• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Many have failed to type me, will you be the one to succeed?

Your Verdict for my MBTI type

• ISTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISTP

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • ISFJ

• ISFP

• INTJ

• INTP

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • INFJ

• INFP

• ESTJ

• ESTP

• ESFJ

• ESFP

• ENTJ

• ENTP

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • ENFJ

• ENFP

• Total voters

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He said his is average :shrug:
He brought it up in defense that he doesn't have it. But I have the vibe from his some thousands words of posts in total.
Anyway, I'm mentioning all this not to point finger, just to suggest that maybe he needs some help.

"fake IQ tests in the 120-130 range, I project the real thing in the 110-120 range" = above average IQ.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was actually looking into Robert California a few hours ago, and he strikes me as a boss I would enjoy working under, but he does not resemble me (he strikes me as very intelligent and sophisticated on the outside, but has a simple inner world) If anyone watches Supernatural then Crowley is a close resemblance to me (from his simple way to explaining complex things, to his tripolar (I like making up words) nature (from being easygoing and mischievous to lashing out and being strict to being calm and analytical)) I heard Crowley is either an INTJ or ENTP and these are among the top four scores I get.

funny thing is, I took a very complex test:

The MBTI Reading test

My top four highest scores were ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ (all visionaries) and the lowest were ISTJ, ISFJ, ESFJ, ESTJ (all traditionalists)

Looking at this from a temperament perspective I seem to be NT>SP>NF>SJ

A few more notes from my googolplex facts about me list:

(1) I do not like superficiality but I love to be superficial myself (It is a means to an end)
(2) I am of average intelligence (fake IQ tests in the 120-130 range, I project the real thing in the 110-120 range)
(3) Speaking of Projection, I am guilty of psychological projection in order to survive in my society (deep inside I am very sensitive and held back)
(4) I am very blunt and not manipulative, although I do omit facts for practical purposes, but it is hard and I find myself completely incapable of consciously lying
(5) Paperwork, procedure, and step by step programs irritate me, I usually let my subordinates...err family members do that for me unless it is something that I deem important to me (ie, I find a very interesting job, paperwork and procedure does not slow me down)
(6) I like to figure things out on my own, no manuals, no advice, and would rather fail than follow suggestions (personal and recreational stuff only, I welcome suggestions at work)

Also this is a little off topic but are there any tests online (free or otherwise) that are open ended where one completes a comprehensive questionnaire in short answer form (short answer form...hehehe) and an interpreter then makes a selection that best fits? I like Personality Café and Typology Central because they are the closest I came across (I am very skeptical of close ended personality tests, even the real thing)

A few more questions that I cannot answer:
(1) What does my writing style say about my MBTI? (Which MBTI writes the most)
(2) What is the most closet paranoid type? (I am very paranoid but am also very self aware, my paranoia manifests in uncomfortable physical feeling)
(3) Which type is so engrossed in fantasy that they try to bring the latter into the former, no matter how absurd? (no I'm not talking about uniting the two (that would be Schizophrenia) I am talking about building a one way speedway from fantasyland to realityvile)

List-making is more of an SJ occupation. NTP is most prone to paranoia. Want to bring absurd fantasy into realityville, ENTP.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Dear [MENTION=22835]Doctor Business[/MENTION].

You've obsessed over your own self for so long that you've muddied the waters. At this point, it's step away from this entirely for a couple years, then take the test or read each and every description and pick the one that fits. Yes, read. It won't kill you. Ns supposedly love it. I never met or even heard of a NT who didn't.

If you truly feel reading isn't a way to learn, and that only figuring it out yourself works (which this thread begs to differ) then you have other issues. Reading is a huge part of learning. Learning is required for knowledge. You need knowledge.

You'd have known all of this already if you read more.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
I see MBTI as a personality test that speaks about ones natural aptitude, so it is important for me to know what I am capable of.

Your capabilities are not determined by your type, nor do they determine your type. As there are only 16 function orders offered by the MBTI you are unlikely to fit one archetype perfectly. A more fruitful endeavor might be determining which cognitive functions you employ successfully and focusing on tasks that demand them.

