Thread: My Type?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I know not what you say, but an opinion born of your own mind, you guideth me to the professed, yet have they passed my own born test?

I say to thee, be gone, thou stayst, unto my own devised dismay. The test I test, yet to detest, for stages made, my own professed.
    Well, if you know that ultimately you will end up deciding on your type, then why create a thread about it? Why bother asking for opinions when youre not willing to take them into consideration?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by BeyondTheGrey View Post
    Well, if you know that ultimately you will end up deciding on your type, then why create a thread about it? Why bother asking for opinions when youre not willing to take them into consideration?
    I made this thread, back in my past.

Who am I now? Who needeth ask...
    Likes BeyondTheGrey liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I made this thread, back in my past.

Who am I now? Who needeth ask...
    Well, its revived now and I personally, really don't care who you are. You needed opinions, I gave you mine.
    Likes Legion liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

Well, its revived now and I personally, really don't care who you are. You needed opinions, I gave you mine.
    Yeah, you're right. Thanks.

MBTI
    INFJ

Im going for INxP.
    As for enneagram i think an unhealthy 6w5 fits sorta.
    I do see a lot of 9.

I dont mean to be a dick or anything but, you are who you want to be, interms of mbti. Tests are useless. If youre lost, seek professional help and find yourself. Dont rely on yourself to find yourself, interms of tests, cause there seems to be some biasness over here.
    I forget if I mentioned it in the thread, but INxP is what I get on the usual MBTI tests most of the time, or at least when I am just answering naturally, and aren't adjusting to some type bias I have at the time.

So if it did turn out I was just INxP, then contrary to tests being useless, it would seem that they're pretty accurate and that the whole long process of questioning to find the right type is what is useless. That would be kind of funny, honestly.

MBTI
    INFJ

guys guys

i swear someone put switches in my brain where i can become any type just because someone tells me i am that type, this is fricken scary but amazing

also, i'm almost out of alcohol, ffs

MBTI
    INFJ

I decided that I'm an ESFP.

I'm all about having fun in the moment.

I meant, I do care about people's feelings, but don't distract me from my fun in the moment.

K?

K.

MBTI
    INFJ

hey @reckful , I saw that you posted about C.S. Lewis a few years ago, and I think you were saying he was INTJ.

Am I correct in thinking so? If so, would you still say so and how confident are you in this?

(I'm asking for fairly obvious reasons, I guess?)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

^ I don't really know all that much about Lewis, but I see I once posted this at INTJforum: "I'd say definitely IN for C.S. Lewis (like most fiction writers), and probably IN_J, and maybe I lean a bit T also (so INTJ)." I don't remember what web (or other) browsing I might have done for purposes of making that post.

What I'm guessing you saw, since I've posted it multiple times, at more than one forum, is this (which is only about his possible T preference):

More generally, to me, doing things for each other is not an essential part of a romantic relationship or friendship. Ideally, it's based simply on love or fondness for who the other person is, not what the other person does for me (and vice versa). I've done several posts at another forum discussing the core drive INFJs (especially) seem to have to make "noble sacrifices" or otherwise engage in significant acts of service for the people they care most about. And in that context, and as an example of more of an opposite orientation toward love, I've quoted C.S. Lewis. In The Four Loves, he noted that, "to the Ancients, Friendship [— by which he meant the kind of kindred-spirit best-friendship that a person has with, at most, a select few —] seemed the happiest and most fully human of all loves," and Lewis concurred with that assessment, and went on to note that the idea of one person doing something for the benefit of another played no essential part in — and was in fact somewhat "alien" to — this highest form of human love.

Here's Lewis:

A Friend will, to be sure, prove himself to be also an ally when alliance becomes necessary; will lend or give when we are in need, nurse us in sickness, stand up for us among our enemies, do what he can for our widows and orphans. But such good offices are not the stuff of Friendship. The occasions for them are almost interruptions. They are in one way relevant to it, in another not. Relevant, because you would be a false friend if you would not do them when the need arose; irrelevant, because the role of benefactor always remains accidental, even a little alien, to that of Friend. It is almost embarrassing. For Friendship is utterly free from Affection's need to be needed. We are sorry that any gift or loan or night-watching should have been necessary — and now, for heaven's sake, let us forget all about it and go back to the things we really want to do or talk of together. Even gratitude is no enrichment to this love. The stereotyped "Don't mention it" here expresses what we really feel. The mark of perfect Friendship is not that help will be given when the pinch comes (of course it will) but that, having been given, it makes no difference at all. It was a distraction, an anomaly. It was a horrible waste of the time, always too short, that we had together.

That strongly resonates with me. INFJs are often said to have somewhat of a martyr streak, and to seek opportunities to play benefactor, in contrast to Lewis's experience of the benefactor role as "almost embarrassing," and an anomalous irrelevancy in the context of "the happiest and most fully human of all loves."

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast