User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which MB type do I seem most like?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISFP

    0 0%
  • ISTP

    0 0%
  • INFP

    1 11.11%
  • INTP

    3 33.33%
  • ISFJ

    0 0%
  • ISTJ

    0 0%
  • INFJ

    2 22.22%
  • INTJ

    1 11.11%
  • ESFP

    0 0%
  • ESTP

    0 0%
  • ENFP

    0 0%
  • ENTP

    0 0%
  • ESFJ

    1 11.11%
  • ESTJ

    0 0%
  • ENFJ

    1 11.11%
  • ENTJ

    0 0%
First 234

Results 31 to 40 of 40

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,628

    Default

    Not Fi-dom and probably not Fi-creative. I skimmed the Fi-arguments and I rule they're bullshit.


    If someone's Fi-dom, they'll have this OVERWHELMING bitchy vibe. They'll have little patience for the opinions of others and they refuse to accept criticism of their logic even if it's abjectly incorrect.
    And remember, Te is their dual-seeking function so a matured Fi-dom will appear completely "sealed-off" and artificial. Fi is shelled emotion.

    Fi-creative won't seem as overtly bitchy but won't seem overtly "warm" either.

    The difference between Fi-dom and Te-creative is that Fi-dom vibes more of a "fear-reaction" of using existing logical systems in one's environment in order to protect oneself, while Te-creative is more intrinsically concerned with the systems for their own sake.

    Your posting voice basically treats anyone else like a personal friend and it seems like you accept anything said by anyone as warmly as possible.


    The difference between Fe and Fi in self-typing is that Fi wants to stay rooted in its own identity and may deliberately evade the impersonal, logical structure of an external typing system.
    Ti-Fe is often said to be much more open to these classifying systems, but strong Fe-users risk self-forgetfulness because Fe is dependent on its environment -- your identity changes with the world around you and you find it difficult to remember your place in the typing system.
    Basically Fe wants to be typed, Fi evades it.



    Not blunt enough for Ti-creative.

    You personally remind me of a "squishier" equivalent of Alea, which could possibly point to Ni.
    Likes Opal liked this post

  2. #32
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    Your posting voice basically treats anyone else like a personal friend and it seems like you accept anything said by anyone as warmly as possible.
    I always thought he did that for fun, to play a whimsically nice character.
    Likes Opal liked this post

  3. #33
    Senior Member Opal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    Not Fi-dom and probably not Fi-creative. I skimmed the Fi-arguments and I rule they're bullshit.


    If someone's Fi-dom, they'll have this OVERWHELMING bitchy vibe. They'll have little patience for the opinions of others and they refuse to accept criticism of their logic even if it's abjectly incorrect.
    And remember, Te is their dual-seeking function so a matured Fi-dom will appear completely "sealed-off" and artificial. Fi is shelled emotion.

    Fi-creative won't seem as overtly bitchy but won't seem overtly "warm" either.

    The difference between Fi-dom and Te-creative is that Fi-dom vibes more of a "fear-reaction" of using existing logical systems in one's environment in order to protect oneself, while Te-creative is more intrinsically concerned with the systems for their own sake.

    Your posting voice basically treats anyone else like a personal friend and it seems like you accept anything said by anyone as warmly as possible.


    The difference between Fe and Fi in self-typing is that Fi wants to stay rooted in its own identity and may deliberately evade the impersonal, logical structure of an external typing system.
    Ti-Fe is often said to be much more open to these classifying systems, but strong Fe-users risk self-forgetfulness because Fe is dependent on its environment -- your identity changes with the world around you and you find it difficult to remember your place in the typing system.
    Basically Fe wants to be typed, Fi evades it.



    Not blunt enough for Ti-creative.

    You personally remind me of a "squishier" equivalent of Alea, which could possibly point to Ni.
    Heh, I appreciate the Alea comparison.

    When I was younger, I was much more socially shelled and rigid. If conversation crossed the border to debate, I would snap and logically disarm the other party, but only if I found it worth the effort. I more recently identified my own social deficits and have made a point to be warm.

    The more I consider Ne vs. Ni, the more Ne seems likely. I see life in themes and timeless symbols, and I interpret the world as snapshots offering windows to potential. I rarely envision a single way things will or should unfold, and always remain open to possible deviations (long-term planning is not my thing).