Doctor Business

MBTI Type
IxTx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
@all - I know I am going overboard with text here, but my new strategy will be to reference who I am speaking to (those interested in reading will read all, those who are not, will read the parts relevant to them, either way pick your chariot)

@all - ESTP is a possibility...and so is ENTP...and so are the other 14 types...so fellas should I just transcribe myself a unicorn for a Daemon and settle for the MBTI type XXXX. All in all who needs shrooms when you can be insane, what can I say, I love to get high on my own juices.
[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION] - I'm actually a certified Sith Lord...who apparently deviously plagiarized this joke from Epic Rap Battles of History. Furthermore, I am very much an open book (I know an ESTP who described himself like that) so if I do have Narcissism I would confess it if I was absolutely sure (I actually read a bit about it). If anything my medical condition could potentially be Doege-Potter Syndrome...except that I have high blood sugar and I never fainted in my life.
[MENTION=22039]Arctic Hysteria[/MENTION] - Who is to judge what true perfection and innocence is? Humanity is flawed. Hobbes sums it all up pretty well, the only thing keeping us cute and cuddly is rules and society, although I do believe there is a genuine minority among us that is truly altruistic and kind, but most of us act the part (to a certain degree) in order to be loved (nice Crowley pun) and to fit in society. Society changes but human nature will always be stuck in limbo, we just adapt, which is also part of human nature. True I popped out of the womb a little too late (or early, perhaps technology will still aid the next generation's monsters). Now with all of my BS aside, ask yourself: what is so bad about rebelling against norms? they will change, if not by me, then by someone else. I have been a teacher's pet in Middle and High School and I know someone who had ADHD, he had higher grades than me but he was always called out by teachers for never sitting still and always talking (he was a genius and I fell in love with him...in a way that in no way resembles romance...more so a respect for his eccentricity and intelligence...fine I was jealous). I was the quiet kid, never spoke at work, mocking humanity in the present moment from the recesses of my mind (when I was high on power, I never shut up myself, unless there was a teacher in the room...). I will agree to Megalomania and Egomania, the two conditions none of those doctors believe exist. Oh and I hate mirrors, the daytime and...garlic. So Renfield Syndrome it is...minus the blood part...unless downing Folic Acid as per my multivitamins counts. On a serious note though. I just don't like people very much (there are exceptions) I really love animals and enjoy nature (especially when there are no people around) I just find my overall experience with people more or less...unpleasant. And most therapists I met are NF types (the first one I had was an SP type and he was amazing, I stuck with him for about three years until my insurance broke us up)
[MENTION=11416]dig[/MENTION]estthissickness - You make a good point. I have been advised this and as much as I agree, my obsession will not go away. I used to read a lot of horror and fantasy books in my youth, which was when videogames were just dots on a screen (AVGN will attest to this). Now I see books as a resource, I shift through 2-3 books almost simultaneously looking for answers, which I find more important than reading books for pleasure, at least for me, pleasure is trying out something new. So, I'm not really against yoga or therapy, just against the people who, once I get to my station, smile and ask me "how are you" (I mean really, if I come for help, I'm obviously in pain, or some abstract version of it, happy people only make me look deeper into my own misery, so I try to avoid happiness for that I do not need to accept my unhappiness)
[MENTION=20757]Opalescence[/MENTION] - The function centered approach was my previous approach, what I found out was:
(1) It usually requires me to focus on something else (pretty hard to do for me by the way) but I will always think of an answer, or a hypothesis for that matter, just never when I need it most. (maybe tertiary-inferior Ni-Te or dominant-auxiliary Te-Ni (more so the latter because I act first...and then the answer slowly oozes down to my frontal cortex from all parts unknown))
(2) I am good at organizing others and things, and even myself in the work place. But never at home or my personal life. (I have no idea what that means other than a tug of war between the dichotomy of J and P)
(3) I am a terrible manipulator and am even worse at sweet-talking (although, some people like my company, emphasis on some, Fe dismissed, and so is Se (Se notices the environment and would mostly likely (especially a T type) try to at least dial down the boiling aspect of a social engagement in a way that benefits them (I can't do that even if I was dumped in the center of the ring of fire in the center of the Pacific ocean…except when I refer to ocean, I mean an ocean that is boiled to (100 + 0.5 *1.35 ***tillion) Celsius)))

@all - The front runners seems to be Ne and/or Te and the dark horse seems to be Fi...(yes Fi focuses on ones own values, rather than those of others, an extreme Fi dominance would surly mimic the symptom of narcissism as would extreme pulls to any function or dichotomy. The question now seems to be what could be indicated about someone who is too balanced in each dichotomy, I would hypothesize that it would lead to confusion, and confusion breeds insanity)

@all - In conclusion, I would like to add that I do not believe in absolutism nor do I believe in absolution, if that means anything...other than my apparent preference for TP (which seems to be the current prevailing point of view here)

Just my 2 (quadrillion) cents (no wonder I'm broke)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@all - In conclusion, I would like to add that I do not believe in absolutism nor do I believe in absolution, if that means anything...other than my apparent preference for TP (which seems to be the current prevailing point of view here)

Just my 2 (quadrillion) cents (no wonder I'm broke)

I'm happy to see you've talked yourself down from XXXX to XXTP. Apparently.

"I do not believe in absolutism nor do I believe in absolution." You're free-playing with concepts here, an ENTP trait.

Fiend

Permabanned
MBTI Type
.).)
Enneagram
N/A
Not a narcissist, you say? Alright, but your post isn't exactly humble.

You're probably hard to type/confused about your type because:

a) You don't seem to know a lot about the functions.
b) You strike me as very unbalanced/unhealthy.

This feels more like a cry for attention than a sincere request. I'm sorry, but it had to be said.

/2 cents

Mean! Maybe you're mistaking thoroughness for narcissism?

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A very brief comment : I don't remember so many type 4 to be ENTP. Seems rather very very rare.
So if you define yourself as a 4w5...

Doctor Business

MBTI Type
IxTx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Not really sure about Enneagram. I usually either get 4w5, 4w3, 6w5, 6w7, or 8w7. So, any insights into my enneagram will be most appreciated. I did not really go too much overboard with the Enneagram...for some reason MBTI stuck around with me a little longer (understatement) than the enneagram.

Wow, that was short.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=22835]Doctor Business[/MENTION]. You're speaking to an INFP e4 here mate, so no need to start an essay on fitting in vs. rebelling against the norms with me, because I sure do know all about that all too well. I've always been a piece of puzzle that never fits, unconventional, a quiet rebel who have to be different and constantly stimulated to survive. Conformists disgust me. Yet I can't vote for seeing oneself unempathetic, unapologetic, cold, evil and thirsty for power, AND taking pride in that.
You can be different, rebellious, eccentric, creative, innovative, etc. all you want, but lacking of empathy, desiring power, angry and unpredictable - that concoction makes one sociopath if one doesn't receive help to channel all that energy and clear out all that confusion.

Personally I don't think you are exactly the way you described yourself in terms of negative traits, because if you're at all truly 4w5 like you put on your profile, focusing on your "defects" and making them your identity over time could be what I'm seeing. One question I also want to ask is how old you are.
You certainly are having a lot of energy, you desire a lot of attention to yourself and you are ambitious. Apparently you possess great amount of knowledge. But all this knowledge is just going to be a plethora of tools. I say, you will never be able to pinpoint your type until you find your core first.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A very brief comment : I don't remember so many type 4 to be ENTP. Seems rather very very rare.
So if you define yourself as a 4w5...

I knew 4w5 was a bullshit call a long time ago. But then your own enneagram tritype is listed as 758, which is impossible.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I knew 4w5 was a bullshit call a long time ago. But then your own enneagram tritype is listed as 758, which is impossible.

That's maybe because I prefer people to guess than to put myself into a square box...

875 is not impossible.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not really sure about Enneagram. I usually either get 4w5, 4w3, 6w5, 6w7, or 8w7. So, any insights into my enneagram will be most appreciated. I did not really go too much overboard with the Enneagram...for some reason MBTI stuck around with me a little longer (understatement) than the Enneagram.

Wow, that was short.

I care nothing for MBTI but have had a similar (dare I say?) obsession with the Enneagram. After reading through your OP, my opinion is that you are not 4w5 at all. My first guess would be 3 with all your mention of needing to succeed, not knowing who you are, trying on different identities, etc. Even your sentiment about loving both power and style! That's pretty 3ish. Perhaps 3w4, you did mention minions after all.

3's sacrifice their "heart's desire" early in life to become whatever it is their culture deems worthy. They have an internal belief that they are worthless, and that in order to obtain acceptance and love, they must do whatever it takes to succeed-- or as some texts put it, "to win". 3's often struggle to accurately type because they are such chameleons, used to altering themselves to be whatever they must to achieve their goals. Because of this, they often loose touch with who they really are, thus the struggle to accurately type.

Here's the Enneagram Institute's outline of 3. In addition to reading it (it's not very long), I'd check out the middle to bottom of the health chart (as I agree that you seem a bit unhealthy emotionally).

