User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by oneandonly View Post
    You seem to be a vary caring person.. is there anyway you could be an INFJ with a little ADD? or a grown T function? maybe a lot of thinkers around.

As far as I know I don't have ADD, I'm able to focus if I want. When I get working on a painting, a story, or an essay that I'm interested in I can forget to eat or sleep. Sometimes I'll spend 5 hours straight working in the studio and be confused as to why I'm so sore, forgetting I have been standing for 5 hours. And my friends frequently comment on how laid-back and easy going I am.

My mom is an ESTJ, she almost perfectly fits the description, my brother is an ISTP, and my dad is an ISFP. I'm definitely the odd one out in my family. I always have been.

And although I don't think I have ADD, I'm recently struggling with moderate depression and recovering from mild OCD relating to the struggles of being a closeted lesbian and coming out. So I might be a bit more cynical than usual. (These are just my suspicions based on research, I have yet to go to my university's counseling center, although I will likely make an appointment sometime soon.)

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Paris34 View Post

As far as I know I don't have ADD, I'm able to focus if I want. When I get working on a painting, a story, or an essay that I'm interested in I can forget to eat or sleep. Sometimes I'll spend 5 hours straight working in the studio and be confused as to why I'm so sore, forgetting I have been standing for 5 hours. And my friends frequently comment on how laid-back and easy going I am.

My mom is an ESTJ, she almost perfectly fits the description, my brother is an ISTP, and my dad is an ISFP. I'm definitely the odd one out in my family. I always have been.

And although I don't think I have ADD, I'm recently struggling with moderate depression and recovering from mild OCD relating to the struggles of being a closeted lesbian and coming out. So I might be a bit more cynical than usual. (These are just my suspicions based on research, I have yet to go to my university's counseling center, although I will likely make an appointment sometime soon.)
    I'm glad you're coming out, no reason to be in the closet at all.

Any way you could be ISFJ?
    We are more than the sum of our parts.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by oneandonly View Post
    I'm glad you're coming out, no reason to be in the closet at all.

Any way you could be ISFJ?
    Hmm, maybe, it fits, but I think that my Ne, is too developed for that to be the case, I'm fairly certain that I'm N dominant (either Ne or Ni)

I hate details, I just want people to get to the core meaning of what they are saying and "not bother me with the details." My dad who knows a bit about mbti, thinks that I'm probably an intuitive. I've always been pretty good at reading between the lines and find a way to bend the rules of an assignment. (This is especially true now that my true personality is developing since I've come out).

In 3rd grade I got in a debate with my friend about a quote from a Cinderella Story "Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game." Even at age 8 I knew that it had a much deeper implication than baseball, but because I couldn't put into words how I knew this my friend thought my idea was stupid.

-I never follow recipes when I cook, I just wing it. And throw in what I think will go well.
    -I always get strange looks from friends and family when I decide to put something like yogurt on crackers, or raspberries in coffee, or pineapple on steak.
    -Ideas and possibilities energize me, and once I get going on a tangent its hard to get me shut up.
    -I read The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking for fun, I live for Netflix documentaries on theories about outer-space, I love writing with metaphors and images, and write essays about the importance of SwanQueen for fun.

Here's a couple sentences from my most recent story, "Outside the dark sky churned, and I quickened my pace. But with each step I took the hall stretched out longer and longer, the walls were swallowed by shadows, and the air grew cold."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Also after researching the visual presentation of the functions, video taping myself, and analyzing my facial expressions, I think its quite likely that I have a high Ne function. My eyes tend to move about everywhere when I'm talking and thinking, occasionally zone out, and I tend to have a much harder time remembering sensory details and articulating them than coming up with original solutions to questions.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

that's quite the range of types you're considering.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    that's quite the range of types you're considering.
    Haha, yeah I know I tend to be a bit indecisive. When I was 10 it took me an hour of weighing pros and cons at the mall to decide to buy an iPod nano from the Apple store vs Radio-shack vs. fixing my iPod mini.

Is indecision linked to a type? haha

----------------edit added 7:08 PM--------------------------

Also just out of curiosity, how does Si present itself?

For example my first thought looking at my new avatar image is that the trees look like the Kellogg's frosted mini wheats, and preceded to imagine a forest made of processed sugar frosting. Then I remembered eating that cereal on vacation in a forest green ceramic bowl.

Is that an example of Si or Ne, a combination of both, or something else?

One more question: which function is notorious for thinking in images? That tends to be my default setting, thinking in pictures either from memory or generating imagery fantasy worlds from the everyday objects that surround me.

------------------edit 12:08 PM Oct. 15 ---------------------------------

Also in case this helps my enneagram triad type is 5w6, then 1w2, then 2w1

and the site gave words that describe me and I agree with all: principled, moralistic, perfectionist, self-critical, generous, helpful, selfless, loving, intelligent, cerebral, questioning.
    Last edited by Paris34; 10-15-2014 at 02:10 PM.