• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
After doing a fair amount of research into the cognitive functions, learning the real difference between introversion and extroversion and what really defines the 16 types I decided the best way to find my type was through cognitive functions. After reading into the cognitive functions I strongly suspected T of any kind would be my strongest, followed by N of any kind, then S, and lastly F, with Fi being dead last. I was mostly right, except that I seemed to have underestimated my Te, which I scored as tied or greater than Ti on the three quizzes I took. Now I know that these kinds of tests are limited in what they can tell you but I felt the one that really had me thinking about my functions was the similar minds one, and in general the questions on the quizzes helped me produce scenarios which would allow my to analyze how I truly use the different functions. Anyway, this is what I got:
VUXbJkc.png

So my question to all of you is, what does this mean, have any of you gotten a similar result, and if you did, how to did you eventually work out which functions were your strongest and thus what your personality type was?

**I know it's impolite to make a thread and then dash but I am really late to training so I will check back in a few hours. Also I am not sure what your procedure is for making multiple "what is my type" threads (if this can be counted as one) so eventually when I make one about enneagram, which I will when more people on the site are more familiar with me, it would be no problem if the two threads were somehow merged, as long as I get enough feedback analyzing enneagram independently (insofar as the two theories are exclusive).

Also, I realize I should have given a screenshot of my answers, as that would have been more helpful than the results. I didn't think of doing that when I was taking the test because I didn't think "unclear" was a possible result, so here is a link to all my answers:
imgur: the simple image sharer

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
After doing a fair amount of research into the cognitive functions, learning the real difference between introversion and extroversion and what really defines the 16 types I decided the best way to find my type was through cognitive functions. After reading into the cognitive functions I strongly suspected T of any kind would be my strongest, followed by N of any kind, then S, and lastly F, with Fi being dead last. I was mostly right, except that I seemed to have underestimated my Te, which I scored as tied or greater than Ti on the three quizzes I took. Now I know that these kinds of tests are limited in what they can tell you but I felt the one that really had me thinking about my functions was the similar minds one, and in general the questions on the quizzes helped me produce scenarios which would allow my to analyze how I truly use the different functions. Anyway, this is what I got:
VUXbJkc.png

So my question to all of you is, what does this mean, have any of you gotten a similar result, and if you did, how to did you eventually work out which functions were your strongest and thus what your personality type was?

**I know it's impolite to make a thread and then dash but I am really late to training so I will check back in a few hours. Also I am not sure what your procedure is for making multiple "what is my type" threads (if this can be counted as one) so eventually when I make one about enneagram, which I will when more people on the site are more familiar with me, it would be no problem if the two threads were somehow merged, as long as I get enough feedback analyzing enneagram independently (insofar as the two theories are exclusive).

Also, I realize I should have given a screenshot of my answers, as that would have been more helpful than the results. I didn't think of doing that when I was taking the test because I didn't think "unclear" was a possible result, so here is a link to all my answers:
imgur: the simple image sharer

I think it's possible you might be biasing your answers based on what you think the results should be. Also, I don't know how good those similarminds tests are. My most memorable experience was when I took two versions of the enneagram assessment there and it gave me the same wrong result twice. Recommend you look at this section of the FAQ:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/faq.php?faq=new_member_resources#faq_how_to_figure_out_type

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
I think it's possible you might be biasing your answers based on what you think the results should be. Also, I don't know how good those similarminds tests are. My most memorable experience was when I took two versions of the enneagram assessment there and it gave me the same wrong result twice. Recommend you look at this section of the FAQ:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/faq.php?faq=new_member_resources#faq_how_to_figure_out_type
I think you may be right, I tried not to do that the first time but all the information I just learned was pretty fresh in my head. I took it again and got INTP, which seems more right. Thanks for the link I will definitely look into all the options, although I am rather low on cash at the moment.