User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Mona is unsure

  1. #1

    Default Mona is unsure

    I've been changing my type for a past days, 'till this time it was basically only ENFP vs. INFP and 7w6 vs. 4w3, but lately I started to doubt my Ne+Fi usage and considered using different cognitive functions. I answered a socionics questionnaire, if you want to contribute I'd be glad. I decided not to answer a full questionnaire, you know me anyway so it's more additional info.

    Personal concepts
    1. What is beauty? What is love? Both are highly subjective and their perception as much as their idea depend just on a person. I don't believe there's a general definition of love, or beauty and I don't think such a definition could ever be accurate. My view of beauty is something unordinary, original, something that doesn't afraid to stand out and yet comes out as artistic. It doesn't necessarily have to be aesthetic, it doesn't have to seem perfect, the artistry value in creation of independence is enough for the beauty appreciation. Love is the feeling of being complete, the feeling of being one with the self and the object of a desire. It doesn't have to be person, it can be song, painting. The feeling that the object is touching you internally and you feel strong connection and affection towards the object. Maybe it doesn't even have to be real, the idea of love can be stronger than love itself.. I could fall in love with the idea, I actually I think I am in love with the idea, however falling back to this space and its rules hurts.
    2. What are your most important values? I have a very firm and confident idea about what I want to do with my life and what are my inner set goals, so staying true to them and making sure I'll accomplish them is very important for me. I value being independent intellectually and emotionally, I value originality and novelty, creativity and fantasy, honesty and good intellect. Compassion and help.
    3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place? I've studied religions and spiritual beliefs, but none of them really capture with my idea of reality, so it's hard for me to accept them. I see a lot of generalized spiritual, or religious beliefs as nonsense and usually am critical about their irrationality. I have my own idea, of how things work... I don't believe in god as a being, but I believe in God as a sort of energy that is in all of us and in the whole universe connects people and things and creates harmony. I believe that such an energy could work on very similar princip as electro-magnetism. I don't believe in good, or bad, heaven, or hell. I see morality as flexible and very relative.
    4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you? Power seeking comes out from human's ego, the ego is aware of its existence, the ego itself is not enough for a human, therefore the ego desires to posses something. It depends on a person himself whether he desires an abstract knowledge, or one million dollars. I see power seeking as human weakness and see the real growth in unity, compassion and sharing. Even the idea of states goes against me. However I don't want to see things as black and white and say war is just a natural part of human existence as the existence of the ego. Wars can bring novelty, change and technical prosperity.

    Interests
    5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why? Art, psychology, philosophy, politics, music, fashion. I value art as the expression of individuality and creativity. I like to elaborate on different possible meanings of the art. I like psychology, because I'd like to understand people's nature better and also because it gives me an interesting concept and system I can play with and study. I like philosophy, because it often answers my questions about the world, while it gives me chance to create my own idea about how I see the world and its meaning. I like politics as a simple human system, politics create for me just a system of ideas I can elaborate on and analyse them. I am also looking for a system of politics to relate to and to spot my own ideas in the system which I study. Music is pure aesthetic experience for me, that I often like to share with others at concerts, or during the talks. Fashion is something I value because of its social effects on people and as a tool of self expression.
    6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body? I am not very concerned about my body, however I like alternative approaches such as vegetarian diet. I like to read articles about what foods, or what exercise are good for human's body and usually enjoy gaining such a knowledge, but usually really fail when it comes to its particular implementation.
    7. What do you think of daily chores? I sometimes do make "to do lists" but I usually end up doing things according to how I feel about doing them at very particular moment. Daily chores are not my strong side, I always do them at the last possible time. Sometimes I like to do them only because they are kind of good for daydream. I can get into daydream before even starting them .
    8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome. I am currently reading Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell. A novel about english magicians in 19th century. I can't remember the last movie, but I am a TV show addict! I like Hannibal, American Horror Story, Salem, Penny Dreadful, Under The Dome, Vikings, South Park...
    9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why? I cry when I feel misunderstood by other people.
    I smile when I am in a good company.
    10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging? I don't believe a particular place like this exists? Maybe my own room?