I thought for a long time that my Dad was 8w7 with a 3 fix (he would never actually take the test) but it turns out he's actually a 3w4 with an 8 fix. You sort of remind me of him.

Doctor Business

MBTI Type
IxTx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
@all just another disclaimer, I know many of you would say to me to stop writing so much, in reality, writing helps me think, and I figure that my thought process would be a better way truly type me. Or maybe I should just log in more often, or start a blog. I will probably do the latter as soon as we figure out my type. Anyway, if you thought you saw it all "feast your eyes on...this" -Glitch Gremlin
[MENTION=22874]Fiend[/MENTION] - Thoroughness is an indicator of an SJ type. However, I agree that narcissism is a stretch as well. I would describe my writing process as opening a can of worms and watching them go, its looking for a reaction, rather than careful coordination. What that means is I write what I think, rather than think what I write. Usually what I write either amuses me or provides me with some hidden inspirations and ideas. In other words writing is the best way for my unconscious to express itself for my consciousness to decide and take action.
[MENTION=22064]ExNinjaTropPervertie[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION] - Looks like you may both be correct about me not being 4w5 (through assuming and claiming respectively)...Enneagram is about desires (my interpretation of it) so if I desire power above all else that would make me an 8, and given that I am very much a disappointment at bomb diffusing, I will go with 7 as my wing using process of elimination.
[MENTION=22039]Arctic Hysteria[/MENTION] - I am 19 right now. From your explanation we may have N and P in common, but differ in the E vs I and T vs F department. I never fit anywhere, but my uniqueness helped me stand out. Initially quiet, I pretended to conform to the norms of my school's honor society by working in their offices as an extracurricular activity, it was there where I gained the information about the school and its needs. Through hard work and pretending to be someone who I am not, (and a tad sprinkling of luck) I was promoted to lead a committee in the organization. After making nice with the school administrators (ST types) I then knew I had all my chess pieces lined up and with a bit of luck on my side I proceeded to change these so called norms, taking advantage of my position I purposefully empowered my committee while politically weakening the other committees present, until I was a virtually a dictator (some oiling of the administrators was necessary along the way). Now I am very sure you would expect someone of my position to also shift all resources to myself. Against all my natural instincts, I empowered the entire organization and school with a very efficient allocation of resources. My only crime is that I saw the people who worked for me as tools rather than human beings, but even tools need to be encased in gold and maintained. As much as I wish this was the actual story, there are some places where it is outright wrong. Yes, I did have all the power, yes I did drive my fellow student body to labor away for virtually nothing, but what is unique to the story was that they were happy, at least those that saw what I was trying to accomplish, I provided them with guidance, companionship, entertainment, the reasonable little things that I could use by my very limited power. I even gave away my own money to those who needed to get some water from the vending machine and needed the money, although partially I did so in order for them to bring me something as well (I paid enough for the both of us), I even planned to throw a employee appreciation party, which I failed to do because the administration was on to me, and it was HS, the epitome of dictatorship. This may just be the delusional ranting of a once powerful crackpot man who now lives in exile, whose words should rightfully be dismissed as nothing more than a hyperbole.
[MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION] - Power and Style may symbolize 3 when mixed together, the pure ingredients to me seem 8 and 7 respectively, so I would lean 8w7 or 7w8. However, I want to explore 3 as well. My hearts desire is respect, not necessarily love, I just threw it in because maybe, deep inside that is what I value, my years of rejection (minus that golden year in high school) seem to have handed me down a final offer: either I surrender to my badly bruised and defeated ego and suffer, or condition my strong side and suppress any emotions I can and seek out opportunity. Culture means nothing to me, I respect laws, especially the main ones, I truly believe that they make sense in regards to keeping society together and foster equal opportunity, so I may deep inside resent laws and rules, but I have to accept them if they make sense and only stand up to them only when I am ready and have a valid reason to do so. Culture consists of moralistic and social rules, both of which I have no patience with, if I had the power, they would be pushed aside a bit. (I respect those who value morals and culture, that is why I in no way believe in getting rid of the two) However, there are those who do not wish to be hindered by pointless invisible walls, so I believe in making laws and letting them be known...everything else is up to the individual person. Now to dissect the 3s...
