User Tag List

First 234

A wannabe dog

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hysteria View Post
    When an INFJ gets critical, it's their Ti convictions motivates them to give an Fe reaction. And get ready to be pissed at or doorslammed at if you challenge their Ti.
    When an INFP gets critical, it's our compromised Fi values motivate us to use Te to challenge somebody's ideas/opinions. And get ready to see us passive aggressively disappear into our own world if our opinions are disregarded. This can sometimes be misunderstood as "doorslamming".

But I heard INFJs only doorslam people when people challenges their Fe. INFJs are one of the most logical feelers out there so I don't think they will doorslam someone due to their Ti convictions getting challenged, they are more likely to doorslam someone when their Fe gets challenged. For example, if an INFJ sees someone doing something immoral, they will straightaway doorslam that person, whereas INFP is able to see things from multiple perspectives, for example, if an INFP sees someone committing an evil deed, the INFP will start thinking up all the possibilities why that person committed that particular evil deed, whereas INFJs will just judge that person as an evil person and then doorslam the person straightaway due to their Fe getting violated.

And yes I agree the part about INFP. I actually enjoy debating with people, I find myself often using Te to debate with people because I want to get to the bottom of the matter and find out the truth behind the subject that I am debating about.
    Sometimes, I will also debate from a viewpoint that I don't necessarily believe in just to see whether the opposing party is able to explain their view points. This is so Te of me
    Doorslamming someone though, it depends on how they presents their argument. If they force their opinion down my throat, this is when I start getting angered, but if we merely have different opinions and they don't try to ram their opinions down my throat, I won't really get angered over it, because I accept that everybody have different opinions and different ways of viewing things.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Switched to 9 eh?

MBTI
    ISFp

Those answers kind of remind me a lot of INFJs I know, though I'm thinking NeFi, so maybe you actually are INFP?
    From what I've seen, though, and this also refers to me, it's usually the ones with the F function that tend to refer back to what they've learned about their MBTI, if they learn about it, and feel disappointed and confused when they find something that doesn't fit with what they've been typed as vs. their actual personality (or what they believe their personality is). Though, that might just be a really wrong inference !!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Have you considered anything besides INFP or INFJ?
    Not saying you are not either, but just noting that neither being a clear fit could mean that neither is your type.
    But yes, definitely look into deeper descriptions (like Jung's) and don't get stuck on details. Behaviors can be more closely related to enneagram, attitudes to temperament (ie SP or NF), and emotional state to your health level.

It's generally thought that depressed people may not be typable, as it distorts personality. Enneagram tries tries to account for this, but Jungian type less so. Because its about cognitive preferences and visible personality, MBTI type can be very affected by depression. People may type INFP when depressed due to the depression.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

A wannabe dog

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Have you considered anything besides INFP or INFJ?
    Not saying you are not either, but just noting that neither being a clear fit could mean that neither is your type.
    But yes, definitely look into deeper descriptions (like Jung's) and don't get stuck on details. Behaviors can be more closely related to enneagram, attitudes to temperament (ie SP or NF), and emotional state to your health level.

It's generally thought that depressed people may not be typable, as it distorts personality. Enneagram tries tries to account for this, but Jungian type less so. Because its about cognitive preferences and visible personality, MBTI type can be very affected by depression. People may type INFP when depressed due to the depression.

I have considered many other types, such as ENFP, ISFP, ISTP, ENTP, INTJ, but I don't identify with their thinking style when I read up about their functions.
    I identify most with Ni-Fe and Fi-Ne in terms of my thinking style and the way I processed information. And I typed myself as INFP because I use socionics to narrow down my type. In socionics, I actually identify more with the strategic dichotomy rather than the tactical dichotomy, I am very goal-oriented and I care a lot about achieving my goals, I tend to be results-oriented in achieving my goals and I will also change my methods when it comes to achieving my goals. my goals are fixed whereas my methods are flexible, so yup I am Strategic/Result type making me EII in socionics and hence INFP in mbti.

Result + Tactical= Not much of an overall picture; can switch between tasks (leave them entirely incomplete) and changes up methods (no need to be consistent) until result is achieved
    Result + Strategic = Overall picture of what you want the end result to be. As long as you get there, job well done; Method isn't necessarily held to or developed ahead of time
    Process + Tactical = Not much of an overall picture; when they pick up a task, they identify what method to complete it with ahead of time and keeps to method
    Process + Strategic = Overall picture of what you want the end result to be; Determines "process" to get there ahead of time and keeps to method; Easier to switch goals entirely rather than change methods especially mid way

A wannabe dog

Lol this is my results from key2cognition:

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) **************************** (28.1)
    average use
    introverted Sensing (Si) *************************** (27)
    average use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30)
    average use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************************** (35.2)
    good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************************** (29)
    average use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************************** (30)
    average use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************* (31.2)
    good use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************** (30.1)
    good use

Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or INTJ

A wannabe dog

Alright guys, I think I might be INFJ afterall.

I think I use Ti. I have this strong need to know my mbti type, I feel irritated and frustrated when I don't know what's my mbti type. I heard Ti types often have this strong need to categorize things, so I might be an INFJ afterall.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    Alright guys, I think I might be INFJ afterall.

I think I use Ti. I have this strong need to know my mbti type, I feel irritated and frustrated when I don't know what's my mbti type. I heard Ti types often have this strong need to categorize things, so I might be an INFJ afterall.
    You probably are. INFJs are the most complex type after all.