First three words of caution:
(1) Sorry if this is too long, I already tried to cut out what could be cut out
(2) I am actually pulling an all nighter on this so if something is stated wrong, repeated or mistake ridden, please ignore it and contact me if there is something that needs clarification
(3) I am terrible at "social intercourse" and common sense, so please, I strongly ask of you to tell me anything I am doing wrong.
I am someone who is obsessed...err...fascinated by MBTI (studied it for 2 years) and has taken everything from free online tests, to official stuff from various colleges I attended, to the fully priced $165 dolor real deal with a "free" consultation session and career report. My very first typing came from the Kersey Temperament sorter, as I got ISTJ, now one thing led to another (and another hundred things) and now I "am" an ENTP. I swear I was even typed F at some point. I actually went to the Personality Café a year ago (where unsurprisingly everyone had different theories and ideas about me) but we agreed on INTP (although the poll did end up highest for INTJ) Now I am not exactly sure anymore.
Anyway, that's enough about me, what about...me. I know some of these observations span more than one dichotomy, but I am trying to keep it simple. (in that I mean this will not take more than 30 years of your time, feel free to skip to what is more relevant for you to type me) I like to write. (I also try to make sure that I do not get blasted, so please let me know if there is a post size limit, for future reference as I am too lazy to read the rules deeply)
Extroversion vs Introversion - (strangely enough my official MBTI test gave me 15/30 points for Introversion, the feedback coach typed me as an Extrovert)
(1) I Like to be emerged in activities and am "novelty seeking" (Promethease's words not mine, in other words its more than a trait, its my genes)
(2) I do not like to read (I usually try to figure everything out on my own)
(3) I initially appear calm and reserved, but am quick to anger. (usually when someone is in my way in one way or another)
(4) I am only interested in people from an analytical standpoint.
(5) Small talk and theorizing are both interesting to me (to a point)
(6) I am very impatient and look like I need anger management (although, much to other people's surprises, I tend to be cool when they expect me to burst)
(7) I am very reflective, I am the center in all my activities (nope, I'm not a narcissist, but yes I'm an egomaniac)
(8) Can't focus on anything, the more an activity displeases me, the more likely I will drop working on it. (weirdly, this has never been a problem for me at work)
(9) I talk very fast (I put Steve Woodmore to shame) however, I get very drained after speaking 3 hours nonstop
(10) I do not contribute (verbally) in groups, or talk to people at all. Unless I have power, or know that my voice and my expertise will not be ignored
Intuition vs Sensing - (MBTI test got me at 2/30 in favor of intuition)
(1) Fantasizing is the best thing since shrooms (I don't know about you guys, but I can't tell the difference)
(2) I really don't like lectures and discussions about theory. (I'm one sided and prefer to learn on my own, although I am not against using a soundboard)
(3) I always seek the truth and proof, (sometimes mixing the two up)
(4) I dislike authority (except if I am in charge, or if the boss is a flake)
(5) I can't think of new ideas when I want to; and yet, tend to jump all over the place in my head when I have to focus
(6) I am future oriented (this ties in with point 1)
(7) Not very curious and I like to BS (although many find my insights to be rather truthful...)
(8) I don't like change (although my actions do seem to cause a lot of change around me)
(9) My genes report that I have a GG Genotype for intelligence (yea, I find that hard to believe, but hey what do I know, all hail DNA)
(10) Furthermore, the lords of the codes (and my parental units) have bestowed upon my the power of an enlarged Hippocampus
Thinking vs Feeling (I got a 9/30 on the Thinking side of things)
(1) I am an ungrateful, inconsiderate, cold hearted demon (all things I gladly take in as compliments, and yes I have been called these things)
(2) I love animals, especially cats (coughcatgentlemancough) not so much people (although did have some pleasurable meetings with people)
(3) Depends on my mood, I am either very formal and impersonal (bad mood) or I can be very approachable (good mood (constitutes about 1% of the time))
(4) My allies get my soft side, I am playful, friendly and easygoing, I look out for them. My enemies get a more Machiavellian me.
(5) I am not logical, but I am very rational
(6) Most of my decisions are based on circumstances, but I am very swift in the decision making process and I automatically factor in circumstances.
