First 45678 Last

Thread: My Type?

MBTI
    IxxP
    Enneagram
    953 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

You sound a lot like me in post #7, but maybe that's just my 9 tendency to merge via empathy. Then again, I can read others' "type me" threads and barely identify. Sorry, that was absolutely no help.

IxTx and either 5, 6 or 9

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    You sound a lot like me but maybe that's just my 9 tendency to merge via empathy. Then again, I can read others' "type me" threads and barely identify. Sorry, that was absolutely no help.

IxTx and either 5, 6 or 9
    Then, either you are ENFJ, or it's to do with how I've spent a lot of times talking to INTPs.
    Likes asynartetic, geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    IxxP
    Enneagram
    953 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Then, either you are ENFJ, or it's to do with how I've spent a lot of times talking to INTPs.
    You seem more Ti than Te. I'm no NFJ but I can see why you identify with Ni, what with having a fairly solid vision of where you see yourself in the future.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I would like to know my type. I have a good idea but am confused on some points.

I am very quiet, always getting comments as such, and can only really talk at length on particular subjects, or subject which require a certain kind of philosophical analysis. The subjects I am most drawn to are mathematics, philosophy, certain aspects of psychology. Science is ok, but I don't really like doing the experiments - I'm generally not a very hands on person, though I can be quite crafty. When it comes to homework and other things, I am definitely one to leave things until the last minute, though I've usually figured out how to do a problem in my head, so that when it comes to putting it down on paper I know the rough line I need to take and how long it will take.

I like to think visually, for example, seeing concepts represented in pictures in my head, or closing my eyes and seeing transforming sets of visuals - as a hypothetical example, I may see a bird fly around the sun, then cover it, and a face appear on the bird. I have a tendency to read into what people say in the sense of thinking of how what they say would make sense in a different context - however this may be due to paranoia.
    we are the same person...

I naturally dwell a lot on the past, trying to figure out what I could have done differently in certain situations (though I see this as a negative trait which I am trying to counter). I tend to view the future in somewhat simplistic terms, seeing essentially a linearity with the past, as opposed to a breeding ground for new ideas and possibilities. For example I may tend to see my life in the future as the archetypal "job, house, wife" set up, giving time frames for when I would like to achieve what.
    except for this part.

I am at the same time generous and stingy - I will give to others as though it makes no difference whether I have something or they, but I will tend to not spend much and spend cheaply where I can. When interacting with others, I try to be warm, laughing at others jokes, giving a look of concern where it is due, and trying to make sure things run smoothly (except when something is done in good humour).

This is all I have for now. Ask questions to know more.
    we are the same person

i will think of something substantial to contribute later.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    You seem more Ti than Te. I'm no NFJ but I can see why you identify with Ni, what with having a fairly solid vision of where you see yourself in the future.

Do you think I could be ESFJ?

MBTI
    INFJ

I don't know much about where I will be in the future, I am just eating my lunch. Today I am having 2 foods that I have had many times before and I have found them to be quite reasonably priced and nutritious and inline with my moral values. Today I have mixed things up by cooking both of these foods together at once in the same oven cooking. I thought this move was a bit risky, but it has paid off in the end. I think I will combine these 2 foods in the same dish in the future more often.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne View Post
    we are the same person...
    Yeah I don't remember ever making an account called Hawthorne, and if I was replying to myself in this thread then I think I would know about it, sorry bro.
    Likes Smilephantomhive, geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

In all seriousness, what are your reasons for dismissing Ti ego?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne View Post
    In all seriousness, what are your reasons for dismissing Ti ego?
    What? I have to be... SERIOUS???

Ok, welllll, I generally am not very logical. My head hurts going through deductive logic sort of stuff. Like, for example in mathematics, I am great at most of the stuff where I can visualise it, but for example in real analysis, I have a hard time because it requires a fair bit of precise logic.

I looked the Dario Nardi MBTI threads a few times, where it summarises his studies on the cognitive functions in different types, and I did not relate strongly to the descriptions of Ti or its associated regions. Interestingly, I did relate fairly well to the regions associated with extroverted thinking. This seems quite odd if I am an ENFJ.

Especially odd if I am an ENFJ, considering I seem to be able to mimick different types anyway. Ne dominants are good at mimicking others. I could be an Ne dominant. Maybe even an ENTP, hmm. Not so sure any more.

I could type myself differently based on different posts, I will have to go and look in the mirror to see what my facial features suggest or how my eyes look and who I can compare myself to because this would give clues as to what my true type is. That should work, I think.
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

You know, honestly though I could just be ISFP.

I look kinda like a cross between Bob Dylan and Justin Timberlake.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :newwink:
  • :wink:
  • ;)