• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Shape my self-concept for fun

Which MB type do I seem most like?

• ISFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISTP

• ISFJ

• ISTJ

• ESFP

• ESTP

• ENFP

• ENTP

• ESTJ

• ENTJ

• Total voters

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I put INFP before reading this. He's a poet from what I've seen. And hahahahaha. NFPs determining people's personalities. It is funny. Hey, he could be an INFP who really got good at this. Also, I think that the above does apply somewhat, BUT, I'd rather have something I KNOW is useful. But I don't know anything for certain, so I don't discriminate. And I don't understand Se either, but it is likely because I don't use it. I've attributed it to things I avoid like the plague, like any and all roller coasters, although I am getting over the fear. Slowly. Not sure whether he is an ISFP or INFP, I'm going to stick with INFP. I'd need a thorough analysis of what he does and says in order to prove myself wrong. Not just generalizations.

Oh, and INFJ is quite wrong. Sorry. Fi in that one.

Oh an INFP is the most likely to continue doing these tests until they die, feeling insecure about themselves. ISFP I don't think would care. They know who they are. I know every week I go through each of the IN types to see why I'm not one of them. Always end up INFP. So yeah.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
I put INFP before reading this. He's a poet from what I've seen. And hahahahaha. NFPs determining people's personalities. It is funny. Hey, he could be an INFP who really got good at this. Also, I think that the above does apply somewhat, BUT, I'd rather have something I KNOW is useful. But I don't know anything for certain, so I don't discriminate. And I don't understand Se either, but it is likely because I don't use it. I've attributed it to things I avoid like the plague, like any and all roller coasters, although I am getting over the fear. Slowly. Not sure whether he is an ISFP or INFP, I'm going to stick with INFP. I'd need a thorough analysis of what he does and says in order to prove myself wrong. Not just generalizations.

Oh, and INFJ is quite wrong. Sorry. Fi in that one.

Oh an INFP is the most likely to continue doing these tests until they die, feeling insecure about themselves. ISFP I don't think would care. They know who they are. I know every week I go through each of the IN types to see why I'm not one of them. Always end up INFP. So yeah.

Thanks for referring to me as a poet.

INFP may fit, but I more identify with Se/Ni for the perceiving axis. In either case, it intrigues me that Fi bleeds through lately.

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Hrrm, well this is only my very narrow perception of it. The types could be anything really. I only know myself, and judge others in degrees of sameness. The functions I don't use I associate with what is not me. Like Se. The function for enjoying roller-coasters and stuff. That is likely wrong. It is more likely the looking for new things function.

Honestly, you could be ISFP. Were you a degree popular at all in school? Would you describe yourself as hipster? At least when you were younger? Using the modern definition of course.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hrrm, well this is only my very narrow perception of it. The types could be anything really. I only know myself, and judge others in degrees of sameness. The functions I don't use I associate with what is not me. Like Se. The function for enjoying roller-coasters and stuff. That is likely wrong. It is more likely the looking for new things function.

Honestly, you could be ISFP. Were you a degree popular at all in school? Would you describe yourself as hipster? At least when you were younger? Using the modern definition of course.

Se is ISFP's primary mode of extraverted perception, the details of which can be processed with Ni and, I assume, lay Fi's foundation. I wouldn't attach Se to physical thrill-seeking, though it can result in that.

I was socially avoidant, but well-regarded. Hipsters are more conscious of their image than I was; I was confident in my intellect, and there were no peers I felt compelled to impress.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Weren't you INTJ before this? What changed?

I could buy ISFP from your pictures but that's probably not a good enough reason to draw a conclusion about someone's type ...

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Weren't you INTJ before this? What changed?

I could buy ISFP from your pictures but that's probably not a good enough reason to draw a conclusion about someone's type ...

I was many things before this. :)

Does this outfit complement my eyes?

Cygnus

Not Fi-dom and probably not Fi-creative. I skimmed the Fi-arguments and I rule they're bullshit.

If someone's Fi-dom, they'll have this OVERWHELMING bitchy vibe. They'll have little patience for the opinions of others and they refuse to accept criticism of their logic even if it's abjectly incorrect.
And remember, Te is their dual-seeking function so a matured Fi-dom will appear completely "sealed-off" and artificial. Fi is shelled emotion.

Fi-creative won't seem as overtly bitchy but won't seem overtly "warm" either.

The difference between Fi-dom and Te-creative is that Fi-dom vibes more of a "fear-reaction" of using existing logical systems in one's environment in order to protect oneself, while Te-creative is more intrinsically concerned with the systems for their own sake.

Your posting voice basically treats anyone else like a personal friend and it seems like you accept anything said by anyone as warmly as possible.

The difference between Fe and Fi in self-typing is that Fi wants to stay rooted in its own identity and may deliberately evade the impersonal, logical structure of an external typing system.
Ti-Fe is often said to be much more open to these classifying systems, but strong Fe-users risk self-forgetfulness because Fe is dependent on its environment -- your identity changes with the world around you and you find it difficult to remember your place in the typing system.
Basically Fe wants to be typed, Fi evades it.

Not blunt enough for Ti-creative.

You personally remind me of a "squishier" equivalent of Alea, which could possibly point to Ni.

Nicodemus

Your posting voice basically treats anyone else like a personal friend and it seems like you accept anything said by anyone as warmly as possible.
I always thought he did that for fun, to play a whimsically nice character.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Not Fi-dom and probably not Fi-creative. I skimmed the Fi-arguments and I rule they're bullshit.

If someone's Fi-dom, they'll have this OVERWHELMING bitchy vibe. They'll have little patience for the opinions of others and they refuse to accept criticism of their logic even if it's abjectly incorrect.
And remember, Te is their dual-seeking function so a matured Fi-dom will appear completely "sealed-off" and artificial. Fi is shelled emotion.

Fi-creative won't seem as overtly bitchy but won't seem overtly "warm" either.

The difference between Fi-dom and Te-creative is that Fi-dom vibes more of a "fear-reaction" of using existing logical systems in one's environment in order to protect oneself, while Te-creative is more intrinsically concerned with the systems for their own sake.

The difference between Fe and Fi in self-typing is that Fi wants to stay rooted in its own identity and may deliberately evade the impersonal, logical structure of an external typing system.
Ti-Fe is often said to be much more open to these classifying systems, but strong Fe-users risk self-forgetfulness because Fe is dependent on its environment -- your identity changes with the world around you and you find it difficult to remember your place in the typing system.
Basically Fe wants to be typed, Fi evades it.

Not blunt enough for Ti-creative.

You personally remind me of a "squishier" equivalent of Alea, which could possibly point to Ni.

Heh, I appreciate the Alea comparison.

When I was younger, I was much more socially shelled and rigid. If conversation crossed the border to debate, I would snap and logically disarm the other party, but only if I found it worth the effort. I more recently identified my own social deficits and have made a point to be warm.

The more I consider Ne vs. Ni, the more Ne seems likely. I see life in themes and timeless symbols, and I interpret the world as snapshots offering windows to potential. I rarely envision a single way things will or should unfold, and always remain open to possible deviations (long-term planning is not my thing).

The ILE description really hits home. I do have five or so areas of interest that I've developed to near-professional levels, and cycle whimsically between them (usually for having hit a roadblock in another).

Alea_iacta_est

[MENTION=20757]Opal[/MENTION] seems SLI.

Preconceived notions surrounding the SLI (in conjuncture with LSI) prevent it from seeming obvious.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Preconceived notions surrounding the SLI (in conjuncture with LSI) prevent it from seeming obvious.

What are these preconceived notions standing in the way of enlightenment?

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP

Do you feel this profile adequately explains the strengths, weaknesses, and habits of SLIs?

I am putty in all of your hands.

Alea_iacta_est

Do you feel this profile adequately explains the strengths, weaknesses, and habits of SLIs?

I am putty in all of your hands.

Arcana said:
What are these preconceived notions standing in the way of enlightenment?

I think the sociotype profile does a decent job, but it is by no means perfect.

Before, I mistook characteristics I believed to be indicative of the SLI that were actually rooted in MBTI's ISTJ, whose stereotypes directly feed into the LSI.

I have a friend whose type I struggled to discern, who seemed like he couldn't really be defined as a specific type but rather a curious amalgam with no features that directly pointed toward any general direction for typing that I had known then. I got him into personality theory, and he typed into MBTI as an INTP, which I thought was fairly reasonable assessment for him, though it still didn't seem distinct. When I started really entering Socionics, I discovered the different rhythms of temperament and began to look at him in a different light. I realized he was an Introverted Irrational type, something that seemed glaringly obvious about him after the fact. Anyways, to test my hypothesis, I showed him the test at sociotype.com, and he took it and received the SLI result, which I had not considered for him at all. What I came to realize was my entire mental perception of how the SLI would seem and act was entirely wrong and needed revision, as after he got the SLI result things started seeming more in-place. He had the same ambiguous, non-distinct, almost un-typable personality that you seem to have, with the exact same feeling (which isn't empirical at all, but still worthy of a closer look).

What I've discovered about SLIs from my interactions with them is that they tend to have a distinctive go-with-the-flow adaptive style, where they seem to mold to the environment and people around them to produce comfortable, extremely easy-going and laid-back relations and interactions. They also tend to seem fairly level-headed and project an outer image of extreme reasonableness. There's a specific smooth quality to them, where they seem to simply slide through life effortlessly and with control or finesse. These qualities seem to be contrary to the MBTI ISTJ descriptions, which summon up images of up-tight, overly rigid hard-asses (much more akin to some unhealthy LSIs) that lead people astray when entering Socionics and seeing the SLI.

Just my thoughts.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
[MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION], thanks, I'm intrigued. I'll explore the profile more fully tomorrow.

[MENTION=14015]Urarienev[/MENTION] is going to flip out, I can feel it.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION], thanks, I'm intrigued. I'll explore the profile more fully tomorrow.

[MENTION=14015]Urarienev[/MENTION] is going to flip out, I can feel it.

I have been saying ISXJ since beginning of time yo !!

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm not sure ISFp is a good match, unless I have an unusual preference for Ne. My physical upkeep is poor at best, though to make up for this, I study nutrition and exercise technique somewhat idly (forgetting much in the process, converting knowledge to habit, breaking habit, beginning again). Self-identifying as every fluid, amorphous type is slightly unfulfilling, haha.