• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTP or ENFP

Paisley

Strolling Through The Shire
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
DUDE, you're pretty creepy, you just described the way how I do my responsibilities! When I knew better ideas come along the way in achieving a goal, I always find ways to get both. For example, when I go out to buy some food in the mall, suddenly, a wild idea appears! It seems going into the arcade is a good idea! And so I did. Then while playing, another wild idea appears! Sounds like watching this movie is a good idea! And so I did. And finally, this is where I bought food and a wild frickin idea appears again! What about if I check the game store and the bookstore? And the cycle continues.

And I did many things out from just buying a food.

Yup, that's how an ENTP lives. Now update your MBTI from ???? to ENTP.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Its' interesting to buy food:D Maybe that's why people are just bored while we, ENTP, are enjoying shopping or other activities.

I'd say "Where curiosity arises time is flying..."

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTJ's are the best at it, but it's a weakness for ENTP's. ............ nothing to do with spatial reasoning skills or time at all, which in fact you just completely agreed with in that you need "many plans as well as options for my well-being.", to which I thank you, for agreeing with me.....and for writing a bouncy post, that also flows harmoniously with what I'm saying about ENTP's.
:hug:

Yes:D I'm good with illustrations too...

Don't worry cowboy, we'll meet again ! :2ar15::matador:

An ENTP has to know himself/herself better, like everyone else, to tame that rebellious part of himself, that huuuuuge curiosity !

What made me more grounded are reflexion over spontaneity, knowing what I really want from my life (not only adventures for the sake of adrenaline) and people around me.

Also : admitting that we are not alone and...that we can rely on somebody:smooch:.

Suffering is not at each corner of the streets, so... we don't need to avoid ALL commitments like the plague.

Here are some points to meditate on. Even if, useless to say, every ENTP is different with a unique personal story.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i love all this ENTP discussion. it's interesting to see Ne dominance play out with TiFe rather than FiTe. i can relate to a lot of what you guys are saying, and it makes it easier to pick out Ne as a separate function. i tend to blur my things together when i think about them.

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Yes:D I'm good with illustrations too...

Don't worry cowboy, we'll meet again ! :2ar15::matador:

An ENTP has to know himself/herself better, like everyone else, to tame that rebellious part of himself, that huuuuuge curiosity !

What made me more grounded are reflexion over spontaneity, knowing what I really want from my life (not only adventures for the sake of adrenaline) and people around me.

Also : admitting that we are not alone and...that we can rely on somebody:smooch:.

Suffering is not at each corner of the streets, so... we don't need to avoid ALL commitments like the plague.

Here are some points to meditate on. Even if, useless to say, every ENTP is different with a unique personal story.

Do you mean, "I'm good with illustrations though...", because spatial reasoning of the physical world still has nothing to do with illustrations, you understand that, right? Or do I need to go over that again? It's an ET IS strength, with grounded logic of the sense world, being able to interpret and reason the space of one object compared to another, ie, Compare 2 different cups; which has more volume? That is spatial reasoning.

Always good to reflect to gain some balance, but I would never discourage an ENTP from their curiosity or spontaneity, in fact, it's what I like most about them. Curiosity and spontaneity is what gives them energy and strength, as there are a lot of jobs in the world that require the perspective of an ENTP to get the ball rolling. ENTP's are not non-committal either, they just want to do everything and overlap their commitments, and take in the whole world simultaneously, which I love about them; it's why they're fun and awesome and good friends!

I don't think you're really getting how much I love ENTP's. :hug:

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
because spatial reasoning of the physical world still has nothing to do with illustrations, you understand that, right? Or do I need to go over that again? ... That is spatial reasoning.

Always good to reflect to gain some balance, but I would never discourage an ENTP from their curiosity or spontaneity, in fact, it's what I like most about them. Curiosity and spontaneity is what gives them energy and strength, as there are a lot of jobs in the world that require the perspective of an ENTP to get the ball rolling. ENTP's are not non-committal either, they just want to do everything and overlap their commitments, and take in the whole world simultaneously, which I love about them; it's why they're fun and awesome and good friends!

I don't think you're really getting how much I love ENTP's. :hug:

Oh yes I do :cheers: There are good people in each type and crap people in each type.
I know where and with who (this is very important) I can make progress. This is very very important...

I am on the point to let drop what you are calling "spatial reasoning" :D Wanna give me a hand before I become totally hopeless on this subject ?!
When I was speaking of "my illustrations" I was just pointing my torreador and his flushing bull above:blush:

Now you're going to say ENTP are bad with languages:doh: That hopeless but funny breed...

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Oh yes I do :cheers: There are good people in each type and crap people in each type.
I know where and with who (this is very important) I can make progress. This is very very important...