    The ILE description really hits home. I do have five or so areas of interest that I've developed to near-professional levels, and cycle whimsically between them (usually for having hit a roadblock in another).

  4. #34
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    @Opal seems SLI.

    Preconceived notions surrounding the SLI (in conjuncture with LSI) prevent it from seeming obvious.

  5. #35
    Senior Member senza tema's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    @Opal seems SLI.

    Preconceived notions surrounding the SLI (in conjuncture with LSI) prevent it from seeming obvious.
    What are these preconceived notions standing in the way of enlightenment?

  6. #36
    Senior Member Opal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    @Opal seems SLI.

    Preconceived notions surrounding the SLI (in conjuncture with LSI) prevent it from seeming obvious.
    Do you feel this profile adequately explains the strengths, weaknesses, and habits of SLIs?

    I am putty in all of your hands.

  7. #37
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Opal View Post
    Do you feel this profile adequately explains the strengths, weaknesses, and habits of SLIs?

    I am putty in all of your hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana
    What are these preconceived notions standing in the way of enlightenment?
    I think the sociotype profile does a decent job, but it is by no means perfect.

    Before, I mistook characteristics I believed to be indicative of the SLI that were actually rooted in MBTI's ISTJ, whose stereotypes directly feed into the LSI.

    I have a friend whose type I struggled to discern, who seemed like he couldn't really be defined as a specific type but rather a curious amalgam with no features that directly pointed toward any general direction for typing that I had known then. I got him into personality theory, and he typed into MBTI as an INTP, which I thought was fairly reasonable assessment for him, though it still didn't seem distinct. When I started really entering Socionics, I discovered the different rhythms of temperament and began to look at him in a different light. I realized he was an Introverted Irrational type, something that seemed glaringly obvious about him after the fact. Anyways, to test my hypothesis, I showed him the test at sociotype.com, and he took it and received the SLI result, which I had not considered for him at all. What I came to realize was my entire mental perception of how the SLI would seem and act was entirely wrong and needed revision, as after he got the SLI result things started seeming more in-place. He had the same ambiguous, non-distinct, almost un-typable personality that you seem to have, with the exact same feeling (which isn't empirical at all, but still worthy of a closer look).

    What I've discovered about SLIs from my interactions with them is that they tend to have a distinctive go-with-the-flow adaptive style, where they seem to mold to the environment and people around them to produce comfortable, extremely easy-going and laid-back relations and interactions. They also tend to seem fairly level-headed and project an outer image of extreme reasonableness. There's a specific smooth quality to them, where they seem to simply slide through life effortlessly and with control or finesse. These qualities seem to be contrary to the MBTI ISTJ descriptions, which summon up images of up-tight, overly rigid hard-asses (much more akin to some unhealthy LSIs) that lead people astray when entering Socionics and seeing the SLI.

    Just my thoughts.
    Likes senza tema, Opal liked this post

  8. #38
    Senior Member Opal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    @Alea_iacta_est, thanks, I'm intrigued. I'll explore the profile more fully tomorrow.

    @Urarienev is going to flip out, I can feel it.

  9. #39
    Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Opal View Post
    @Alea_iacta_est, thanks, I'm intrigued. I'll explore the profile more fully tomorrow.

    @Urarienev is going to flip out, I can feel it.
    I have been saying ISXJ since beginning of time yo !!
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

    Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

  10. #40
    Senior Member Opal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    I'm not sure ISFp is a good match, unless I have an unusual preference for Ne. My physical upkeep is poor at best, though to make up for this, I study nutrition and exercise technique somewhat idly (forgetting much in the process, converting knowledge to habit, breaking habit, beginning again). Self-identifying as every fluid, amorphous type is slightly unfulfilling, haha.

Similar Threads

  1. Face-Reading Personality Self-Test (For Fun)
    By tibby in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-01-2017, 04:55 PM
  2. I've been on the forum for 10 years! (humor my self-indulgence).
    By Magic Poriferan in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-05-2017, 06:01 PM
  3. Just for fun, what do you think my socionics type is and why?
    By Generalist in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-29-2016, 08:58 PM
  4. Disliking the concept of "fun"
    By Xander in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 12:26 AM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 06:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO