• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Come help type spacewaves! Did a massive questionnaire..fun times!

spacewaves

I'm kind of tired, so I'll probably sound less excited than I normally do. Please help type me! I've never seemed to be able to figure it out. For reference, when I took the test, I get ENFP with pretty even on the F and T.

Personal concepts
1. What is beauty? What is love?
Beauty is the aesthetic value someone gives someone or something. Sometimes, we use the word in an emotional sense, too, as in "sadness is beautiful". Love is when you can't see your future with anyone else but that person.
2. What are your most important values?
I'm very much about pursuing my own happiness without stopping anyone else from doing the same. Vehemently against cheating and crimes upon other people. Trying to make the world a better place is also important to me; my current studies have to do with helping our environment. Especially the ocean. Pee in the ocean all you want, but if you throw plastic in there, you are dead to me. If you hurt my significant other, you're also dead to me..and possibly to the rest of the world!
3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
I guess I'm considered agnostic? Honestly, logically speaking, there's no way anyone can prove there is, or isn't a god. I recently found a paper from when I was in 3rd grade in which I was asked what I "believed in". One of my answers was "Jesus...I guess..?"
4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
Honestly, I've always been quite weak in history and politics (more of a science, maybe English person), so I never feel qualified to answer questions like these. On a gut level, though? I wish we could just talk things out. Killing people is just not okay to me.

Interests

5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
I rant and rant and rant about tons of things! I'll try to refrain from it this time - mostly because I'm tired and feel I should sleep soon - but..I love the ocean! I used to surf a lot (haven't been able to for about a year), and love talking about it. I also just love talking about the ocean and the science behind everything. Marine animals are awesome too, love whales and manatees especially.

I used to be a big physics fan and am hoping to study it again soon. Massive fan. Ocean physics are my favorite. When I was in high school, I would have debates (and win!) about physics nearly every day.

Drumming was a big thing for a while; used to practice 9+ hours a day and played at a well-known cafe when I was in high school. I was extremely happy when I did, felt like I was doing the right thing by me. I wasn't even nervous, even though I've been diagnosed with some anxiety disorder (not sure what, I don't really care, I didn't go to the psych much). Haven't done it recently because I've been very busy and prioritized other hobbies.

Tennis was fun when I did it, I felt I picked it up well pretty quickly. Swimming at the beach and pools is also a great way to spend a day for me. If I'm down in the dumps, my friends will often invite me out to the beach or pool to cheer me up.

I love to read, but seldom actually feel like beginning a book. I get fidgety when I do..have to sort of force myself. When in the thick of it, though, it's hard to put a good book down.

Currently working on a kid's comic that honestly has more teenage to adult fans than kids, haha. Not sure how I feel about that one! It's about the ocean, of course. This is my side project to keep me doing something inherently "creative" while I study (even though science is creative too imo, it's in a different way).

Don't know if this is relevant, but I have a very high IQ. Not sure what was the name of the test I took, but I know that it's 12-17 points higher than the entry requirements for Mensa (my test gave a range rather than a solid number). I just never joined because it's money and it seems kind of pretentious, though I might consider it in the future. Despite this, I'm an idiot, though! I've just read that it can be relevant, before.

Was always the kid in high school who goofed off and didn't take it as seriously as he should. I regret that now, honestly, especially considering it was a private education. I didn't appreciate it enough at the time. I don't regret the fun times I had with my friends though!

Wow, I think I veered waaaay off topic here. Gonna stop now, haha. Basically I have a toon of interests. My back up plan, if the science thing doesn't work out, is becoming a sea captain! Or a carpenter maybe. I don't know much about doing either thing but I'm sure they're fun.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
Yes! I only know the basics of nutrition, health and the like. I would absolutely love to talk to someone who knew lots on the subject. That goes for anything, really, even history and politics! I like to learn about absolutely everything.

I can be a bit self-conscious about my body, but I would say waay less so than the average lady. I'm very in-tune with small pains, hunger, thirst, aches, and things like that. Last time I went running, though, I felt fine, until straight afterwards. Puked. Despite not eating beforehand. Great stuff huh?

