User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Second Attempt

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    The responder is foul-mouthed as all "fuck."
    Lol

And he has confused tertiary Ti with something Te-ish about your post. Fe is also structured and ordered, while Ti is internally structured and ordered. You have merely reflected your Ti internal structuring in your post.
    Ah okay

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lain View Post
    But since that Reddit post about INTJ I'm really confused.

"But internally they are very independent."

Ah, okay.
    Yes. For example, an INFJ may pursue a career in art in an effort to create something never seen before, but which comes from someplace deep inside them that they want other people to understand. In doing so, the INFJ's art may fly in the face of all art tradition, so this makes them seem like the independent artist type. The problem is, how is the INFJ going to obtain financial independence while bucking tradition?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Yes. For example, an INFJ may pursue a career in art in an effort to create something never seen before, but which comes from someplace deep inside them that they want other people to understand. In doing so, the INFJ's art may fly in the face of all art tradition, so this makes them seem like the independent artist type. The problem is, how is the INFJ going to obtain financial independence while bucking tradition?
    Want to be an author, and I have no idea either.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lain View Post
    Want to be an author, and I have no idea either.
    Do some mundane work to support yourself.

Do some mundane work to support yourself.
    Yeah that is the plan. Going for a degree starting next term.

an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

To OP: age and mental health indeed influence your answers tremendously. Your answers if accompanied by the background stories of what have made you who you are today, and how you were before all this might help. That is only if you're willing to share that much.

I still have questions about some of your responses, such as, "In what areas of your life would you like help? Confidence, independence, socialization, and how to properly complete mundane tasks." This sounds more INFP to me, simply because lacking things like confidence an independence is more of an INFP quality, while INFJs aren't lacking in independence.
    That is one dead wrong stereotype of INFPs. I know some somewhat "unhealthy" (hurt/suffer from depression/take medication) and, still, there's one thing nobody can take away from us - independence. We are extremely independent in the way we think and how we choose to deal with something. We work great alone but know how to support others in a team. We don't ask for help or advice, and we strive for physical independence too (move out early as a youngster/crave traveling).

We don't walk around as if we're not confident either. In fact, we're very very good at acting like we are.
    If one is INFP e4, confidence is something we can put on like a costume because that's what it takes to be a part of all this, but of course we're constantly aware of our defects. For INFPs, having money, looking beautiful, having cool friends, living in a nice house, etc. do NOT necessarily bring us the "confidence" deep down inside, but definitely the social standard confidence on the outside. For most, being accepted by your society gives you confidence. For us, only until we can fully accept ourselves that we can say we're happy with ourselves.
    But INFP e4 hate alpha type, confident, ego-stroking hungry folks anyway
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hysteria View Post
    To OP: age and mental health indeed influence your answers tremendously. Your answers if accompanied by the background stories of what have made you who you are today, and how you were before all this might help. That is only if you're willing to share that much.

That is one dead wrong stereotype of INFPs. I know some somewhat "unhealthy" (hurt/suffer from depression/take medication) and, still, there's one thing nobody can take away from us - independence. We are extremely independent in the way we think and how we choose to deal with something. We work great alone but know how to support others in a team. We don't ask for help or advice, and we strive for physical independence too (move out early as a youngster/crave traveling).

We don't walk around as if we're not confident either. In fact, we're very very good at acting like we are.
    If one is INFP e4, confidence is something we can put on like a costume because that's what it takes to be a part of all this, but of course we're constantly aware of our defects. For INFPs, having money, looking beautiful, having cool friends, living in a nice house, etc. do NOT necessarily bring us the "confidence" deep down inside, but definitely the social standard confidence on the outside. For most, being accepted by your society gives you confidence. For us, only until we can fully accept ourselves that we can say we're happy with ourselves.
    But INFP e4 hate alpha type, confident, ego-stroking hungry folks anyway
    If something I stated was a stereotype, that means it must have been stated by others often enough that it became a stereotype. But I for one haven't read anything about it before I stated it here.

I'll restate my point to you using THE most accurately descriptive term possible. Ni-dominant is an individualistic type. Ni-doms are individualists.

As such, Ni-doms hold to the principles of individualism in their own lives as well as globally. That doesn't mean that Ni-doms are necessarily independent and self-reliant, just that they believe strongly in such for themselves and others. In this, Ni-doms will resist efforts by others to control them and their lives, giving the appearance of independence even if it doesn't in fact exist in their lives. The Ni-dom believes, and that's all that matters. So, while seeming somewhat out of touch with reality around them, the Ni-dom has faith (but not of the organized religious kind), and this is sustained by what the future holds in their idealistic view of that future.

an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

If something I stated was a stereotype, that means it must have been stated by others often enough that it became a stereotype. But I for one haven't read anything about it before I stated it here.

I'll restate my point to you using THE most accurately descriptive term possible. Ni-dominant is an individualistic type. Ni-doms are individualists.

As such, Ni-doms hold to the principles of individualism in their own lives as well as globally. That doesn't mean that Ni-doms are necessarily independent and self-reliant, just that they believe strongly in such for themselves and others. In this, Ni-doms will resist efforts by others to control them and their lives, giving the appearance of independence even if it doesn't in fact exist in their lives. The Ni-dom believes, and that's all that matters. So, while seeming somewhat out of touch with reality around them, the Ni-dom has faith (but not of the organized religious kind), and this is sustained by what the future holds in their idealistic view of that future.
    Why are we analysing Ni-dom in a conversation about INFP?
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hysteria View Post
    Why are we analysing Ni-dom in a conversation about INFP?
    I'm thinking ahead.

People, people please. There is plenty of Lain to go around. No need to fight over me.