• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

More Tritype Help

What's my tritype?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
OK, so I've figured out that I'm a 4w5 and that I'm actually a social subtype (kind of counterintuitive, but there you go). That's the guts of Enneagram done.

This thread is about tritype, and the last one I did on this died a slow, miserable death so let's do better this time. If you want to comment, it would help if you have a look through my blog first: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/private-blogs/71026-day-life.html. The reason I ask that is that a lot of what I post around on the forum isn't representative of my behaviour IRL. It is just too much fun messing with you guys.

(Because the blog will continue to grow over time, don't feel pressured to cast a vote here right now. I'll give this thread a bump every couple of weeks.)

I have added a poll, but it would be good if you leave a comment explaining your vote as well.

OK, sweet...let's get started.

EDIT (by Jennifer): OP has changed the specifications for the thread:

If you have very strong reservations about my core type, that's OK, but don't post them here. Send me a PM or something...

This also means if you vote Other, send him a PM instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I can't read your blog but how confident are you typing as a 4w5?

The reason I want people to look at my blog is that it gives insight into my life off the forum.

As for my Enneatype, I'm very sure of it. For the first part, every serious test I have taken has identified me as a 4. The result I got from Riso-Hudson was 4w5 and 458, and it was 4w5 from WEPSS (I inferred 451 from the strengths of the bars). The Enneagram test I posted on the site, which is very thorough and has given almost everybody their correct Enneatype, typed me as a 4w5. The tritype I picked up from that is 471.

That's tests though. I mainly went against 4 because I disliked many of the descriptions, which conjured up images of effeminacy, and I feel a great deal of anxiety socially. What stimulated me to reconsider was my mother complaining about me (!)... the things she said sounded almost identical to a 4 description, and as she has never heard of Enneagram she wouldn't have any bias. That led me to have a look at descriptions on different websites, I also found information about 6s and 4s mistyping.

What settled it for me was discovering the core fears of a 4 and how they related to me, and also discovering the integration point (I can act in a 1-ish way when I am more energetic, for good or ill).

So yes, I'm very sure about my typing. I know that I've irritated a lot of people by changing my tritype a lot, especially. But Enneagram can take a while to figure out because of what it is measuring, so I hope you will be tolerant. Even though no test has indicated that I have 6 in my tritype, I am open to the idea.

If you have any specific questions for me then ask away, but I don't want to fill out another one of those questionaries. Been there, done that.

Raffaella

bon vivant
Very. For the first part, every serious test I have taken has identified me as a 4. The result I got from Riso-Hudson was 4w5 and 458, and it was 4w5 from WEPSS (I inferred 451 from the strengths of the bars). The Enneagram test I posted on the site, which is very thorough and has given almost everybody their correct Enneatype, typed me as a 4w5. The tritype I picked up from that is 471.

That's tests though. I mainly went against 4 because I disliked many of the descriptions, which conjured up images of effeminacy, and I feel a great deal of anxiety socially. What stimulated me to reconsider was my mother complaining about me (!)... the things she said sounded almost identical to a 4 description, and as she has never heard of Enneagram she wouldn't have any bias. That led me to have a look at descriptions on different websites, I also found information about 6s and 4s mistyping.

What settled it for me was discovering the core fears of a 4 and how they related to me, and also discovering the integration point (I can act in a 1-ish way when I am more energetic, for good or ill).

So yes, I'm very sure about my typing. I know that I've irritated a lot of people by changing my tritype a lot, especially. But Enneagram can take a while to figure out because of what it is measuring, so I hope people can be tolerant. Even though no test has indicated that I have 6 in my tritype, I am open to the idea.

If you have any questions for me then ask away, but I don't want to fill out another one of those questionaries. Been there, done that.

I think we can rule out types 2, 7 and 9 in your tritype. I believe you're a core thinking type but I'm not ruling out an image type since you're convinced. I don't think you have 8 in your tritype (the reactivity is from 6 and 4). Your thinking type is definitely 6 and your gut is type is definitely 1 and you're more 4 than you are 3. I think you're a 641 (or 461) judging by how much you've commented on your anxiety (plus other aspects) but I'll have to confirm your core type first, give me time.

Are you sure you're so/sp?

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I think we can rule out types 2, 7 and 9 in your tritype. I believe you're a core thinking type but I'm not ruling out an image type since you're convinced. I don't think you have 8 in your tritype (the reactivity is from 6 and 4). Your thinking type is definitely 6 and your gut is type is definitely 1 and you're more 4 than you are 3. I think you're a 641 (or 461) judging by how much you've commented on your anxiety (plus other aspects) but I'll have to confirm your core type first, give me time.

Are you sure you're so/sp?

My so and sp instincts are practically equal. It would be more accurate to say so = sp.

This thread is not about my core type. I am sick of people arrogantly ignoring my OP posts and starting to question my core type (or entire MBTI in past threads, as opposed to one dichotomy). Yes, I'm sure, I've spent a lot of time on it and my life and behaviour offline are much more multidimensional than they are on here.

If you have very strong reservations about my core type, that's OK, but don't post them here. Send me a PM or something...

Raffaella

bon vivant
My so and sp instincts are practically equal. It would be more accurate to say so = sp.

This thread is not about my core type. I am sick of people arrogantly ignoring my OP posts and starting to question my core type (or entire MBTI in past threads, as opposed to one dichotomy). Yes, I'm sure, I've spent a lot of time on it and my life and behaviour offline are much more multidimensional than they are on here.

Tsk, tsk, that's not how you thank someone for going to the effort of determining your tritype, SM. Maybe I shouldn't have focussed on your core type so much but I did state that your thinking type is definitely a 6, gut type is 1 and image type is 4 and that you could be 461. Your 6 is too evident for you to be a 416.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Tsk, tsk, that's not how you thank someone for going to the effort of determining your tritype, SM. Maybe I shouldn't have focussed on your core type so much but I did state that your thinking type is definitely a 6, gut type is 1 and image type is 4 and that you could be 461. Your 6 is too evident for you to be a 416.

I am sorry for being short with you :)

Recurring themes in my threads on typology are derails and wider questioning than I'd asked for. It would be great to have one thread that bucked the trend.

Raffaella

bon vivant
I am sorry for being short with you :)

Recurring themes in my threads on typology are derails and wider questioning than I'd asked for. It would be great to have one thread that bucked the trend.

That's okay.

You've set a precedent so if anyone derails after this, you should report them.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I vote other.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I vote other.

Reminder that based on the conversation in the thread and the updates I've made to the OP, the thread owner would prefer you send any comments/explanations challenging his expressed core typing to him via PM.