  2. #2
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    I think ENFP from this. I could analyze it all but being at school makes me lazy online.

    I think 4w3 and 7w6 are both definitely in your tritype, but your major focus on identity, self-expression, how others perceive you, etc feels more heart-typey to me which makes me inclined to say 4w3. Pursuing happiness and wanting to feel fulfilled doesn't seem as emphasized here, but maybe if you talked about your personal goals if you were comfortable sharing might give us a better picture.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I think ENFP from this. I could analyze it all but being at school makes me lazy online.

    I think 4w3 and 7w6 are both definitely in your tritype, but your major focus on identity, self-expression, how others perceive you, etc feels more heart-typey to me which makes me inclined to say 4w3. Pursuing happiness and wanting to feel fulfilled doesn't seem as emphasized here, but maybe if you talked about your personal goals if you were comfortable sharing might give us a better picture.
    My personal goal is to be recognized publicly for my work. To reach a certain level of public affirmation of my persona and my expression. I like to express myself artistically, so being successful as an artist is my highest desire, however I have a back up plan. I study journalism and being recognized as a good journalist, or media worker, while I could bring my own insights to people, would be also very fulfilling.

  4. #4
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inis Mona View Post
    My personal goal is to be recognized publicly for my work. To reach a certain level of public affirmation of my persona and my expression. I like to express myself artistically, so being successful as an artist is my highest desire, however I have a back up plan. I study journalism and being recognized as a good journalist, or media worker, while I could bring my own insights to people, would be also very fulfilling.
    Have you considered 3w4? Just a thought.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Have you considered 3w4? Just a thought.
    Yes, I did. However what made me pretty sure I am not a 3 is the fact, that they first work and then deal with their emotions, while I do the exact opposite. They are more goal, than feeling oriented, while when I feel bad, or sad, I can't do anything. I can't overcome my emotions and just start to work like 3 does. Also I am not by far hardworking, I am more nihilistic.

  6. #6
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inis Mona View Post
    I've been changing my type for a past days, 'till this time it was basically only ENFP vs. INFP and 7w6 vs. 4w3, but lately I started to doubt my Ne+Fi usage and considered using different cognitive functions. I answered a socionics questionnaire, if you want to contribute I'd be glad. I decided not to answer a full questionnaire, you know me anyway so it's more additional info.

    Personal concepts
    1. What is beauty? What is love? Both are highly subjective and their perception as much as their idea depend just on a person. I don't believe there's a general definition of love, or beauty and I don't think such a definition could ever be accurate. My view of beauty is something unordinary, original, something that doesn't afraid to stand out and yet comes out as artistic. It doesn't necessarily have to be aesthetic, it doesn't have to seem perfect, the artistry value in creation of independence is enough for the beauty appreciation. Love is the feeling of being complete, the feeling of being one with the self and the object of a desire. It doesn't have to be person, it can be song, painting. The feeling that the object is touching you internally and you feel strong connection and affection towards the object. Maybe it doesn't even have to be real, the idea of love can be stronger than love itself.. I could fall in love with the idea, I actually I think I am in love with the idea, however falling back to this space and its rules hurts.
    2. What are your most important values? I have a very firm and confident idea about what I want to do with my life and what are my inner set goals, so staying true to them and making sure I'll accomplish them is very important for me. I value being independent intellectually and emotionally, I value originality and novelty, creativity and fantasy, honesty and good intellect. Compassion and help.
    3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place? I've studied religions and spiritual beliefs, but none of them really capture with my idea of reality, so it's hard for me to accept them. I see a lot of generalized spiritual, or religious beliefs as nonsense and usually am critical about their irrationality. I have my own idea, of how things work... I don't believe in god as a being, but I believe in God as a sort of energy that is in all of us and in the whole universe connects people and things and creates harmony. I believe that such an energy could work on very similar princip as electro-magnetism. I don't believe in good, or bad, heaven, or hell. I see morality as flexible and very relative.
    4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you? Power seeking comes out from human's ego, the ego is aware of its existence, the ego itself is not enough for a human, therefore the ego desires to posses something. It depends on a person himself whether he desires an abstract knowledge, or one million dollars. I see power seeking as human weakness and see the real growth in unity, compassion and sharing. Even the idea of states goes against me. However I don't want to see things as black and white and say war is just a natural part of human existence as the existence of the ego. Wars can bring novelty, change and technical prosperity.

    Interests
    5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why? Art, psychology, philosophy, politics, music, fashion. I value art as the expression of individuality and creativity. I like to elaborate on different possible meanings of the art. I like psychology, because I'd like to understand people's nature better and also because it gives me an interesting concept and system I can play with and study. I like philosophy, because it often answers my questions about the world, while it gives me chance to create my own idea about how I see the world and its meaning. I like politics as a simple human system, politics create for me just a system of ideas I can elaborate on and analyse them. I am also looking for a system of politics to relate to and to spot my own ideas in the system which I study. Music is pure aesthetic experience for me, that I often like to share with others at concerts, or during the talks. Fashion is something I value because of its social effects on people and as a tool of self expression.
    6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body? I am not very concerned about my body, however I like alternative approaches such as vegetarian diet. I like to read articles about what foods, or what exercise are good for human's body and usually enjoy gaining such a knowledge, but usually really fail when it comes to its particular implementation.
    7. What do you think of daily chores? I sometimes do make "to do lists" but I usually end up doing things according to how I feel about doing them at very particular moment. Daily chores are not my strong side, I always do them at the last possible time. Sometimes I like to do them only because they are kind of good for daydream. I can get into daydream before even starting them .
    8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome. I am currently reading Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell. A novel about english magicians in 19th century. I can't remember the last movie, but I am a TV show addict! I like Hannibal, American Horror Story, Salem, Penny Dreadful, Under The Dome, Vikings, South Park...
    9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why? I cry when I feel misunderstood by other people.
    I smile when I am in a good company.
    10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging? I don't believe a particular place like this exists? Maybe my own room?
    I feel lost and out of touch with what I really want.

    Otherwise, I am about the same as you.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan

  7. #7
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,441

    Default

    Based on this I think INFP 4. More 4 than 7.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  8. #8
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Interesting . But hmmm, i dunno what to say based on what you said, but you strike to me more of NFP than NFJ, but im better at typing people when i can see their expressions, reactions etc. than just from how they describe themselves.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  9. #9

    Default

    @EJCC can you please explain why you think I am rather introvert, than extrovert please? Do you think 4w3, or 4w5?
    @INTP I know, that people's own description of themselves can be fairly inaccurate. I typed myself INFJ, because I really related to Jung's description of Ni, but I don't really relate to MBTI description of INJ. Then also Ni and Fi seem very alike.

  10. #10
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inis Mona View Post
    EJCC can you please explain why you think I am rather introvert, than extrovert please?
    I see a whole lot more Fi in your OP, than Ne. Going by the (questionable but often useful) definitions of extroverts "thinking as they speak" vs. introverts "thinking before they speak", you seem very calculated and therefore introverted. Seems like the Fi type of calculation, making sure what you say is as accurate an expression of your values as you can muster. In contrast I've seen ENFPs fudge that a bit and then have to correct themselves later.

    On the other hand, could be that you're a 4 -- that exactness, I mean. For example @Qlip, ENFP 4, doesn't really vibe like an extrovert online, but he's said that he's super extroverted IRL so I take his word for it. Plus -- thinking out loud here -- I vibe "softer" here than I do on Vent, in the Modbox, or IRL, because the pace of conversation is so slow. Not as much opportunity for my Te to show its head.

    Quote Originally Posted by Inis Mona View Post
    Do you think 4w3, or 4w5?
    You generally vibe 4w3, as do your avatars.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 11:19 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-27-2014, 09:15 AM
  3. I'm unsure about what my type is.. Can you type me?
    By Senka in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-27-2013, 12:41 PM
  4. What type is Janelle Monae?
    By highlander in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-25-2012, 06:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO