User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: Second Attempt

  1. #11
    A wannabe dog
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Btw OP...... You might want to look at the difference between inferior Se vs inferior Te.

    Our inferior function is how we act when we are feeling stressed. INFJs use inferior Se while INFPs use inferior Te.


    INFJ's stressed reaction: One common way to tell that INFJs are feeling stressed is when they limit their options to just one. They might insist there is only one solution to a problem. Others become extremely critical or angry, often blaming people for their troubles. Some INFJs accuse other people of failing to help, while some will make even the simplest task unnecessarily complex. There can be paradoxical behavior: some INFJs might extravert a great deal, saying harsh things with little regard for the feelings of others. In contrast, some INFJs can become rather introspective and shut themselves off from the world or outside help. Still other INFJs set unrealistic goals for themselves, which just makes matters worse. Finally, some INFJs might eat or drink too much.


    INFP's stressed reaction: Some signs include losing confidence in their self-worth or contributions to the group, having unrealistic expectations from situations or people, and seeming to be moody and hypersensitive. Some INFPs seem to carry the weight of the world on their shoulders, or become discouraged or lose heart. Others appear to take on the role of martyr, acting as if no one loves or cares for them. INFPs have reported feeling cut off from all that is important to them when they are feeling stressed.

  2. #12
    A wannabe dog
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    466

    Default

    And this tumblr below is written by an INFP. The INFP was describing the differences between Fe and Fi:


    INFP/INFJ Social Distinctions Continued

  3. #13
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    And this tumblr below is written by an INFP. The INFP was describing the differences between Fe and Fi:


    INFP/INFJ Social Distinctions Continued
    Good article overall. There is an issue with this: "I read once (okay, several times) that INFPs aren’t the type to carry grudges. I’m sorry, but unless I’m the exception, I carry grudges for years and everyone who knows me is well aware of this." I agree that Si-tertiary is a begrudging part of the INFP that comes in play when the INFP swallows their emotions in attempt not to be seen as unlikable. However, it always bugs me when someone states that a principle isn't true simply because it doesn't apply to them or to someone they've known for years. So even though I generally agree with that statement, the logic is overly subjective.

    It also depends on the INFP's degree of mental health. INFPs can be some of the most charming and socially disarming individuals you will ever meet. However, if they lose self-esteem and self-confidence, they start to repress emotions and become more socially manipulative. If this habit carries on for years, then tertiary Si may eventually make the person downright difficult to live with as they become grumpier and more curmudgeonly, even exploding in fits of rage at times.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #14
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lain View Post
    What questions would you like me to answer?
    INFJ (along with INTJ) is a very independent type. So what do you mean when you say you need help with independence?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  5. #15

    Default

    INFJ's stressed reaction: One common way to tell that INFJs are feeling stressed is when they limit their options to just one. They might insist there is only one solution to a problem. Others become extremely critical or angry, often blaming people for their troubles. Some INFJs accuse other people of failing to help, while some will make even the simplest task unnecessarily complex. There can be paradoxical behavior: some INFJs might extravert a great deal, saying harsh things with little regard for the feelings of others. In contrast, some INFJs can become rather introspective and shut themselves off from the world or outside help. Still other INFJs set unrealistic goals for themselves, which just makes matters worse. Finally, some INFJs might eat or drink too much.


    INFP's stressed reaction: Some signs include losing confidence in their self-worth or contributions to the group, having unrealistic expectations from situations or people, and seeming to be moody and hypersensitive. Some INFPs seem to carry the weight of the world on their shoulders, or become discouraged or lose heart. Others appear to take on the role of martyr, acting as if no one loves or cares for them. INFPs have reported feeling cut off from all that is important to them when they are feeling stressed.
    Sorry, but I relate to both : (

    INFJ or INFP Test - CelebrityTypes.com

    1) Both are important, but I chose sincerity because if you do not let someone know how you truly feel about something, both of you will end up hurt.

    2) Of course there are differences in people's values but in the end I think that we are all one; all looking for the same thing. We all want to be happy, healthy, and see our kids do great things.

    3) Are generally in need of a helping hand. There needs to be a balance of logic and compassion, not one over the other.

    4) Different shades of grey. I do not believe humans are always just one way in every situation.

    5) There are certain acts that are wrongful, but which can be justified in service of an overall goal. There is always an exception to the rule.

    6) I appreciate logic as a building block - a stepping stone to something greater. But by itself it can never be more than a tool.

    7) If I have to criticize others I prefer to sandwich the criticism between positive feedback for other tasks.

    8) I cherish visiting foreign countries, particularly exotic and underexposed ones. It is interesting to see how people live in different parts of the world.

    9) Be driven by an inner vision about the overall good of the organization. I agree with both, but this is more important. And the subordinates can always aspire to be like their leader without any interference.

    10) Other people seem to be cut out for a 9-5 corporate zombie routine, and it sometimes makes me feel like a space alien that I just don't fit in. Both, but this one hit home a bit more.

    11) We must all try to fit in and then pursue our goals and individuality from there. I think rebels come off as trying too hard, so it's probably best for people to find individuality through trial and error. I didn't become me until I failed socially.

    12) When empathizing with others, I tend to find that I can help them the most if I surrender myself completely to their inner experience without judging them or putting words in their mouths. Both, but I tend to ask people what they are feeling and why and then let them tell me. Jumping to conclusions rarely works out.

    13) I believe that there is a finite amount of ideas going around, which are being expressed in various ways. Each expression has a different nuance, but at the end of the day, they are the same ideas phrased differently. Sadness, depression, melancholy; happiness, joy, love.

    14) Of course children are less corrupted, but in the end I prefer adults because they have access to the full range of human emotion.

    15) People who patronize me by letting me know how they think I ought to be.

    16) Compared to other people in my line of work, I tend to gravitate towards fiction. While I am also sympathetic to theory and non-fiction, I find that fiction is where it gets really exciting.

    17) I have the soul of a sage. I'm too pessimistic to be innocent.

    59% INFJ
    41% INFP

    Not sure if any of this matters.

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    INFJ (along with INTJ) is a very independent type. So what do you mean when you say you need help with independence?
    I'm dependent on my family. I am malleable to what they want, and want to do what it takes to make them proud. I need to learn to do things for myself and what makes me happy (whatever that may be).

    EDIT:

    A post from Reddit (I copied my questionnaire and posted it to r/mbti and r/my_mbti_type):

    "I clicked the link and read everything. Someone else posted INFJ. I think you might be an INTJ. Possibly an INTP but I don't think so.

    Going off the old school XXXX typing method: you value privacy (I), all your answers are abstract/conceptual as fuck (N), your answers also categorize/describe things in a logical and orderly way (T), and you're quick to place value judgements on everything from romantic comedies to nationalism as an enduring human injustice (J).

    Going off the function stack method of typing: you perceive the "true nature of things" in your mind's eye (Ni), you explain what that true nature is outwardly in a structured/ordered fashion (Te - whatever the fuck you are, Te is definitely in your stack), you're all fucked up inside from abuse and moreover you conceptualize your feelings and morals as belonging to you rather than belonging to everyone (Fi), and your text doesn't reveal anything to indicate a preference for Se/Si. That alone tells me whatever it is, Se or Si, it's probably dead last on your function stack. Actually now that I think about it, the lack of physical descriptors and an admiration for the artistic/creative is exactly what Se as a 4th function looks like.

    My verdict: you're an INTJ who is more passionate about social/political issues than science. You have a big heart and would benefit from overcoming some psychological troubles. You will probably read some articles about INTJs to see if you fit the description. You'll see all the "cold and heartless" stuff and think it isn't you. But fun fact - INTJs are actually very emotional people, more emotional than other xNTx types (except maybe ENTP)."

  7. #17
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lain View Post
    Sorry, but I relate to both : (

    INFJ or INFP Test - CelebrityTypes.com

    1) Both are important, but I chose sincerity because if you do not let someone know how you truly feel about something, both of you will end up hurt.

    2) Of course there are differences in people's values but in the end I think that we are all one; all looking for the same thing. We all want to be happy, healthy, and see our kids do great things.

    3) Are generally in need of a helping hand. There needs to be a balance of logic and compassion, not one over the other.

    4) Different shades of grey. I do not believe humans are always just one way in every situation.

    5) There are certain acts that are wrongful, but which can be justified in service of an overall goal. There is always an exception to the rule.

    6) I appreciate logic as a building block - a stepping stone to something greater. But by itself it can never be more than a tool.

    7) If I have to criticize others I prefer to sandwich the criticism between positive feedback for other tasks.

    8) I cherish visiting foreign countries, particularly exotic and underexposed ones. It is interesting to see how people live in different parts of the world.