I am on the point to let drop what you are calling "spatial reasoning" :D Wanna give me a hand before I become totally hopeless on this subject ?!
When I was speaking of "my illustrations" I was just pointing my torreador and his flushing bull above:blush:

Now you're going to say ENTP are bad with languages:doh: That hopeless but funny breed...

ENTP's are amazing with language! English is a second language for you, so I want to make sure what you mean isn't lost in translation and that we understand each others text. You are not hopeless, this is simple stuff; not complex, now I see your emoticons were what you meant by illustrations. :) Got it.

Perhaps some more study into ENTP's would help you to embrace the joy of being one.

Famous ENTPs - CelebrityTypes.com
Keirsey Temperament Website - Portrait of the Rational Inventor (ENTP)
ENTP Profile
https://www.personalitypage.com/ENTP.html
Profile of the ENTP Personality Type | Truity
http://personalityjunkie.com/entp/

darknessinzero

Guys, take a look at this enneagram question I answered. :D

0. What's making you unsure of your type? What research have you already done to determine type?
My answers in the test are quite bias, henceforth my results are also biased.
So, to eliminate biasing of myself, I propose that you, readers, evaluate me objectively.

1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline).
When I'm in an introverted state, I love reading a lot of new information. Such as news, and articles, and facts (like waitbutwhy.com). I also tend to read non fictional books, mostly about psychology, philosophy and alike. Sometimes I watch series or movies and play videogames.
Outside, I tend to gregarious when I'm with my friends. But when alone, I just think about a lot of things, creating theories and that. Also, people reading. I also tend to try a lot of things, such as parkour, bar-hopping, going to new places.

2. Describe yourself--
a. What's it like to be you?
A scatterbrained, super curious individual with an ample amount of power in reading people's motivations and very veryyy inquisitive. I think of myself as a Psychologist x Detective x Engineer (Since I like to know how things work)
I tend to be a little Machiavellian too. I break the rules if I like, but not to the point of hurting people.
b. What have others said about you?
My friends told me I'm a philosopher, psychologist, Mr. Knowitall. Because I tend to always ask "why" in everything that they say. In general perspective/stranger's perspective, I dunno.
c. What do you think of yourself?
Just like what I've described in the question "What's it like to be you". Since I love being myself.

3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one.
What kind of issues exactly? Well, in general. I do deal with the same nuance as you do to survive, with a little twist. I only do what I think is interesting. For example:
Deadlines: always deal with this right before the deadline per se. Because this is the point where I get the right motivation I need.
Lovelife: There's nothing to say here. HAHA
Mediator: Sometimes I mediate arguments, like I offer them the best choice for a win-win situation.
Debates: I love to argue, for the sake of arguing. I hate it when people start to feel bad because they misunderstood what I've said.

4. You're not good at everything--
a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt?
Being super-organized I think? I hate to think about organizing too much. But I do organize. And also, following the rules too much.
b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop?
Super observation skills of Sherlock. But I'm bad at looking for trifles and minutias. I hate details )

5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you?
I think its because my friends don't see each other for a period of time. And that's just about it.

6. Which types do you identify with most? Inquisitive, curious ones. And adaptable ones.
a. How do you relate to these types?
When they ask questions too, it's like, I get the feeling why they ask a lot.
b. How do you NOT relate to them?
I dunno, perhaps when they are being aggressive or dominant.

7. Which types are least like you? Dominant, organized, decisive
a. Why specifically do you not relate to these types?
Because I'm not like them. I don't want to boss around, I hate too much organizing and deciding for other people.
b. What points (if any) DO you relate to?
I do relate to them when I'm stressed, I become dominant if the situation calls for me being dominant. I become organized when I think I must organize things, and be decisive when the situation calls for it.

8. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love?
What kind of love exactly? I define love as a protective instinct to the ones we had bond with. I love my friends and family because I had a bond with them. The stronger the love, the stronger the bond.
If the question meant romantic love, that's another story, but my general principle for love still applies. A bond of trust that's tested by time must be forged while romantically involved with each other.

9. What is the message your superego tells you?

Consider a time when you felt poorly about yourself--this means your ego (i.e. YOU) is receiving negative feedback from your superego. Write a conversation between the two of them--what is your superego telling you about how to be? (Note: this obviously is very personal and may be better done privately. Report your findings).

It usually tells me things that I don't want to do most of the time, but it does help me to normalize my id to stabilize my ego(Since I'm more inclined to serve the id).
For example, I love chocolates, and I tend to indulge myself when I have one. But my superego tells me that I should control my intake.

For the following, rank the issues in the order they apply and give a brief description of why and how you relate.

10. Determine your ego ideal--the way you strive to be and want others to perceive you. (Note, you may be consciously aware of failing at this, and you will be hard on yourself if you do. If someone else tells you you're NOT this way, it may make you feel hurt, violated, or angry.)

Which of the following ideals resonate with you the most, and why? Rank them. (10 is the highest, 1 is the lowest)

I'm a vulture of knowledge. And somehow, I want to be recognize by other people for being me. I don't care much about being a good person because morality is subjective to an individual's sense of right and wrong.

11. Determine your "felt sense" of life. To do this it may help to look at how you perceive events. Another way to do this is to look back at your childhood and think of all the things your parents did to you. How did you/do you feel about these events?

Here are some common "felt senses" of life: (10 is the highest, 1 is the lowest)

2 I must do everything to maintain my world
9 I have a sense of being unimportant, insignificant, and underving of attention
4 I feel imperfect, not (good) enough
2 I have been abandoned and I am inherently flawed
5 I'm outside the natural unfoldment of things
3 People have wronged and messed with me
7 I feel isolated, cut off, and ultimately separate
10 I have felt weak and/or vulnerable to attack
7 I've had a sense of being rejectible

I'm always bullied when I was a kid, because I don't want to attack people because I don't want to be hurt more. I was a very weak kid before, but at least now I learned from them.
Also I tend to feel unimportant.

12. Core fears. You may have been aware of these fears even as a very small child, before anyone did anything to influence it. You'd be mortified to be in this position or have others perceive you this way.

Discuss which fears have played the greatest role in your life: (10 is the highest, 1 is the lowest)

10 Creating conflict by making myself or my needs too obvious
5 Rejection, being needy, and not being loved
3 Weak and not being on top of things
7 Failure
6 Being abandoned, sadness, feeling lost
9 Entanglements and losing what I have
5 Something is basically wrong with me--I'm not good enough
10 Boredom, grunt work, and being exposed as a charlatan
5 A lot--everything and everyone to one degree or another. It's very generalized

I hate creating conflict emotionally. And I don't want to fail. And most of all, I DON'T WANT TO DO BORING TASKS.

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTP's are amazing with language! English is a second language for you, so I want to make sure what you mean isn't lost in translation and that we understand each others text.

Thanks for the links !! Enough of ENTP now (I need a break), let's come to INFJ : how did you discover your enneatype ?
INFJ 8 ?:huh: I just wrote some posts about INFP/8 (mistyped). Around + than 90 per cent of type 8 is considered as being extrovert.

What do you say about that (yes I know, we are not dealing anymore with ENTP and ENFP) ?
But we ENTP are not forced to be the center of attention;)

I've always loved learning languages. As a child, I already felt very attracted to "unknown sounds", "strange syllables", even without understanding a thing, I felt very curious about differences.

And this is probably a gift not to "feel lost in translations". Useless to say, that depends of course on the person with who I'm communicating.

If there is a misunderstanding, you'll probably notice it very quickly as you pay good attention to the answers.

Most of the time, it becomes very funny when misunderstandings are only due to different native languages.

Like those slips of tongues:D I learn some great vocabulary on Youtube, yeah I know... One can always improve his/her SLANG.

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Thanks for the links !! Enough of ENTP now (I need a break), let's come to INFJ : how did you discover your enneatype ?
INFJ 8 ?:huh: I just wrote some posts about INFP/8 (mistyped). Around + than 90 per cent of type 8 is considered as being extrovert.

What do you say about that (yes I know, we are not dealing anymore with ENTP and ENFP) ?
But we ENTP are not forced to be the center of attention;)

I've always loved learning languages. As a child, I already felt very attracted to "unknown sounds", "strange syllables", even without understanding a thing, I felt very curious about differences.

And this is probably a gift not to "feel lost in translations". Useless to say, that depends of course on the person with who I'm communicating.

If there is a misunderstanding, you'll probably notice it very quickly as you pay good attention to the answers.

Most of the time, it becomes very funny when misunderstandings are only due to different native languages.

Like those slips of tongues:D I learn some great vocabulary on Youtube, yeah I know... One can always improve his/her SLANG.

I don't give much weight to enneagram, as it can change with any mood swing, but, it's best to start a new discussion somewhere else to talk about that, than here.

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You are an ENTP.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I love debating, and when I hear a wrong argument, I always feel like I'm compelled to rectify the error in the argument.
I see life as a game and I see myself as a player, I view people as chess pieces and I want to know how to control them by their will. (I'm sorta Machiavelli, in a sense)
I value criticism, especially the sensible ones.
I don't really care about people, I just want to do what I want sometimes.

My ENFP traits:
I'm emphatic, and I like helping people and counseling their problems.
I can be sensitive to people's criticism too, but not always. (Just some ad hominem ones)

ENTP