(7) I express my emotions freely (If I don't than I really feel nothing at that point, which is rare though)
(8) I see myself as very reasonable
(9) I am very sensitive to criticism (unless its work related, which is fine if there is a decent argument involved)
(10) The gene gods have given me the power of insensibility (unicorns, rainbows, and puppies have no effect on me...now as for those cats...)
Judging vs Perceiving (6/30 on perception island)
(1) I usually begin with a carefully crafted plan (which falls apart during implementation, so I see planning as a hobby, rather than something that is useful)
(2) Power...me...like...(drools on the floor)
(3) I tend to be somewhat of a parody of a stereotypical dictator (I like bossing people, but I also like style...the two go so well together, just see my minions on tutu day)
(4) I am very facetious, eccentric, and unconventional
(5) Sameness bores me (now that I think about it new things bore me too)
(6) I like responsibility...and feeling special (not that I see any distinction between the two
(7) I like positive surprises (the opposite is true for negative surprises
(8) I am very bad with timing.
(9) I have very good reaction time (I can beat the wheel of fortune without even trying)
(10) I have a very childish character (can't say the same thing about appearance
Si - I have a weird memory system, where I can never remember specific things, only the important stuff
Se - I fail to notice things and my coordination is improving but still requires some practice
Ni - The epiphany part happens to me at times (usually when its too late)
Ne - I do bounce around a lot (yet I have to add that everything I say relates to the topic discussed)
Ti - most of my family has this in their stack which contradicts a lot about me (Ti users strike me as more careful and thoughtful. I am more impulsive)
Te - I like to organize my environment (not my room though)
Fi - I feel like I have this function (does not go so well with ENTP but...) to me my values, feelings, and ideals are ruled by the triumvirate me, myself, and I
Fe - Also major in my family (virtually everyone in my family is a Feeling type, I even have two INFJs) not me though. I am a cultural revolutionary.
Top 50 facts about me (hey its the condensed version, the original had about a googolplex statements (give or take a million points))
(1) I am a Libertarian, a Deist, a Hobbesian and an Anarchist (I barely know much about them)
(2) My favorite philosopher is Plato
(3) Some TV characters that remind me of myself include House (House M.D.) Crowley (Supernatural) Rafael Barba (Law and Order SVU)
(4) I am ignorant of popular culture
(5) I am attracted to Psychology, Psychometrics, and Piracy
(6) I am probably going to switch colleges more than 2 times before I get a bachelor degree
(7) At one point I had 50 people who worked for me (best year of my high school life) lets just say many thought that we were the answer to the principal's "dissenter" problem and in many ways we were.
(8) I like Videogame Soundtracks and I have an ability to memorize every beat.
(9) I like horror movies
(10) I like to wear suits (even when the alarm goes of in Pompeii) mostly because of self esteem issues
(11) The Big 5 tells me I am virtually 100% neurotic and 0% agreeable and the rest is in between.
(12) I had about 100 new venture ideas that I scrapped due to the inability to actually implement them
(13) Very, very big on puns, slogans, and humor (anything from slapstick to intellectual)
(14) I am a night owl charged by Red Bull (I am writing this when in two hours the world awakens...then I must return to my crypt for the night)
(15) my face looks like that of a Persian cat (stereotypical INTJ death stare like) meaning eyebrows drooping, ancient half open eyes and a nasty sneer.
(16) I am very clumsy
(17) I have very high standards (personal standards are usually higher than those meant for others)
(18) I look very old and I very much use it to my advantage (I look like a 68 year old college professor more so than a 18 year old college student)
(19) I like to look at the consequences before engaging in something
(20) Everything I write ends up being all too long
(21) I am a terrible listener and I enjoy being a presenter
(22) I have never been in a love relationship nor am I interested
(23) I have an obsessive and compulsive nature (I have been writing this post from 12am to 6am EST, nonstop)
(24) I can be very disrespectful, that is why I tend to have disclaimer notes on speed dial
(25) I like to buy new cool toys (tech stuff mostly, but marshmallow and potato guns count)
(26) I like to consider other people's ideas and opinions but can be standoffish and issue ultimatums
(27) My heroes (other than myself) include Napoleon Bonaparte, Thomas Jefferson, and
(28) I play videogames for the same reason I watch movies (to emerge myself in the story, akin to reading books)
(29) I am a Conventionalist via Strong Interest Inventory
(30) I get bored easily and feel imprisoned when I am traveling or am tired
(31) I can fix technological things usually without instructions, I am a good trouble shooter.
