User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 36

  1. #21
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oneandonly View Post
    If you notice in the posters description, he is not poetic, he has a slight quirk that I cannot explain, i guess it is a hint at some bluntness, although that may characteristic of INFJ possibly, knowing a few INTP's this is pretty standard..

    He didn't pick up on the art of the hot air balloon photo until the very end. Art is an afterthought and before it is mostly pointed detail. I believe this is far more characteristic of INTP...

    I mean my intuition I guess is based on subtleties... If you have ever known an autistic or aspergers person.. you literally sometimes have to be psychic to see where they are in their brain to avoid a conflict/meltdown.

    Well my friends and family are next to nearly all the same type. ISTJ.. ENTJ father.. One female INTP 1 Male INTP friend 1 ISTP... 1 ISFP..
    and thank god(expression wise) 1 INFJ male friend who I'm closest to. He is also 50y/o ... we are both extremely thankful for eachother, with similar thought process understandings, intuition, kindness, we are both effortlessly giving though im probably more flexible, given my low preference.

    The ISTJ Mother & Sister and XXXJ Father (INFJ base turns to INTJ due to "Aspergers Flip" and then ESTJ or ENTJ due to Bipolar disorder) in my life have long had me thinking I was crazy.

    I wasn't listening to my intuition.
    I wondered why they werent as connected to me as I was to them. They definitely all had rage moments, and were fixated on having things certain ways so much it left for no alternative. Because of this, I make an effort to consciously BEND. I don't become so attached to process or having things done MY WAY.
    As it induces pointless pain and suffering.

    My mother, the ONLY time she let down her wall and complimented me, told me I always had an "internal compass", I believe this is how she perceived my Intuition. Because I navigate the world in such a way.
    That's a lot of introverts...
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #22
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oneandonly View Post
    If you notice in the posters description, he is not poetic,
    You were better at this at the beginning of this thread. But now you're turning to stereotypes - "poetic" indeed!
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  3. #23
    Senior Member oneandonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    You were better at this at the beginning of this thread. But now you're turning to stereotypes - "poetic" indeed!
    Well describing details isn't really my thing... I synthesize them.

    I'm far more comfortable with introverts. Extroverts never understand me. Introverts may have a hard time at it too.
    Social things are very taxing because of my extreme empathy. I tend to pick up everyones stuff as my own.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oneandonly View Post
    Well describing details isn't really my thing... I synthesize them.
    Yes, but you synthesize them by means of concepts (Intuition). So your strength is not in the details themselves, but in the concepts. In this case, those concepts are principles of pure typology. Sometimes it can be difficult to find the correspondence between these principles and reality, i.e, actual people with actual personalities. Stereotypes, such as INFJs are poetic, can't serve this function as they lack in conceptualizing power, because they don't stand on any typological principles.

    Quote Originally Posted by oneandonly View Post
    I'm far more comfortable with introverts. Extroverts never understand me. Introverts may have a hard time at it too. Social things are very taxing because of my extreme empathy. I tend to pick up everyones stuff as my own.
    That may be partly why socializing is very taxing, but you should also consider your Se inferior as another source of this innervation.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  5. #25
    Member Paris34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    70

    Default

    So I think I've narrowed it down to INFJ or INTP.

    I know that I'm an Introvert. There's not a doubt in my mind on that one. and I'm fairly certain my first function is an introverted one.
    Then I'm fairly certain that I have an intuition preference. I know I have high Ne, and Ni

    I know my primary thinking function is Ti, and I know I use Fe more dominantly than Fi

    And I'm sure I use Si, and Se to a lesser extent.

    Is it possible to be an INTP with a strong Fe, or would I then be an INFJ?

  6. #26
    Senior Member oneandonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paris34 View Post
    So I think I've narrowed it down to INFJ or INTP.

