Thread: ENTP or ENFP

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by darknessinzero View Post
    It seems so. But I'd value more the facts than the circumstantial one. So ENTP it is?
    Have you taken a look at what functions are being used as I objectively laid them out in brackets in my previous post? There should be no question for you..."So ENTP it is!"
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

"Don't let what matters least, matter most."

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by paisley1 View Post
    Have you taken a look at what functions are being used as I objectively laid them out in brackets in my previous post? There should be no question for you..."So ENTP it is!"
    Are you sure to be an INFJ ? Your answer sounds pretty much INTJ

48.39 per cent T. against 51.61 F. Some day it could be the other way round...
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

It would help if Fi wasn't so hard to 'get' for people. Ti seems simple enough. It looks for inconsistencies, seeks precision in speaking, etc. whereas Fi is always described in some almost ethereal way, like you have to have wings to understand it. Fe is misunderstood by a lot of people too. I'm not always looking for harmony, but I know how to speak in order to achieve it if I WANT to (Fe).

Below is a bit of explanation of Ti I can easily understand as I do this a LOT. I like to be understood, and I like to seek the objective truth, and almost NEED precision (One example, are you a secret or even open grammar nazi?). For instance, just recently, I felt incredibly uncomfortable (to the point of speaking out loud to MYSELF) when I heard a 'scientist' say they'd found the "oldest cave art." I loudly said, "THAT YOU KNOW OF. Just because another hasn't been FOUND yet OMG." See? annoying. *shrug* Precision.

Here's the excerpt. Maybe it'll help. There's plenty more on the net, of course:

Introverted Thinking* - (Ti)

Introverted Thinking often involves finding just the right word to clearly express an idea concisely, crisply, and to the point.

Using introverted Thinking is like having an internal sense of the essential qualities of something, noticing the fine distinctions that make it what it is and then naming it.

It also involves an internal reasoning process of deriving subcategories of classes and sub-principles of general principles.

These can then be used in problem solving, analysis, and refining of a product or an idea.

This process is evidenced in behaviors like taking things or ideas apart to figure out how they work.

The analysis involves looking at different sides of an issue and seeing where there is inconsistency. [Personal note here. Inconsistency SHOUTS at me when I see/hear/sense it. It will NOT be ignored, and I can't let it pass without studying it, thinking about it, finding what's behind it.]

In so doing, we search for a "leverage point" that will fix problems with the least amount of effort or damage to the system.

We engage in this process when we notice logical inconsistencies between statements and frameworks, using a model to evaluate the likely accuracy of what's observed.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery
    Likes atlascatcher liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

based on reading 5 sentences: ENTP.

I had my own doubts about entp/enfp, especially because i overthink, analyse, and am very good in logic stuff, but i figured my T is more my ennea 7 part. mental fix to use brain all the time.qq

but we are not much similar. i wear my heart on sleeves, am very easily hurt, and still care about friends i didn see since kindergarten (sick, i know)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by ExNinjaTropPervertie View Post
    Are you sure to be an INFJ ? Your answer sounds pretty much INTJ

48.39 per cent T. against 51.61 F. Some day it could be the other way round...
    My bypassed analysis, which clearly outlines the objective facts of what functions are being used in the situation he presented, led to that overtly assertive post. Trust me, it was much more feely, passive, and polite in it's first iteration, lol! I beefed it up for effect, but I did SAY it in a fun and pleasant tone, which you can't hear, even if WHAT I'm saying is direct.

8w9 EIE
    Likes RedAmazoneFriendZone liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Yeah... We have to add sounds as soon as possible to this great forum to avoid any misunderstandings !

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

Yeah... We have to add sounds as soon as possible to this great forum to avoid any misunderstandings !
    I'm all about voices and intonation of the voice, tonal inflection and so on, and usually I'm talking in a tone of a character other than myself, so the typing comes off harsh or cruel or just off altogether, lol. I need more than Emoticons.

Read that assertive post thinking of a white guy doing an impression of Ben Jabituya's east Indian accent, and that's me in a nutshell, all the time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6TLYwelOPk

Sometimes I'm typing with the intonation of Strongbad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0TMQE1O6NY

I try to be more direct so I'm not misconstrued because ....them words are confounding my voices vibrations... <-That's Strongbad.

8w9 EIE

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

A foreigner can hardly understand 100 per cent of Strongbad's speeches ! More specifically the white character.

To get better voice vibration check this out :

"You'll make a beautiful H sound over the top"

Enjoy new sounds with "ZIS" video : No more slip of the THong(ue).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

A foreigner can hardly understand 100 per cent of Strongbad's speeches ! More specifically the white character.
    You can't possibly be serious. Homestar and Strongbad are hilarious! That sucks for you....aww well. I was doubled over on the floor in pain laughing after watching it for the first time. Just brilliant stuff.

8w9 EIE

To help you, you can also compare yourself with some people on this forum, the way they express themselves and what they really focus on,
    and thinking about watching some videos about the differences of each function.

I did. I have met 2 kind of INTP's and researched about what they do in their childhood. Pretty sure, when I was a kid, I'm veryyyy extroverted. I just became an introvert when I was a college. So, before I thought that my type is INTP. This changed when I met with INTP's and they're a lot more different than me since I can become an extrovert or introvert if I wanted to, however, the INTP's I know can't. Plus I'm a lot more reckless compared to them )