh in my head. I took it again and got INTP, which seems more right. Thanks for the link I will definitely look into all the options, although I am rather low on cash at the moment.

Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    Neutral Good

It means absolutely nothing.

Meh! I can score high on F functions if I try. Doesn't mean anything.

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot

Quote Originally Posted by Chthonic View Post
    Meh! I can score high on F functions if I try. Doesn't mean anything.
    Well of course you can pick any answer you like, but I was really trying to be truthful here.

Johari Nohari
    Neutral Good