User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: ENTP or ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by ExNinjaTropPervertie View Post

How many times did you take the MBTI test ?
    I think, hundreds of times already.

Quote Originally Posted by ExNinjaTropPervertie View Post
    I would not describe ENTP as being phlegmatic
    This is exactly the reason why I doubted my Type ) I'm a 3w2 7w6 9w1 in my enneagram

So I tend to:
    Show off what I can do (though I'm not boastful)
    Got dissapointed when people don't appreciate what I can do
    Loves adventure and trying out new things
    But also mind security as well
    Peace loving

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    Actually, this may not be as clear cut as it first appears. The two can be both hard to tell apart, and easy. Just depends.

How do you behave/act/deal with stress?
    Organize my thoughts, though I'm not good at it since I hate thinking about it.

Which matters more? Justice or mercy?
    That depends, sometimes I value justice, sometimes mercy. But if it's mercy that I feel, I check first if the person to be judged is just showing-off or truly sincere.

MBTI
    INFJ

Thinking doesn't matter more to a Thinker, it's simply what they have a tendency to do.

So you shouldn't really value justice or mercy more highly (assuming justice=T, mercy=F), at least assuming an acceptance of your opposite side.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Thinking doesn't matter more to a Thinker, it's simply what they have a tendency to do.

So you shouldn't really value justice or mercy more highly (assuming justice=T, mercy=F), at least assuming an acceptance of your opposite side.
    Uh. I'm not saying whether or not it's definitive. Like you are, for instance, but I am saying it matters in some way. Because it does. I'm not speaking JUST T and F, but a mixture of ENTP and ENFP.

To the OP, I see your answer, and I get what you mean, I think. I can care, but if I have to choose, it will always fall on justice's side. Keeping in mind, of course, that justice in this context isn't always what the law says it is.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Uh. I'm not saying whether or not it's definitive. Like you are, for instance, but I am saying it matters in some way. Because it does. I'm not speaking JUST T and F, but a mixture of ENTP and ENFP.

To the OP, I see your answer, and I get what you mean, I think. I can care, but if I have to choose, it will always fall on justice's side. Keeping in mind, of course, that justice in this context isn't always what the law says it is.
    Indeed, justice can fall to either of the following criterias:

Personal values (based on what you feel is right)
    Self calculated judgement based on the logical side of things. <----And I happen to fall here
    Likes digesthisickness liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by darknessinzero View Post
    Oh true.

I liked conflict too (EN IT very not EN IF), in a way that there's no ill emotions involved (EF) and learning is encouraged and promoted. (ENTP) I love debating (ENTP) with people who also love debating. But then what I hate is when people are sensitive and just blurt out things such as "did you know that you hurt my feelings?" (Your EF hating some selfish assholes IF) and suddenly became violent. When I felt wronged or violated, I just don't talk since I might say things that I could regret. However, this is different when I view things are wrong, this is where I voice out what I think. (EN IT)

For instance, I have a teacher before who's about to drop one of my classmate (I don't know him btw) because of excess absences. I voiced out to the professor that the student must not be dropped since there are still 2 allowable absences that he didn't consume. (EN IT)
    Then the professor got angry at me, and me, who's the asshole, smirking like a jerk (and I love it). She caught me smirking and got angry ) From that day on, my teacher called me a lawyer ) (Classic ENTP gamesmanship!)

And oh yeah, I kind of feel like awkward when people I knew I wronged got angry at me (EF). So I tend to avoid them. I feel like I don't want to see them anymore because of guilt. (Though, this is rare. And this happened on mostly on my High School days. I'm a college student now btw)
    In pain laughing at this clearly ENTP post!

ENTP: EN IT EF IS Rational - Inventor
    ENFP: EN IF ET IS Idealist - Champion

In your post above, I've put brackets where you are clearly an ENTP or using the functions of an ENTP. In your case, you don't seem to be using IF or ET at all, and are very strongly using IT and EF.

ENFP's are not debators at heart, but will enjoy making fun OF debates and playing on the ideas of the debate as opposed to making the argument then saying it. ENFP's are more egalitarian and liberal (wishy washy) and aloof with having offended someone, whereas you (ENTP) sound quite firm in voicing your stance (EN IT) yet aware of the feelings of the people around you (EF).
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

"Don't let what matters least, matter most."

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Look at the differences between Ti and Fi and how they might work for you. I had the same issue once, exacerbated by the fact that everyone insisted I was "blatantly obviously" an Fi-user. Then I figured out (or rather, observed my brain doing it) I'm really good at finding the "underlying principle" on the spot and my perceived lack of social skills was actually semi-repressed Fe.

Ignore the stuff about Fi meaning you have principles and convictions and stuff--me too. Examine what your brain actually does.

Based on your list, I'd reckon ENTP, though. ENFP seems like circumstantial evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    Based on your list, I'd reckon ENTP, though. ENFP seems like circumstantial evidence.
    It seems so. But I'd value more the facts than the circumstantial one. So ENTP it is?

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

It seems so. But I'd value more the facts than the circumstantial one. So ENTP it is?
    Well you know yourself better. I'm only speculating based on a short list of characteristics you've provided. But it does seem like you have an inclination toward Ti over Fi.

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

I think, hundreds of times already
    This is exactly the reason why I doubted my Type ) I'm a 3w2 7w6 9w1 in my enneagram
    9w1 can be very much phlegmatic,
    3w2 NO WAY !!!

As for 7w6 they can easily become anxious under the "smiling surface".

For me there is no "pure absolute type". I am ENTP but was often mistaken with INTP many times (let's say I'm a "fake extrovert").

ENTP Ne Ti Fe Si
    INTP Ti Ne Si Fe

Looking at the functions, that's what you must do to discover your true type !

In the example above I am sure not to be Ti dominant!
    To help you, you can also compare yourself with some people on this forum, the way they express themselves and what they really focus on,
    and thinking about watching some videos about the differences of each function.

ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM