User Tag List

12 Last

Default I think I'm an INFP...maybe?

So I have taken the test multiple times and always come out with INFP, so why am I questioning it? Because I over think things. Also because I was reading about the INFP and INFJ confusion and well, that confused me more. I tried reading some of the threads on here but they get so complex and in depth that I get confused. I'm not the smartest person around and I get very confused with all the fancy terminology and stuff. So I decided to post on here and use one of those question things from the sticky thread.

1-what makes you angry?
    Math, video games, technology that doesn't work right. Its takes a lot for a person to make me angry, but it is possible if the right buttons are pushed.

2-what do you like/dislike most about people?
    I'm not sure. I try to see the good in people and look at all angles of a persons situation before I judge them. People I don't like though are those who pretend to be someone they are not just to "fit in"

3-do you like animals? why?
    Yes. They are just amazing and beautiful.

4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life?
    They are caring and like me for who I am...I hope. I still fear that people judge me badly, even those I'm close to. BUT they like me for who I am, and I'm quite unique. Also they are always there for me.

5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself?
    Imagination, for both. I love it because it is so HUGE! My imagination just flows out all the time and helps me come up with amazing stories. I daydream A LOT. It's also a curse though because I tend to imagine certain situations and when they don't turn out the way I imagined I get upset. Example: I may imagine myself with a girl I like, her being nice and kind and wanting to be with me, our first date going great and us going out for a long time (long term relationship) and then the girl doesn't like me and I'm devastated because I almost believed my daydream to be true. It tends to get in the way a lot. Also I don't like how I'm so scared of social interaction.

6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?
    Not really, I want to impress, but I want to be comfortable mostly.

7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out?
    Neither, well fit in I guess. I like being unique and not "going with the flow" but too much attention makes me uncomfortable.

8-what activities do you enjoy?
    I'm a mix of outdoorsman and geek. I love nature. Hiking, camping, kayaking, fishing, and so on. I also like video games, scifi and fantasy movies books and tv shows. I like to just hang out with a small group of friends and just have coffee or a few drinks.

9-what makes you feel secure?
    Not sure what this is asking. What makes me feel safe? Retreating into my head I guess?? If I become very uncomfortable I will leave the situation mentally, start to day dream of being somewhere else. Escapism I guess, I write a lot of stories about escapism.

10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?
    Yes, but they scare me. Social interaction scares me because I'm afraid of being judged. if I'm fully comfortable then I do like a relationship...it is very deep for me.

11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...
    I love nature...a lot. It's so quiet and peaceful, not to mention beautiful.

12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?
    I worry a lot about different things if that counts. I believe I have anxiety issues which might be separate from personality. I day dream a lot too. I aslo think about my values and things I believe strongly in.

13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?
    I'm a bit more outgoing than i used to be. I was a closed shell as a child. I'm more open now but still very cautious. I understand my myself a little more i guess...besides not knowing who I am That is, but I can recognize certain feelings and how to overcome them. I'm still hyper and goofy at times, yet very relaxed at other times. I feel mature but yet immature at the same time.

Anyway I guess I just want human input on my type, just to make sure it is INFP. Hope you can figure it out. Thanks.

an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Where do you get your reference for your sense of "right" and "wrong", "good" and "bad"?

Do people, I mean the ones you are close to, find you intense and engaging one day then apathetic and distant the next, for time and time again? Or do they find you generally reserved, shy but intense and your expressions are consistent over time?

Do you have any passion/ interest that for it you might lose discipline, structure and standard routine pursuing?

How often do you feel overwhelmed by your own emotions? And how bad are we talking about?

Do you think carefully and consider pros and cons before taking an action? Or would you rather jump into the shark pool and learn through interaction?

And btw, welcome you!
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |

My sense of right and wrong...i don't know its just a feeling I guess. I can just tell if something feels right or not.

Id say I'm intense and engaging one day and apathetic the next...but I'm not sure, that's a tough question.

If you mean do I break the rules and do anything for my passion...then I'd say yes.

I feel overwhelmed a lot...its like i can't get away from my feelings sometimes. It must show too because my friends tell me I'm as easy to read as a children's book. They always know what I'm feeling because no matter how hard i try to hide my feelings, i can't control them and they come through.

I always think before i act. I never make a move without looking at every possible outcome first. Make decision making a very slow process for me.

Thanks!

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by SirMathias007 View Post
    So I have taken the test multiple times and always come out with INFP, so why am I questioning it? Because I over think things. Also because I was reading about the INFP and INFJ confusion and well, that confused me more. I tried reading some of the threads on here but they get so complex and in depth that I get confused. I'm not the smartest person around and I get very confused with all the fancy terminology and stuff. So I decided to post on here and use one of those question things from the sticky thread.

1-what makes you angry?
    Math, video games, technology that doesn't work right. Its takes a lot for a person to make me angry, but it is possible if the right buttons are pushed.
    Knowing what about people pushes your buttons would be far more important than everything else you said there.

