• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What kind of Enneagram you think I have?

darknessinzero

0. What's making you unsure of your type? What research have you already done to determine type?
My answers in the test are quite bias, henceforth my results are also biased.
So, to eliminate biasing of myself, I propose that you, readers, evaluate me objectively.

1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline).
When I'm in an introverted state, I love reading a lot of new information. Such as news, and articles, and facts (like waitbutwhy.com). I also tend to read non fictional books, mostly about psychology, philosophy and alike. Sometimes I watch series or movies and play videogames.
Outside, I tend to gregarious when I'm with my friends. But when alone, I just think about a lot of things, creating theories and that. Also, people reading. I also tend to try a lot of things, such as parkour, bar-hopping, going to new places.

2. Describe yourself--
a. What's it like to be you?
A scatterbrained, super curious individual with an ample amount of power in reading people's motivations and very veryyy inquisitive. I think of myself as a Psychologist x Detective x Engineer (Since I like to know how things work)
I tend to be a little Machiavellian too. I break the rules if I like, but not to the point of hurting people.
b. What have others said about you?
My friends told me I'm a philosopher, psychologist, Mr. Knowitall. Because I tend to always ask "why" in everything that they say. In general perspective/stranger's perspective, I dunno.
c. What do you think of yourself?
Just like what I've described in the question "What's it like to be you". Since I love being myself.

3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one.
What kind of issues exactly? Well, in general. I do deal with the same nuance as you do to survive, with a little twist. I only do what I think is interesting. For example:
Deadlines: always deal with this right before the deadline per se. Because this is the point where I get the right motivation I need.
Lovelife: There's nothing to say here. HAHA
Mediator: Sometimes I mediate arguments, like I offer them the best choice for a win-win situation.
Debates: I love to argue, for the sake of arguing. I hate it when people start to feel bad because they misunderstood what I've said.

4. You're not good at everything--
a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt?
Being super-organized I think? I hate to think about organizing too much. But I do organize. And also, following the rules too much.
b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop?
Super observation skills of Sherlock. But I'm bad at looking for trifles and minutias. I hate details :))

5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you?
I think its because my friends don't see each other for a period of time. And that's just about it.

6. Which types do you identify with most? Inquisitive, curious ones. And adaptable ones.
a. How do you relate to these types?
When they ask questions too, it's like, I get the feeling why they ask a lot.
b. How do you NOT relate to them?
I dunno, perhaps when they are being aggressive or dominant.

7. Which types are least like you? Dominant, organized, decisive
a. Why specifically do you not relate to these types?
Because I'm not like them. I don't want to boss around, I hate too much organizing and deciding for other people.
b. What points (if any) DO you relate to?
I do relate to them when I'm stressed, I become dominant if the situation calls for me being dominant. I become organized when I think I must organize things, and be decisive when the situation calls for it.

8. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love?
What kind of love exactly? I define love as a protective instinct to the ones we had bond with. I love my friends and family because I had a bond with them. The stronger the love, the stronger the bond.
If the question meant romantic love, that's another story, but my general principle for love still applies. A bond of trust that's tested by time must be forged while romantically involved with each other.

9. What is the message your superego tells you?

Consider a time when you felt poorly about yourself--this means your ego (i.e. YOU) is receiving negative feedback from your superego. Write a conversation between the two of them--what is your superego telling you about how to be? (Note: this obviously is very personal and may be better done privately. Report your findings).

It usually tells me things that I don't want to do most of the time, but it does help me to normalize my id to stabilize my ego(Since I'm more inclined to serve the id).
For example, I love chocolates, and I tend to indulge myself when I have one. But my superego tells me that I should control my intake.

For the following, rank the issues in the order they apply and give a brief description of why and how you relate.

10. Determine your ego ideal--the way you strive to be and want others to perceive you. (Note, you may be consciously aware of failing at this, and you will be hard on yourself if you do. If someone else tells you you're NOT this way, it may make you feel hurt, violated, or angry.)

Which of the following ideals resonate with you the most, and why? Rank them. (10 is the highest, 1 is the lowest)

I'm a vulture of knowledge. And somehow, I want to be recognize by other people for being me. I don't care much about being a good person because morality is subjective to an individual's sense of right and wrong.

11. Determine your "felt sense" of life. To do this it may help to look at how you perceive events. Another way to do this is to look back at your childhood and think of all the things your parents did to you. How did you/do you feel about these events?

Here are some common "felt senses" of life: (10 is the highest, 1 is the lowest)

I'm always bullied when I was a kid, because I don't want to attack people because I don't want to be hurt more. I was a very weak kid before, but at least now I learned from them.
Also I tend to feel unimportant.

12. Core fears. You may have been aware of these fears even as a very small child, before anyone did anything to influence it. You'd be mortified to be in this position or have others perceive you this way.

Discuss which fears have played the greatest role in your life: (10 is the highest, 1 is the lowest)
[/QUOTE]

I hate creating conflict emotionally. And I don't want to fail. And most of all, I DON'T WANT TO DO BORING TASKS.

atlascatcher

MBTI Type
NiFe
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You sound like a head type imo, narrowing to 5, 6, and 7.

What motivates you to search for knowledge?

Are you typically a decisive or indecisive person when making decisions relating to yourself (e.g. small decisions like deciding on food to have for meals and large decisions such as what kind of job to go for)?

Do you ever find yourself being a perfectionist? If so, when?

darknessinzero

You sound like a head type imo, narrowing to 5, 6, and 7.

What motivates you to search for knowledge?

I dunno, it's just inside me. My mind just screams for knowledge like a kid who's throwing up a tantrum so he can get what he wanted. I want to know everything relevant about the world, why things are like that, why things are like this. Answering up a question feels like satisfying my hunger. My method of procuring knowledge is not limited to books, I embrace physical activities too. Such as traveling, and doing something new.

If you ask me which I prefer, I do prefer the physical activities since my mind can't focus on books a lot.

Are you typically a decisive or indecisive person when making decisions relating to yourself (e.g. small decisions like deciding on food to have for meals and large decisions such as what kind of job to go for)?

Yes, but not a lot. I always calculate decisions as to where I can get the greatest gain. However, I've been always defeated by my strong desires, in which makes me indecisive. However, I'm decisive when I'm deciding for other people. Since I can easily make a decision based on objective concerns and little bias from myself is involved

Do you ever find yourself being a perfectionist? If so, when?

When people put a great expectation towards what I do. I want them to deliver what they expect what they want it to be. I'm a people pleaser. lol

atlascatcher

MBTI Type
NiFe
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I dunno, it's just inside me. My mind just screams for knowledge like a kid who's throwing up a tantrum so he can get what he wanted. I want to know everything relevant about the world, why things are like that, why things are like this. Answering up a question feels like satisfying my hunger. My method of procuring knowledge is not limited to books, I embrace physical activities too. Such as traveling, and doing something new.

If you ask me which I prefer, I do prefer the physical activities since my mind can't focus on books a lot.

Yes, but not a lot. I always calculate decisions as to where I can get the greatest gain. However, I've been always defeated by my strong desires, in which makes me indecisive. However, I'm decisive when I'm deciding for other people. Since I can easily make a decision based on objective concerns and little bias from myself is involved

When people put a great expectation towards what I do. I want them to deliver what they expect what they want it to be. I'm a people pleaser. lol

Read more about type 7 and see if you feel it fits you. As for instincts possibly so/sx or so/sp?

Sevens | The Enneagram ...info from the underground.
Seven Stacks | The Enneagram ...info from the underground.