(1) Threes are self-assured, attractive, and charming. Ambitious, competent, and energetic, they can also be status-conscious and highly driven for advancement. They are diplomatic and poised, but can also be overly concerned with their image and what others think of them. They typically have problems with workaholism and competitiveness. - I have bolded what does not fit me (there is a reason why I banished all mirrors from my house). I am usually sluggish, when reduced to a pile of waste. (I am drinking red bull though, which helps a lot)
(2) Basic Fear: Of being worthless, Basic Desire: To feel valuable and worthwhile, Enneagram Three with a Two-Wing: "The Charmer", Enneagram Three with a Four-Wing: "The Professional" - I only half agree, its not so much worthlessness I worry about as incompetence, weakness, and lack of intelligence (I used to think of myself as incompetent, weak, and dumber than an amoeba, but now I settle on average as a starting point, because its easier to get to the top from the middle than from the bottom) If a omnipotent being viewed me as a valuable asset then 3 is my enneagram, but if some low-life employer who does nothing all day calls me worthless, then lets just say, we can safely add span in between his/her title (I think my resulting tantrum would give him/her a nervous breakdown and scar him/her for life, I had many jobs in my life and my bosses were an amazing bunch). Anyway, I am neither charming nor professional (if anything slightly more professional, but even that is a flawed observation of myself)
(3) Key Motivations: Want to be affirmed, to distinguish themselves from others, to have attention, to be admired, and to impress others. - as a secondary satisfaction I wholeheartedly agree.
(4) The Meaning of the Arrows (in brief): When moving in their Direction of Disintegration (stress), driven Threes suddenly become disengaged and apathetic at Nine. However, when moving in their Direction of Integration (growth), vain, deceitful Threes become more cooperative and committed to others, like healthy Sixes. For more information. - I am easily stressed and when that happens I am both very impulsive and indecisive, I see everyone as the enemy and treat them as such, even if it is a false presumption, I usually understand it, but my instincts keep pounding against me. When I feel grown (only happened for one year only) I become more like a 3 based on the description or 9. In that I focus all my resources on treating my friends with everything I can reasonable muster, I even see some of my lesser enemies as allies and have very high tolerance for others, I become very much like a workaholic.
(5) Before analyzing the body of the text I will define my level (assuming I am a 3) - A combination of Level 6 and 7 is apparent, however I only inflate what did occur. I had a leadership position, I had power, I did make a change. My rhetoric is my pressure pump, the facts are, I was a student leader, I did make decisions on behalf of a group of people, I changed my predecessor's system to fit a growing committee. However (I am only good at doing this with text) I have used rhetoric to amplify my truthful achievements to match those of major leaders, sometimes intentionally, sometimes unintentionally. I have a deep fear of failure and in many ways I am just a babbling buffoon, however, despite pondering and even threating retaliation against those I am jealous of (interestingly enough jealously is a 4 type's sin). I find myself too rational to go out and lose a limb to make one person cry. I might as well figure out what to do with myself and surpass them in everyway. So yes I am opportunistic, but never at the expense of another more worthier candidate, if the individual is better than me, I hate them, but I accept them at the same time. Only when a true fool surpasses me, I take offense.
(6) The first paragraph can be said about me only from the point of view of my inner circle, and very few make it that far. Like Robert California once said "There are winners and losers, if I have dinner with you I think you're a winner, if not..." that happens to be the general perception of myself that I get (Hey, I spooked an ENTJ).
(7) Shifting through the rest, I noticed that most of the rest applies to healthy embodiments of 3 types. What I will add is, yes I crave attention (more so worship, but hey I'm not really picky at this point) I also value power and independence above all things (8 seems to come to my head) I just don't have either now, but when I did, I actually felt that I was flying high...too bad I flew too high and crash landed. Every time I try a new venture it fails, usually because I do not try it as I start reading about "protocol" and "rules" and "procedures" I start to feel sick to my stomach and end up banging on my desk (I have installed one of those hitting bricks on my desk and attached a sturdy wooden pillar under my desk so that the vibration of my fist does not break the desk) anyway, the point is I am too lazy to implement it and all the lawyers are expensive. As much as I like lawyers, I think law is now the new catholic bible, I really think that laws should be simple enough for anyone to read and should be as easily available to everyone. I very much agree that I have no clear preference for my career, when asked, I give vague descriptions like "I want the power to innovate XYZ" or "I want to become self sufficient". Other times I simply compromise for tangible jobs and goals such as Office worker, college courses, or vacation time. I also take orders from no one, my respect is earned, I even clash with my family a lot. All in all groups mean nothing to me if its individuals act like they wanted nothing more than to earn their penny and walk away, just seeing heroic stories on the news brings some joy to my cold 3 sizes too small heart.