MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post
    His personality = The result.
    They are meant to describe different aspects of a personality.

The MBTI describes the preferences for how someone thinks - whether they tend think about subject or object (I/E), concretely or abstractly (S/N), personally or impersonally (F/T), and towards or away from closure (J/P).

The Enneagram describes mental strategies we overuse in trying to protect ourselves from perceived threats. In short, 1s strive for moral perfection, 2s replace trying to meet their own needs with trying to meet others' needs, 3s try to get external affirmation, 4s create a sense of identity based on their feelings, 5s withdraw from the world and observe it, 6s try to thwart change and establish security, 7s distract themselves from pain with entertainment, 8s try to control their external environments, and 9s create internal peace while shutting themselves off from the external world.

The MBTI is more relevant in describing a person's general outlook and how they approach situations or problems. The Enneagram is more relevant in describing how a person tries to protect themself, and how they accidentally end up hurting themself. In my opinion, it is up to each individual to decide which system is more useful to them.

Certain MBTI types correlate with certain Enneatypes, and vice versa, but you cannot directly translate from one system to the other, since they describe different tendencies.

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

The MBTI describes the preferences for how someone thinks - whether they tend think about subject or object (I/E), concretely or abstractly (S/N), personally or impersonally (F/T), and towards or away from closure (J/P).

The Enneagram describes mental strategies we overuse in trying to protect ourselves from perceived threats. In short, 1s strive for moral perfection, 2s replace trying to meet their own needs with trying to meet others' needs, 3s try to get external affirmation, 4s create a sense of identity based on their feelings, 5s withdraw from the world and observe it, 6s try to thwart change and establish security, 7s distract themselves from pain with entertainment, 8s try to control their external environments, and 9s create internal peace while shutting themselves off from the external world.

The MBTI is more relevant in describing a person's general outlook and how they approach situations or problems. The Enneagram is more relevant in describing how a person tries to protect themself, and how they accidentally end up hurting themself. In my opinion, it is up to each individual to decide which system is more useful to them.

Certain MBTI types correlate with certain Enneatypes, and vice versa, but you cannot directly translate from one system to the other, since they describe different tendencies.
    According to this.
    He’s
    E*FP
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post
    According to this.
    He’s
    E*FP
    My guess, if the above is right and he is disinterested in online personality tests, would be ESFP. It's obviously a generalization, but typically NFPs are game for theroetical introspective things while SFPs generally would rather be doing something more tangibly enjoyable, interacting with the "real world". Generally.

Maybe ESFP 9w8...

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

I must be a 1.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INFJ

Well, you're an INTJ so he must be... ESFP. LOL

I thought the memory, the outgoingness, convincingness, idk

I don't see where INFP is coming from?

Why do you want to know his type?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I must be a 1.
    I could see you as a 9w1, theoretically, but your overthinking seems extremely head triad. I could also see you as 6w7 instead of 7w6, but I've also seen you make good cases for your 7ness.

I think that there is just a lot of overlap. You are an empathetic and self-conscious young man who was raised in an extremely moral-focused household and community by a SJ parent. I'd be more surprised if you said you didn't relate with 1. Isn't that kind of the JW ideal?

But you lack the sort of focus, crisp clarity, assertiveness, and rigidity that is characteristic of 1s, and that even shows up a little in 9w1s from time to time. I think you exhibit a lot more similarity to the head triad types around the forum than the instinctual types.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

I could see you as a 9w1, theoretically, but your overthinking seems extremely head triad. I could also see you as 6w7 instead of 7w6, but I've also seen you make good cases for your 7ness.

I think that there is just a lot of overlap. You are an empathetic and self-conscious young man who was raised in an extremely moral-focused household and community by a SJ parent. I'd be more surprised if you said you didn't relate with 1. Isn't that kind of the JW ideal?

But you lack the sort of focus, crisp clarity, assertiveness, and rigidity that is characteristic of 1s, and that even shows up a little in 9w1s from time to time. I think you exhibit a lot more similarity to the head triad types around the forum than the instinctual types.
    I just got the talk from my mother again about how inconsiderate and lazy I am. I have all this criticism directed towards myself, but nobody ever sees it. I try my best to be moral and good, but I always fail. Forgetfulness is the same as moral deficiency. I sm very morally deficient. I am not critical enough of myself or else I wouldn't forget things. I must go punish myself, now. I left the garage door open when I left the house to run an errand for her and she says if I continue to be forgetful, she will kick me out. Perhaps I deserve more misery. Another dog died tonight.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I just got the talk from my mother again about how inconsiderate and lazy I am. I have all this criticism directed towards myself, but nobody ever sees it. I try my best to be moral and good, but I always fail. Forgetfulness is the same as moral deficiency. I sm very morally deficient. I am not critical enough of myself or else I wouldn't forget things. I must go punish myself, now. I left the garage door open when I left the house to run an errand for her and she says if I continue to be forgetful, she will kick me out. Perhaps I deserve more misery. Another dog died tonight.
    Honestly? Your mom's being an overbearing ass. Maybe if she didn't overload you with criticizing everything you do so you get caught up in worrying about how awful you supposedly are, you'd have more focus to attend to the real world with.

In any case this is sort of OT so PM me if you want to talk.

Point holds that I think you have 1ish tendencies because of your environment, and @Mademoiselle this is a good example of how MBTI and Enneagram can be a little complex to tease out because they overlap in some ways.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Honestly? Your mom's being an overbearing ass. Maybe if she didn't overload you with criticizing everything you do so you get caught up in worrying about how awful you supposedly are, you'd have more focus to attend to the real world with.

In any case this is sort of OT so PM me if you want to talk.

Point holds that I think you have 1ish tendencies because of your environment, and @Mademoiselle this is a good example of how MBTI and Enneagram can be a little complex to tease out because they overlap in some ways.
    Yes, I will PM you. When you said e1 is the JW ideal, you have no idea how right you are. The whole organization acts like an unhealthy wingless social 1.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

friendly and accessible boomslang's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

This thread is some weird ass NiFe spookery. I'm creeped out.
    Likes chickpea liked this post