(32) I can easily tell someone's MBTI type accurately after speaking briefly with them
(33) Controversy does not affect me
(34) I am oblivious in regards to current events and politics and am neither a Democrat nor Republican.
(35-50) My experience with getting along with different types are as follows:
-ISTJ = I very much respect them, they work very hard (the ones I know) I had an ISTJ friend and he was very intrigued by my approach to life. A very focused and smart guy (he is an engineer who wants to form a fracking gang) Another ISTJ I knew was a well respected lawyer doomed to a life of running a middle school academic camp (he still took this fall from grace well and marched on) again I find ISTJ to be amazing role models although I bit set in their ways but not unreasonable.
-ESTJ = I really don't get along with most of them (I actually engaged in a shouting match with a number of them, some of them were my superiors even) I did get along with one ESTJ administrator who ironically gave me autonomy to run my committee (under her) in my own way provided I provide adequate results. Other than that
-ISFJ = my mentor in high school was an ISFJ, she saved me from the streets (I am being figurative) and was my go to person when the world felt overbearing for me. I had another ISFJ as an employer and she was very appreciative of my efforts.
-ESFJ = never ran into those guys, heard they like to run criminal syndicates (just kidding)
-ISTP = my female parental unit is one of them, she is a little too action oriented, which annoys me, but she knows when to stay back.
-ESTP = I met two very smart ESTP one who was my role model in high school, he was a typical mafia guy, slick hair, tux, tough slang talk. (He also shares a habit that I have and that is pacing when talking) and the stories, oh dear Jefferson, if only high school was like that forever, I also had a ESTP boss who liked to organize fun things all the time (and interrupt everyone's thinking process) generic ESTP encounters were not as favorable, I actually had a nasty run in with one of them on the street today, it ended with me ordering him out of my sight (I very, very rarely loose my cool outside my home)
-ISFP = my female grandparent is one. I like them in a sense that they make good yes people and are probably one of the few types that can calm me down.
-ESFP = Never met any. I wish though, oh the things we can accomplish.
-INTJ = mixed bag, my college advisor was one and he was my greatest asset and resource, very knowledgeable, open, and friendly. He also enjoyed my jokes (he laughed so hard at times that he had to cover his now puffing red face). I also have ran into some of the more TJ heavy ones as teachers (who for some reason respected me unconditionally which made me very suspicious) there was also a very jealous Enneagram 3 INTJ who butted heads with me because she always tried hard to succeed and I always got in front of her (unintentionally, I just get lucky sometimes) and she really took it personally)
-ENTJ = Ah my playthings (I had an ENTJ who was my second in command who was charismatic, powerful, and well respected in my high school, he had many positions and was known through, a little known fact about him was that I used him to vent my frustrations, and many of his friends usually had to speak to me on his behalf because they said he was intimidated by me (wait ENTJ's intimidated???))
-INTP = I have the best conversations with them, they love to ask questions, I like to answer questions, the perfect connection.
-ENTP = I very much envy them, I had a good ENTP friend and he was just perfect (he had his issues though) but I really wanted to be just like him (seems I somewhat succeeded) He was ingenuous, quick, and clever, and also the school pariah but I always had his back.
-INFJ = my successor was an INFJ and so was a good friend of mine. And so are two family members, and so are several therapists I burned through and some bosses (for the rarest type, they sure magnetize to me a lot, I don't think I met any other time as often as I met these guys and gals)
-ENFJ = see ESFJ but think "Russian" mafia
-INFP = by looking on the inside I tend to be a lot like them, but for some reason many of them try to sneak past me on the street.
-ENFP = Just like the ESFP I did not get much of opportunity to meet a lot of them.