    9) Be driven by an inner vision about the overall good of the organization. I agree with both, but this is more important. And the subordinates can always aspire to be like their leader without any interference.

    10) Other people seem to be cut out for a 9-5 corporate zombie routine, and it sometimes makes me feel like a space alien that I just don't fit in. Both, but this one hit home a bit more.

    11) We must all try to fit in and then pursue our goals and individuality from there. I think rebels come off as trying too hard, so it's probably best for people to find individuality through trial and error. I didn't become me until I failed socially.

    12) When empathizing with others, I tend to find that I can help them the most if I surrender myself completely to their inner experience without judging them or putting words in their mouths. Both, but I tend to ask people what they are feeling and why and then let them tell me. Jumping to conclusions rarely works out.

    13) I believe that there is a finite amount of ideas going around, which are being expressed in various ways. Each expression has a different nuance, but at the end of the day, they are the same ideas phrased differently. Sadness, depression, melancholy; happiness, joy, love.

    14) Of course children are less corrupted, but in the end I prefer adults because they have access to the full range of human emotion.

    15) People who patronize me by letting me know how they think I ought to be.

    16) Compared to other people in my line of work, I tend to gravitate towards fiction. While I am also sympathetic to theory and non-fiction, I find that fiction is where it gets really exciting.

    17) I have the soul of a sage. I'm too pessimistic to be innocent.

    59% INFJ
    41% INFP

    Not sure if any of this matters.
    I would go with this because INFJ is displayed more prominently in the OP while INFP is rather secondary to it.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #18
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lain View Post
    I'm dependent on my family. I am malleable to what they want, and want to do what it takes to make them proud. I need to learn to do things for myself and what makes me happy (whatever that may be).
    That makes sense, as the INFJ type finds it difficult to attain independence in the external world. But internally they are very independent.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I would go with this because INFJ is displayed more prominently in the OP while INFP is rather secondary to it.
    But since that Reddit post about INTJ I'm really confused.

    "But internally they are very independent."

    Ah, okay.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lain View Post
    I'm dependent on my family. I am malleable to what they want, and want to do what it takes to make them proud. I need to learn to do things for myself and what makes me happy (whatever that may be).

    EDIT:

    A post from Reddit (I copied my questionnaire and posted it to r/mbti and r/my_mbti_type):

    "I clicked the link and read everything. Someone else posted INFJ. I think you might be an INTJ. Possibly an INTP but I don't think so.

    Going off the old school XXXX typing method: you value privacy (I), all your answers are abstract/conceptual as fuck (N), your answers also categorize/describe things in a logical and orderly way (T), and you're quick to place value judgements on everything from romantic comedies to nationalism as an enduring human injustice (J).

    Going off the function stack method of typing: you perceive the "true nature of things" in your mind's eye (Ni), you explain what that true nature is outwardly in a structured/ordered fashion (Te - whatever the fuck you are, Te is definitely in your stack), you're all fucked up inside from abuse and moreover you conceptualize your feelings and morals as belonging to you rather than belonging to everyone (Fi), and your text doesn't reveal anything to indicate a preference for Se/Si. That alone tells me whatever it is, Se or Si, it's probably dead last on your function stack. Actually now that I think about it, the lack of physical descriptors and an admiration for the artistic/creative is exactly what Se as a 4th function looks like.

    My verdict: you're an INTJ who is more passionate about social/political issues than science. You have a big heart and would benefit from overcoming some psychological troubles. You will probably read some articles about INTJs to see if you fit the description. You'll see all the "cold and heartless" stuff and think it isn't you. But fun fact - INTJs are actually very emotional people, more emotional than other xNTx types (except maybe ENTP)."
    The responder is foul-mouthed as all "fuck." And he has confused tertiary Ti with something Te-ish about your post. Fe is also structured and ordered, while Ti is internally structured and ordered. You have merely reflected your Ti internal structuring in your post.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. The fact that you will be dead soon for the second time
    By Virtual ghost in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-12-2008, 04:44 PM
  2. [ISFJ] Attempt at an ISFJ profile?
    By chimpuloc in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-19-2008, 10:54 PM
  3. First Attempts At Humor ( Children )
    By kuranes in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-12-2008, 06:30 AM
  4. Second day
    By entropie in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 09:58 PM
  5. So my second letter is pretty evenly split
    By swordpath in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 07:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO