• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Type?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Well, that quote in particular, I'm not so sure about. It sounds quite reasonable.

However, I was reading some of Lewis' theological material (Mere Christianity), and I was amazed by how similar his thoughts are to my own. I was like, wow, that's pretty much my thoughts only better expressed. So, I inferred from that that he and I would be the same type in the MBTI.

At the moment, I'm leaning towards INTJ for myself. In terms of cognitive functions, I would say that due to my high levels of introversion, I can sometimes seem to be an F because the Fi sort of overtakes the Te quite often. (I don't know if that sentence can really be translated into your dichotomy-based approach, though. I guess you would just put an X or mark the preference as slight?)

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
At the moment, I'm leaning towards INTJ for myself. In terms of cognitive functions, I would say that due to my high levels of introversion, I can sometimes seem to be an F because the Fi sort of overtakes the Te quite often. (I don't know if that sentence can really be translated into your dichotomy-based approach, though. I guess you would just put an X or mark the preference as slight?)

As you know, I don't frame things in terms of "Fi" and "Te," but when it comes to middlish preferences and slight/mild preferences on, e.g., T/F, I think it makes sense for somebody to indicate that they feel pretty much middlish (or uncertain) with an "X," and for somebody who feels like they have a preference but it's notably mild or borderline (and/or maybe somewhat open to question) by lowercasing it (e.g., INfJ).

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
As you know, I don't frame things in terms of "Fi" and "Te," but when it comes to middlish preferences and slight/mild preferences on, e.g., T/F, I think it makes sense for somebody to indicate that they feel pretty much middlish (or uncertain) with an "X," and for somebody who feels like they have a preference but it's notably mild or borderline (and/or maybe somewhat open to question) by lowercasing it (e.g., INfJ).

How do you indicate a split personality?

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
How do you indicate a split personality?

I'm not sure what you mean by "split personality," but there are many kinds of psychological phenonema that are outside the bounds of the MBTI & Big Five.

Both the Big Five and the Step II MBTI include the idea of "facets," though, and the idea that somebody could have, in effect, a combination of what you might call (in MBTI terms) "T tugs" in certain areas and "F tugs" in other areas. I don't have any strong views on how much validity there is to the "facets" idea, and haven't spent any time pondering what the best way to "indicate" facet preferences would be in terms of elegant labeling.

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I often get comments about how calm I am, and that I have a calming presence on others. I definitely avoid self assertion, and I will quickly back away from a lot of arguments if I don't think it will really help things. I have been described as "Jesus"-like in my attempts to calm down arguments that are going on. I am "democratic" and most highly value 9, 6, 3 and 2 traits. When going through the most stressing period of my life thus far, I became very suspicious of others, and saw my successes and built up images crumbling away. However, this last part can be explained without typology.

ISFj is famous for powerful Fi that can very subtly and unobtrusively shift the emotional environment of whatever group of people it finds itself in. It naturally and unconsciously creates calmness, comfort, and harmony (when it wants to). It is also democratic and naturally suspicious.

ISFj = ESI in Socionics (may be either ISFJ or ISFP in M/B typology)

See if this sounds familiar: Socionics - the16types.info - ISFj The Guardian Profile by Gulenko

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
[MENTION=26269]Kheledon[/MENTION]: Yeah probably.

More interested at the moment in how the fuck is exactly even though. :/

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=26269]Kheledon[/MENTION]: Yeah probably.

More interested at the moment in how the fuck is exactly even though. :/

Not sure what you mean, here. I'd be happy to give you more feedback, if you'd like, but I can't quite figure out what you're "more interested" in at the moment.

:shrug:

Roeduif

MBTI Type
ENxP
Enneagram
3w4
what you describe here are traits for a INTP, so I'm going with that xD

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Not sure what you mean, here. I'd be happy to give you more feedback, if you'd like, but I can't quite figure out what you're "more interested" in at the moment.

:shrug:

Well, if two things are the same, then their difference iz zero, so zero must mean exactly. Now, zero is an even number, but to be even is to be a multiple of 2, but how can you multiply something and end up with less than you started with? This is a constant dilemma for me.

Lol, just being silly.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I would like to know my type. I have a good idea but am confused on some points.

Typing self-confirmed:

I am very quiet, always getting comments as such, and can only really talk at length on particular subjects, or subject which require a certain kind of philosophical analysis. The subjects I am most drawn to are mathematics, philosophy, certain aspects of psychology. Science is ok, but I don't really like doing the experiments - I'm generally not a very hands on person, though I can be quite crafty. When it comes to homework and other things, I am definitely one to leave things until the last minute, though I've usually figured out how to do a problem in my head, so that when it comes to putting it down on paper I know the rough line I need to take and how long it will take.

- Fe

I like to think visually, for example, seeing concepts represented in pictures in my head, or closing my eyes and seeing transforming sets of visuals - as a hypothetical example, I may see a bird fly around the sun, then cover it, and a face appear on the bird. I have a tendency to read into what people say in the sense of thinking of how what they say would make sense in a different context - however this may be due to paranoia.

- Ni

I naturally dwell a lot on the past, trying to figure out what I could have done differently in certain situations (though I see this as a negative trait which I am trying to counter). I tend to view the future in somewhat simplistic terms, seeing essentially a linearity with the past, as opposed to a breeding ground for new ideas and possibilities. For example I may tend to see my life in the future as the archetypal "job, house, wife" set up, giving time frames for when I would like to achieve what.

- Se

I am at the same time generous and stingy - I will give to others as though it makes no difference whether I have something or they, but I will tend to not spend much and spend cheaply where I can. When interacting with others, I try to be warm, laughing at others jokes, giving a look of concern where it is due, and trying to make sure things run smoothly (except when something is done in good humour).

- Ti

This is all I have for now. Ask questions to know more.

Conclusion: ENFJ

[MENTION=27162]Cloudpatrol[/MENTION] [MENTION=26997]CitizenErased[/MENTION] [MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION] [MENTION=26281]geedoenfj[/MENTION] [MENTION=25922]Blackout[/MENTION] [MENTION=23583]Yamato Nadeshiko[/MENTION] [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] [MENTION=23960]chado[/MENTION] [MENTION=19700]Anaximander[/MENTION]
[MENTION=22257]Floki[/MENTION] [MENTION=26919]EliaBlack[/MENTION] [MENTION=18736]reckful[/MENTION] [MENTION=26422]BeyondTheGrey[/MENTION]

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You sound a lot like me in post #7, but maybe that's just my 9 tendency to merge via empathy. Then again, I can read others' "type me" threads and barely identify. Sorry, that was absolutely no help.

IxTx and either 5, 6 or 9

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
You sound a lot like me but maybe that's just my 9 tendency to merge via empathy. Then again, I can read others' "type me" threads and barely identify. Sorry, that was absolutely no help.

IxTx and either 5, 6 or 9

Then, either you are ENFJ, or it's to do with how I've spent a lot of times talking to INTPs.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Then, either you are ENFJ, or it's to do with how I've spent a lot of times talking to INTPs.

You seem more Ti than Te. I'm no NFJ but I can see why you identify with Ni, what with having a fairly solid vision of where you see yourself in the future.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I would like to know my type. I have a good idea but am confused on some points.

I am very quiet, always getting comments as such, and can only really talk at length on particular subjects, or subject which require a certain kind of philosophical analysis. The subjects I am most drawn to are mathematics, philosophy, certain aspects of psychology. Science is ok, but I don't really like doing the experiments - I'm generally not a very hands on person, though I can be quite crafty. When it comes to homework and other things, I am definitely one to leave things until the last minute, though I've usually figured out how to do a problem in my head, so that when it comes to putting it down on paper I know the rough line I need to take and how long it will take.

I like to think visually, for example, seeing concepts represented in pictures in my head, or closing my eyes and seeing transforming sets of visuals - as a hypothetical example, I may see a bird fly around the sun, then cover it, and a face appear on the bird. I have a tendency to read into what people say in the sense of thinking of how what they say would make sense in a different context - however this may be due to paranoia.

we are the same person...

I naturally dwell a lot on the past, trying to figure out what I could have done differently in certain situations (though I see this as a negative trait which I am trying to counter). I tend to view the future in somewhat simplistic terms, seeing essentially a linearity with the past, as opposed to a breeding ground for new ideas and possibilities. For example I may tend to see my life in the future as the archetypal "job, house, wife" set up, giving time frames for when I would like to achieve what.

except for this part.

I am at the same time generous and stingy - I will give to others as though it makes no difference whether I have something or they, but I will tend to not spend much and spend cheaply where I can. When interacting with others, I try to be warm, laughing at others jokes, giving a look of concern where it is due, and trying to make sure things run smoothly (except when something is done in good humour).

This is all I have for now. Ask questions to know more.

we are the same person

i will think of something substantial to contribute later.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
You seem more Ti than Te. I'm no NFJ but I can see why you identify with Ni, what with having a fairly solid vision of where you see yourself in the future.

Do you think I could be ESFJ?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I don't know much about where I will be in the future, I am just eating my lunch. Today I am having 2 foods that I have had many times before and I have found them to be quite reasonably priced and nutritious and inline with my moral values. Today I have mixed things up by cooking both of these foods together at once in the same oven cooking. I thought this move was a bit risky, but it has paid off in the end. I think I will combine these 2 foods in the same dish in the future more often.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
we are the same person...

Yeah I don't remember ever making an account called Hawthorne, and if I was replying to myself in this thread then I think I would know about it, sorry bro.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
In all seriousness, what are your reasons for dismissing Ti ego?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
In all seriousness, what are your reasons for dismissing Ti ego?

What? I have to be... SERIOUS??? :shock:

Ok, welllll, I generally am not very logical. My head hurts going through deductive logic sort of stuff. Like, for example in mathematics, I am great at most of the stuff where I can visualise it, but for example in real analysis, I have a hard time because it requires a fair bit of precise logic.

I looked the Dario Nardi MBTI threads a few times, where it summarises his studies on the cognitive functions in different types, and I did not relate strongly to the descriptions of Ti or its associated regions. Interestingly, I did relate fairly well to the regions associated with extroverted thinking. This seems quite odd if I am an ENFJ.

Especially odd if I am an ENFJ, considering I seem to be able to mimick different types anyway. Ne dominants are good at mimicking others. I could be an Ne dominant. Maybe even an ENTP, hmm. Not so sure any more.

I could type myself differently based on different posts, I will have to go and look in the mirror to see what my facial features suggest or how my eyes look and who I can compare myself to because this would give clues as to what my true type is. That should work, I think.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
You know, honestly though I could just be ISFP.

I look kinda like a cross between Bob Dylan and Justin Timberlake.