User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: ENTP or ENFP

Default ENTP or ENFP

All I know for sure is that I'm an ENXP. I also studied the difference between Fi and Ti. Fe and Te. But then I think I always kind of use Fi Ti Fe and Te, so I'm a bit confused as to which type really I am.

Lemme give you a list of my ENFP/ENTP traits:

My ENTP traits:
    I like studying about everything (Psychology, technology, philosophy, anything that interests me)
    I like studying how things work.
    I love debating, and when I hear a wrong argument, I always feel like I'm compelled to rectify the error in the argument.
    However sometimes, I felt the need to hold back, since I don't want to hurt people's feelings.
    I see life as a game and I see myself as a player, I view people as chess pieces and I want to know how to control them by their will. (I'm sorta Machiavelli, in a sense)
    I value criticism, especially the sensible ones.
    I don't really care about people, I just want to do what I want sometimes.
    I analyze to the core of the thought, and I even end up concluding that everything I thought is wrong because I felt it doesn't fit within the logic that I knew of.

My ENFP traits:
    I'm emphatic, and I like helping people and counseling their problems.
    I can be sensitive to people's criticism too, but not always. (Just some ad hominem ones)
    I'm a sanguine-phlegmatic type.
    I can be irrational sometimes.
    I have my own personal values, but I don't follow them quite often, I can go with the flow even my values are hurt.
    I can hide what I really feel towards people.
    I don't handle well within conflict. Especially if I'm the bad guy. I hate being hated by people (Like I said, I'm a sanguine phlegmatic)

Thank you for your help!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

"I'm emphatic, and I like helping people and counseling their problems."

"I don't really care about people, I just want to do what I want sometimes."

These are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

I'm very empathetic and will happily give a kind word to a stranger, or help someone out, but I also don't get emotionally affected if they are. And really don't care if they listen to my advice.

"I don't handle well within conflict. Especially if I'm the bad guy. I hate being hated by people."

I actually like conflict. Embrace it. It can be exhilarating. But I'm not sure this is an ENTP trait. Plus I wasn't like that when I was younger. I definitely will try to keep the peace if people start to get upset, even if I'm not the one involved. I'm a great mediator. But if I feel wronged or violated, I have no problems saying what's on my mind, and um, may God be with you, haha. And if someone calls me an asshole (if only I had a dollar for every time), I could give a fuck. But really, only if I felt justice was served.

I'll actually feel really bad if someone gets their feelings hurt from misinterpreting me.

Right now, I'm leaning towards ENTP for you, especially after the "seeing people as chess pieces" comment, lol.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I second Mr. Yukon.

Another vote for ENTP.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INFJ

Your ENTP list is stronger than the ENFP list.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    I second Mr. Yukon.

Another vote for ENTP.
    YAYYYY!!!!

The ENTP is strong in this one.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

I think I grow up paying more attentions to feelings FOR MY OWN GOOD.
    I try NOT TO create conflicts just because I see life "as a game" most of the time (and a place where learning is very important),
    but most people don't think this way. I try to respect that more and more.
    It does not mean I'm not ready to fight for some ideas or some important values.

How many times did you take the MBTI test ?

For me, "le noyau dur" (NT) was very obvious in EVERY test (1 time on 8 ONLY I was told to be NF).
    Even if by reading types I could have think being an ENFP.

I would not describe ENTP as being phlegmatic

An ENTP can naturally hide his/her feelings too...
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Actually, this may not be as clear cut as it first appears. The two can be both hard to tell apart, and easy. Just depends.

How do you behave/act/deal with stress?

Which matters more? Justice or mercy?
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    ENTP

Oh, hey. Look what I found.

ENFP VS ENTP.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    ENTP

Here's more. Turns out google is full of these.

I checked for you as I was struck by your saying that ad hominems bother you. Those are at the very bottom of most NTs 'bother list' as they prove and say nothing at all.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    "I'm emphatic, and I like helping people and counseling their problems."

"I don't really care about people, I just want to do what I want sometimes."

These are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

I'm very empathetic and will happily give a kind word to a stranger, or help someone out, but I also don't get emotionally
    affected if they are. And really don't care if they listen to my advice.
    Oh true.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    "I don't handle well within conflict. Especially if I'm the bad guy. I hate being hated by people."

I actually like conflict. Embrace it. It can be exhilarating. But I'm not sure this is an ENTP trait. Plus I wasn't like that when I was younger. I definitely will try to keep the peace if people start to get upset, even if I'm not the one involved. I'm a great mediator. But if I feel wronged or violated, I have no problems saying what's on my mind, and um, may God be with you, haha. And if someone calls me an asshole (if only I had a dollar for every time), I could give a fuck. But really, only if I felt justice was served. I'll actually feel really bad if someone gets their feelings hurt from misinterpreting me.
    I liked conflict too, in a way that there's no ill emotions involved and learning is encouraged and promoted. I love debating with people who also love debating. But then what I hate is when people are sensitive and just blurt out things such as "did you know that you hurt my feelings?" and suddenly became violent. When I felt wronged or violated, I just don't talk since I might say things that I could regret. However, this is different when I view things are wrong, this is where I voice out what I think.

For instance, I have a teacher before who's about to drop one of my classmate (I don't know him btw) because of excess absences. I voiced out to the professor that the student must not be dropped since there are still 2 allowable absences that he didn't consume.
    Then the professor got angry at me, and me, who's the asshole, smirking like a jerk (and I love it). She caught me smirking and got angry ) From that day on, my teacher called me a lawyer )

And oh yeah, I kind of feel like awkward when people I knew I wronged got angry at me. So I tend to avoid them. I feel like I don't want to see them anymore because of guilt. (Though, this is rare. And this happened on mostly on my High School days. I'm a college student now btw)