7. What do you think of daily chores?
Used to hate them. Now that I see the value in them, I just try to make them fun! Listening to music helps. I've always liked washing dishes and making things look shiny and clean, though. Don't know why.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
I love big ol' ocean textbooks with interesting facts and nice photos. I think they are my favorite type of book! I also think ocean documentaries are my favorite type of film, followed by comedies.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
Saying recent things is a bit too embarrassing, so I'll say when I was younger, I cried a lot when my goldfish died. Had him for a few years and he went too early. Still feel the same way about that sort of thing. Let's just say I had a recent thing with this sunflower I was keeping...it makes no sense, yeah, but the feelings are there.

Smile though - I smile a lot! Smile at jokes, smile at suggestions to do things I like, smile at nice comments..I guess anything that'd make a normal person happy. I tend to be happier than normal when I'm dunked in the water or when I'm studying something and completely dominate it. I also like beating people, especially my lovely significant other, at video games!

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
The ocean. Definitely. I feel clean, relaxed, floaty. My problems are gone, the sun feels nice, and I like to think about the waves and how they work. I like to try to figure out why the waves are currently moving as they are, and wonder about the bathymetry of the sea floor underneath me. It's relaxing.

Evaluation & Behaviour
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
I've been very stressed out recently, so I've gotten upset at silly things to be upset over. Very silly things. I have also been impatient and a bit rude when asked to do things. I have also completely squandered my 'intelligence', if there's still traces of that left! I'm too trusting, as well..or rather, it's not that I'm too trusting, it's that I'm too open with my life to others. My family often says they can't understand what I'm talking about, which confuses me greatly. Never get that from my friends, though.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
Loyalty. I'm also pretty nice. Other people think I'm smart but I honestly don't. My favorite trait is probably my wide variety of interests. I can probably befriend anyone if they give chatting to me a chance.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
My stress, I guess. I don't really feel that in my mind most of the time, it's mostly in my body. Hard to explain. But I wish I didn't get grumpy when I'm stressed. I'm also trying to be more organized.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
Yes..I don't really want to talk about it, but it's a situation mostly beyond my control. Hoping to get out of it soon, it's crunch time this month.

People & Interactions
15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
I like lots of qualities! Optimism, genuine interest in things, passion for something, anything...a willingnless to tolerate my sass and jesting is good too, though that tends to come out when we're very close friends. I tend to withdraw from people who have been obviously depressed for months or years. I feel bad about it, but...when it's all they ever talk about, and they seem to resent my attempts at cheering them up, I feel very drained. Not sure who is which type honestly, so I can't answer the second one!

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
Growing up, I took the idea of having a relationship very, very seriously. I mentally rejected people I even had crushes on just because I knew something with them wouldn't last. Ended up getting with my best friend and am likely getting engaged soon-ish! I feel like if I'm going to have sex, I'd rather not have anything to compare it to..just have my one and only be the best I've ever had! It's perfect for me. I don't judge other people for sleeping around at all, though. One of my best friends does it.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
I'd just want the little bugger to be happy! I do want to raise a child. I'd just be worried I'd be a bad parent, and probably will read a zillion parenting books when I'm pregnant. It's a ways away, though, so I don't have to worry too much yet. Hasn't stopped me from considering names and what type of dog to get to be around them, though.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
I call them out on it, usually. Often, if they don't end up agreeing with me, they'll just do this weird thing where they, I guess, pretend to agree with me to shut me up? I don't mind, though. I like different opinions so I can learn more about the world. Inwardly, I get a bit worried they'll be annoyed, but not enough to stop me. I kind of get a rush from calling people out sometimes.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
I LOVE people, and also hate them I guess! I think 90% of the bad stuff that people do is just someone being in a bad place in their head and reacting badly to it. My most hated human problem is how much we pollute our lovely planet. It affects everyone! Even your dog!

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
I don't really choose my friends! I often give up on people that are too shy and quiet because I don't really understand the line between just beginning conversations often with them, or bugging them to chat. Mostly, though, I can get people to open up pretty easily! I think people see me as a trustworthy, silly person that won't judge them for anything (as long as it doesn't conflict with the morals I talked about at the beginning of this massive, self centered essay!).

21. How do you behave around strangers?
I'm anxious to see strangers normally, but when I'm actually around them, a switch flips in my brain. Then I get very excited and chatty! My significant other's boss actually told him I seemed 'very confident' when I met him. Brain's weird.