• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What’s HIS type?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
His personality = The result.

They are meant to describe different aspects of a personality.

The MBTI describes the preferences for how someone thinks - whether they tend think about subject or object (I/E), concretely or abstractly (S/N), personally or impersonally (F/T), and towards or away from closure (J/P).

The Enneagram describes mental strategies we overuse in trying to protect ourselves from perceived threats. In short, 1s strive for moral perfection, 2s replace trying to meet their own needs with trying to meet others' needs, 3s try to get external affirmation, 4s create a sense of identity based on their feelings, 5s withdraw from the world and observe it, 6s try to thwart change and establish security, 7s distract themselves from pain with entertainment, 8s try to control their external environments, and 9s create internal peace while shutting themselves off from the external world.

The MBTI is more relevant in describing a person's general outlook and how they approach situations or problems. The Enneagram is more relevant in describing how a person tries to protect themself, and how they accidentally end up hurting themself. In my opinion, it is up to each individual to decide which system is more useful to them.

Certain MBTI types correlate with certain Enneatypes, and vice versa, but you cannot directly translate from one system to the other, since they describe different tendencies.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4

The MBTI describes the preferences for how someone thinks - whether they tend think about subject or object (I/E), concretely or abstractly (S/N), personally or impersonally (F/T), and towards or away from closure (J/P).

The Enneagram describes mental strategies we overuse in trying to protect ourselves from perceived threats. In short, 1s strive for moral perfection, 2s replace trying to meet their own needs with trying to meet others' needs, 3s try to get external affirmation, 4s create a sense of identity based on their feelings, 5s withdraw from the world and observe it, 6s try to thwart change and establish security, 7s distract themselves from pain with entertainment, 8s try to control their external environments, and 9s create internal peace while shutting themselves off from the external world.

The MBTI is more relevant in describing a person's general outlook and how they approach situations or problems. The Enneagram is more relevant in describing how a person tries to protect themself, and how they accidentally end up hurting themself. In my opinion, it is up to each individual to decide which system is more useful to them.

Certain MBTI types correlate with certain Enneatypes, and vice versa, but you cannot directly translate from one system to the other, since they describe different tendencies.

According to this.
He’s
E*FP

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
According to this.
He’s
E*FP

My guess, if the above is right and he is disinterested in online personality tests, would be ESFP. It's obviously a generalization, but typically NFPs are game for theroetical introspective things while SFPs generally would rather be doing something more tangibly enjoyable, interacting with the "real world". Generally.

Maybe ESFP 9w8...

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I must be a 1.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Well, you're an INTJ so he must be... ESFP. LOL

I thought the memory, the outgoingness, convincingness, idk

I don't see where INFP is coming from?

Why do you want to know his type?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I must be a 1.

I could see you as a 9w1, theoretically, but your overthinking seems extremely head triad. I could also see you as 6w7 instead of 7w6, but I've also seen you make good cases for your 7ness.

I think that there is just a lot of overlap. You are an empathetic and self-conscious young man who was raised in an extremely moral-focused household and community by a SJ parent. I'd be more surprised if you said you didn't relate with 1. Isn't that kind of the JW ideal?

But you lack the sort of focus, crisp clarity, assertiveness, and rigidity that is characteristic of 1s, and that even shows up a little in 9w1s from time to time. I think you exhibit a lot more similarity to the head triad types around the forum than the instinctual types.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I could see you as a 9w1, theoretically, but your overthinking seems extremely head triad. I could also see you as 6w7 instead of 7w6, but I've also seen you make good cases for your 7ness.

I think that there is just a lot of overlap. You are an empathetic and self-conscious young man who was raised in an extremely moral-focused household and community by a SJ parent. I'd be more surprised if you said you didn't relate with 1. Isn't that kind of the JW ideal?

But you lack the sort of focus, crisp clarity, assertiveness, and rigidity that is characteristic of 1s, and that even shows up a little in 9w1s from time to time. I think you exhibit a lot more similarity to the head triad types around the forum than the instinctual types.
I just got the talk from my mother again about how inconsiderate and lazy I am. I have all this criticism directed towards myself, but nobody ever sees it. I try my best to be moral and good, but I always fail. Forgetfulness is the same as moral deficiency. I sm very morally deficient. I am not critical enough of myself or else I wouldn't forget things. I must go punish myself, now. I left the garage door open when I left the house to run an errand for her and she says if I continue to be forgetful, she will kick me out. Perhaps I deserve more misery. Another dog died tonight.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I just got the talk from my mother again about how inconsiderate and lazy I am. I have all this criticism directed towards myself, but nobody ever sees it. I try my best to be moral and good, but I always fail. Forgetfulness is the same as moral deficiency. I sm very morally deficient. I am not critical enough of myself or else I wouldn't forget things. I must go punish myself, now. I left the garage door open when I left the house to run an errand for her and she says if I continue to be forgetful, she will kick me out. Perhaps I deserve more misery. Another dog died tonight.

Honestly? Your mom's being an overbearing ass. Maybe if she didn't overload you with criticizing everything you do so you get caught up in worrying about how awful you supposedly are, you'd have more focus to attend to the real world with.

In any case this is sort of OT so PM me if you want to talk.

Point holds that I think you have 1ish tendencies because of your environment, and [MENTION=22782]Mademoiselle[/MENTION] this is a good example of how MBTI and Enneagram can be a little complex to tease out because they overlap in some ways.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Honestly? Your mom's being an overbearing ass. Maybe if she didn't overload you with criticizing everything you do so you get caught up in worrying about how awful you supposedly are, you'd have more focus to attend to the real world with.

In any case this is sort of OT so PM me if you want to talk.

Point holds that I think you have 1ish tendencies because of your environment, and [MENTION=22782]Mademoiselle[/MENTION] this is a good example of how MBTI and Enneagram can be a little complex to tease out because they overlap in some ways.

Yes, I will PM you. When you said e1 is the JW ideal, you have no idea how right you are. The whole organization acts like an unhealthy wingless social 1.

boomslang

friendly and accessible
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This thread is some weird ass NiFe spookery. I'm creeped out.

Alea_iacta_est

I have not read this thread all of the way, but if you believe this person to truly be an "INFP" based on the Jungian Perspective (as well as your own type "INTJ"), then we would be witnessing beneficiary-benefactor relations in the superior type system (ILI - EII), which "a crush" would manifest much more likely from the EII (Jungian equivalent of FiNe) onto the ILI (Jungian equivalent of NiTe) due to the ILI's alluring use of Creative :Te:, the EII's Suggestive IM Element. "A crush" in beneficiary-benefactor relations would be strange to see from the benefactor (ILI) onto the beneficiary (EII), as the ILI would look upon the EII a good majority of the time as someone who wants something from them somewhat annoyingly and constantly :)Te:), someone who wants to awkwardly help their Mobilizing Element as an extra-quadra type :)Fi:), and someone who is mostly uninteresting to the ILI because the EII's vulnerable function :)Se:) is the ILI's suggestive function and source of stimulation, meaning that the ILI's Dual-Seeking element is a source of neuroticism and paranoia for the EII.

Then again, I don't really trust that you really care about the deeper implications of personality theory and are probably more content with the dichotomies.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have not read this thread all of the way, but if you believe this person to truly be an "INFP" based on the Jungian Perspective (as well as your own type "INTJ"), then we would be witnessing beneficiary-benefactor relations in the superior type system (ILI - EII), which "a crush" would manifest much more likely from the EII (Jungian equivalent of FiNe) onto the ILI (Jungian equivalent of NiTe) due to the ILI's alluring use of Creative :Te:, the EII's Suggestive IM Element. "A crush" in beneficiary-benefactor relations would be strange to see from the benefactor (ILI) onto the beneficiary (EII), as the ILI would look upon the EII a good majority of the time as someone who wants something from them somewhat annoyingly and constantly :)Te:), someone who wants to awkwardly help their Mobilizing Element as an extra-quadra type :)Fi:), and someone who is mostly uninteresting to the ILI because the EII's vulnerable function :)Se:) is the ILI's suggestive function and source of stimulation, meaning that the ILI's Dual-Seeking element is a source of neuroticism and paranoia for the EII.

Then again, I don't really trust that you really care about the deeper implications of personality theory and are probably more content with the dichotomies.

Yes, you are superior to everybody else here, particularly in the humility department. :O)

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4

Actually what matters for me, as a person who want to apply it in real life and doesn't intend to study it, is the practical side of it and not the theory.

There's nothing easier than learning a theory, but how it works and how you can use it is what I need to learn about it.

That's why I'm here asking you instead of doing research, I mean, when I ask you what's his type, it doesn't matter mbti or any other theory, what I want is a type with most accurate profile that I can use.

This is how far I need, thank you for helping me.

And sorry for the delay, I had to figure this out .