2-what do you like/dislike most about people?
    I'm not sure. I try to see the good in people and look at all angles of a persons situation before I judge them. People I don't like though are those who pretend to be someone they are not just to "fit in"
    You like authenticity in people and dislike inauthenticity. So perhaps that answers my question above partly. INTP is not the authenticity type.

3-do you like animals? why?
    Yes. They are just amazing and beautiful.
    That's rather vague, but at least it points vaguely in a certain direction of type.

4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life?
    They are caring and like me for who I am...I hope. I still fear that people judge me badly, even those I'm close to. BUT they like me for who I am, and I'm quite unique. Also they are always there for me.
    In terms of INTP vs. INFP, that is far more INFP.

5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself?
    Imagination, for both. I love it because it is so HUGE! My imagination just flows out all the time and helps me come up with amazing stories. I daydream A LOT. It's also a curse though because I tend to imagine certain situations and when they don't turn out the way I imagined I get upset. Example: I may imagine myself with a girl I like, her being nice and kind and wanting to be with me, our first date going great and us going out for a long time (long term relationship) and then the girl doesn't like me and I'm devastated because I almost believed my daydream to be true. It tends to get in the way a lot. Also I don't like how I'm so scared of social interaction.
    That would be more INFP than INFJ.

6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?
    Not really, I want to impress, but I want to be comfortable mostly.
    In terms of INTP vs. INFP, that is more of an INFP trait.

7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out?
    Neither, well fit in I guess. I like being unique and not "going with the flow" but too much attention makes me uncomfortable.
    An INFP is more likely apt to say that.

8-what activities do you enjoy?
    I'm a mix of outdoorsman and geek. I love nature. Hiking, camping, kayaking, fishing, and so on. I also like video games, scifi and fantasy movies books and tv shows. I like to just hang out with a small group of friends and just have coffee or a few drinks.
    That's more INFP than INTP.

9-what makes you feel secure?
    Not sure what this is asking. What makes me feel safe? Retreating into my head I guess?? If I become very uncomfortable I will leave the situation mentally, start to day dream of being somewhere else. Escapism I guess, I write a lot of stories about escapism.
    INFP.

10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?
    Yes, but they scare me. Social interaction scares me because I'm afraid of being judged. if I'm fully comfortable then I do like a relationship...it is very deep for me.
    In a way that could be INFP or INFJ, but the fear of being judged is INFP.

11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...
    I love nature...a lot. It's so quiet and peaceful, not to mention beautiful.
    INFP.

12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?
    I worry a lot about different things if that counts. I believe I have anxiety issues which might be separate from personality. I day dream a lot too. I aslo think about my values and things I believe strongly in.
    INFP!

13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?
    I'm a bit more outgoing than i used to be. I was a closed shell as a child. I'm more open now but still very cautious. I understand my myself a little more i guess...besides not knowing who I am That is, but I can recognize certain feelings and how to overcome them. I'm still hyper and goofy at times, yet very relaxed at other times. I feel mature but yet immature at the same time.

Anyway I guess I just want human input on my type, just to make sure it is INFP. Hope you can figure it out. Thanks.
    INFP
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Do you ever act on impulse? Are you very spontaneous in any way?

I know I can be vague...hard to explain my thoughts sometimes. I'm good with metaphors though :P I do like how you broke that down Mal...it helps.

Answer to other question: I rarely act on impulse, always think first. I can be spontaneous and random, I'll get bored and be spontaneous...I get bored a lot.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

Hilariously INFP!

Too much INFP not to be, and that's twice I've typed an INFP today. (See Emily Blunt Thread)
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

"Don't let what matters least, matter most."

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

I've met a true INFJ who fits almost every single description you made, so I'm having a hard time here pinpointing whether you are an INFJ or INFP.
    My bet is also on INFP. If you find yourself saying, or thinking, "this doesn't make any sense" more often than "this doesn't make any sense, but makes perfect sense in my world" than you are leaning towards INFJ.

Remember, INFJ and INFP both enjoy the wild rides on imagination and fantasy. Both can think carefully before making an important decision. Both can be aloof, detached and vague. But INFJs wake up from dreams and fantasy and separate them with reality, while INFPs may let them become ideals and get crushed when the line between 2 realms are clearly defined. INFJs work towards their dreams. INFPs work towards their fantasies, and it's more fortunate for the INFPs with a bit more "achievable" fantasies. But once INFPs reach their goals, they question where they stand, what they really want once again.

Many INFJs live under the INFP disguise at times for a change, many INFPs appear like something else in various scenarios, especially enneagram type 4, trying many different identities on for size.

Your enneagram is important to find out as well.

I know I'm type 4...at least on most test I've taken.

MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

I know I'm type 4...at least on most test I've taken.
    If you are truly type 4, I can only dare to bet that you are INFx, which brings you back to your initial confusion...