    I know that I'm an Introvert. There's not a doubt in my mind on that one. and I'm fairly certain my first function is an introverted one.
    Then I'm fairly certain that I have an intuition preference. I know I have high Ne, and Ni

    I know my primary thinking function is Ti, and I know I use Fe more dominantly than Fi

    And I'm sure I use Si, and Se to a lesser extent.

    Is it possible to be an INTP with a strong Fe, or would I then be an INFJ?
    What made you believe you were not INFJ?

  7. #27
    Member Paris34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oneandonly View Post
    What made you believe you were not INFJ?
    My friend asked me "are you sure?" when I told her my type, which spurred 12+ more months of extensive mbti research on my behalf. (I'm not entirely sure of her type she says she's an INFJ, but she has only taken the test and is on the cusp for many things. I get the feeling she isn't an INFJ more likely INFP or ISTP, as she can be pretty blunt sometimes, and is quick to judge (IP's are dominate judgers IJ dominate perceivers) but I don't tell her this as I don't want to upset her as I know she likes the label and it makes her happy so I just let it be.)

    A few more things about me:

    - I sent my mom the PersonalityCafe descriptions by Hollygolightly of both the Child INTP and INFJ, and she said that the INFJ one sounded more like me as a child.
    - I can be extremely stubborn
    - I've known I wanted to be an artist of some sort since I was 5. And the reason I want to purse the arts, specifically animation and storytelling is that I can impact many people and bring joy into there lives if only for a brief amount of time. And maybe my art will have a long-lasting positive impact on them and cause them to treat others with kindness and respect.
    - I get completely exhausted after spending more than an hour with a group of people and have to leave otherwise I fall into an awake dreamlike state.
    - I get overwhelmed if there is too much drama in my life.
    - Although I seem laid back and easy going, I'm actually pretty uptight (aka, secretly I'm a planner, I just don't plan the obsessive details, I plan the general big picture in a flexible way).
    - I adjust well to big changes, like moving schools, but not so much things like other people moving my things.
    - I'm always scanning my environment, but for noting in particular, just looking at the scenery and thinking about thinking or some grand philosophical question.
    - I dont live in the past.
    - I have a bad memory for things like names.
    - I tend to forget about people or things if i haven't interacted with them in a while.
    - I dont care about drama, I can't stand to be around it, and I dont dwell on interpersonal issues.

  8. #28
    Senior Member oneandonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paris34 View Post
    My friend asked me "are you sure?" when I told her my type, which spurred 12+ more months of extensive mbti research on my behalf. (I'm not entirely sure of her type she says she's an INFJ, but she has only taken the test and is on the cusp for many things. I get the feeling she isn't an INFJ more likely INFP or ISTP, as she can be pretty blunt sometimes, and is quick to judge (IP's are dominate judgers IJ dominate perceivers) but I don't tell her this as I don't want to upset her as I know she likes the label and it makes her happy so I just let it be.)

    A few more things about me:

    - I sent my mom the PersonalityCafe descriptions by Hollygolightly of both the Child INTP and INFJ, and she said that the INFJ one sounded more like me as a child.
    - I can be extremely stubborn
    - I've known I wanted to be an artist of some sort since I was 5. And the reason I want to purse the arts, specifically animation and storytelling is that I can impact many people and bring joy into there lives if only for a brief amount of time. And maybe my art will have a long-lasting positive impact on them and cause them to treat others with kindness and respect.
    - I get completely exhausted after spending more than an hour with a group of people and have to leave otherwise I fall into an awake dreamlike state.
    - I get overwhelmed if there is too much drama in my life.
    - Although I seem laid back and easy going, I'm actually pretty uptight (aka, secretly I'm a planner, I just don't plan the obsessive details, I plan the general big picture in a flexible way).
    - I adjust well to big changes, like moving schools, but not so much things like other people moving my things.
    - I'm always scanning my environment, but for noting in particular, just looking at the scenery and thinking about thinking or some grand philosophical question.
    - I dont live in the past.
    - I have a bad memory for things like names.
    - I tend to forget about people or things if i haven't interacted with them in a while.
    - I dont care about drama, I can't stand to be around it, and I dont dwell on interpersonal issues.
    Lots sound INFJ.. although the first and dominant is Ni.. Do you have "aha" moments? and also have an ability to see through a persons words and see their motivation? (also, sorry about thinking you were a guy)
    We are more than the sum of our parts.

  9. #29
    Member Paris34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oneandonly View Post
    Lots sound INFJ.. although the first and dominant is Ni.. Do you have "aha" moments? and also have an ability to see through a persons words and see their motivation? (also, sorry about thinking you were a guy)
    Haha, no worries, I figured I'd get that, its the normal assumption of people to think if you're attracted to women, you're male.

    I don't really think I have that many aha moments with people. I'm able to figure things out about people, and then trace back clues that I have seen in the past a that point to my conclusion. For example i was able to guess that my friend's relative passed away because my friend randomly disappeared for 2 hours, came back with puffy eyes and a kleenex in their pocket, and they had told me that their relative had been in the hospital a few weeks before. And then when my suspicions were confirmed later when they confided in me internally I was secretly pleased with my ability to piece together the puzzle, but externally I simply sat and listened to what they had to say. I knew from experience that the most important thing that a person can have in a situation like that is a person to listen to them, even if I didn't say anything. Sometimes saying nothing, and just being there says more than a single word ever can. And even before they told me anything, the days following the puffy eyes and kleenex, I knew that something was wrong. So I changed my homework schedule (unbeknownst to them) so that I could work in the same building as them. I knew that having a friend nearby would make things a bit less painful.

    My aha moments tend to be in art, with ideas that I want to paint. I will see something and instantly know I want to paint it, I won't know why want to paint it, but I won't be content until i find a way to make my vision a reality. Its hard to get me to change my idea for a project once I know what I want to do.
    Likes oneandonly liked this post

  10. #30
    Senior Member oneandonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paris34 View Post
    Haha, no worries, I figured I'd get that, its the normal assumption of people to think if you're attracted to women, you're male.

    I don't really think I have that many aha moments with people. I'm able to figure things out about people, and then trace back clues that I have seen in the past a that point to my conclusion. For example i was able to guess that my friend's relative passed away because my friend randomly disappeared for 2 hours, came back with puffy eyes and a kleenex in their pocket, and they had told me that their relative had been in the hospital a few weeks before. And then when my suspicions were confirmed later when they confided in me internally I was secretly pleased with my ability to piece together the puzzle, but externally I simply sat and listened to what they had to say. I knew from experience that the most important thing that a person can have in a situation like that is a person to listen to them, even if I didn't say anything. Sometimes saying nothing, and just being there says more than a single word ever can. And even before they told me anything, the days following the puffy eyes and kleenex, I knew that something was wrong. So I changed my homework schedule (unbeknownst to them) so that I could work in the same building as them. I knew that having a friend nearby would make things a bit less painful.

    My aha moments tend to be in art, with ideas that I want to paint. I will see something and instantly know I want to paint it, I won't know why want to paint it, but I won't be content until i find a way to make my vision a reality. Its hard to get me to change my idea for a project once I know what I want to do.
    You seem to be a vary caring person.. is there anyway you could be an INFJ with a little ADD? or a grown T function? maybe a lot of thinkers around.
    We are more than the sum of our parts.

Similar Threads

  1. INTP, ENTP, INFP, or something else?
    By Jacques Le Paul in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-17-2017, 05:46 PM
  2. INFP? ISFP? ISFJ, even?
    By Nakawaka in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2012, 11:40 PM
  3. Another Lost Soul. (INTP,INFP,ISFP.ENFP,ENFJ or INFJ)
    By Arclight in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-08-2010, 07:42 PM
  4. Blahhhrrrr, the tests tell me INFP, ISFP or INTP.
    By Liminality in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-04-2009, 09:25 AM
  5. [NT] Can't figure out what I am. :P INTP/ENTP hybrid.
    By Fluffywolf in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 03:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO