User Tag List

First 123

Thread: Mona is unsure

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

My gut says ENFP but my gut has been known to make mistakes...from time to time.

Could the fact you might be a 4 explain why you may seem more introverted than the average ENFP?

ISTJ 1w9 sp/so.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Well i think that the real difference is between feeling before acting and thinking before acting. For example: [...]
    Yeah, I was gonna say, but you caught it, lol. I agree. Maybe a different example would be like:

INFP: I feel tired and like it would be pleasing to go sleep upstairs at my parents', but I really want to sleep with my boyfriend. So I am going to drive home instead.

Not really much Thinking involved there... Mostly just feeling vs. a stronger feeling.

Versus,

INFP: I could stay at my parents' tonight because I'm tired and it would be easier, or go drive home to sleep with my boyfriend because it's pleasing to curl up with him. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning which is closer to my parents' house, and I can sleep at home with my boyfriend tomorrow night. Though, I also have something he needs for work tomorrow, so I guess I have to head back home either tonight or early tomorrow. Kill two birds with one stone if I go tonight.

Te and Fi cooperating.

Incidentally, these are exactly my situations and thoughts right now, lol.
    @Inis Mona... Sorry for the slight OT tangent. I definitely see 4w3 for you. I'm inclined to say ENFP, but I don't have much good reason for why yet. Something about the projected energy level I perceive maybe. Obviously I may just be perceiving it wrong.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

^ I'll take back my vote and go with the majority here. I have a very hard time separating Fi from 4 and vice versa, in part because 1) the only 4s I've known IRL have been INFPs, and 2) because I disintegrate to both Fi and 4 under stress. So in both situations, I've only experienced the two simultaneously.

Interesting how some Enneatypes can make for more subdued extroverts. 4, 5, and 9, especially. Sometimes 1 and 6.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

@Fuzzy Conduit , I think if my enneagram is correctly typed as 4, it could be the reason why I am more introverted, than the other extroverts. 4s are known to be more reserved and in their own head. @skylights It was interesting to read your opinions. I think that to some point I have the gift of communication skills, basically I think communication and language are my strongest side, however I don't know if I use Ne style of talking. I decided to study journalism, because I like to get to the point of issues and then I am good at bringing clear and to the point report of what is going on. I am not like Ne users rambling around about different stuff, jumping from topic to topic.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

ENFP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Inis Mona View Post
    @Fuzzy Conduit , I think if my enneagram is correctly typed as 4, it could be the reason why I am more introverted, than the other extroverts. 4s are known to be more reserved and in their own head. @skylights It was interesting to read your opinions. I think that to some point I have the gift of communication skills, basically I think communication and language are my strongest side, however I don't know if I use Ne style of talking. I decided to study journalism, because I like to get to the point of issues and then I am good at bringing clear and to the point report of what is going on. I am not like Ne users rambling around about different stuff, jumping from topic to topic.
    That sounds like Te to me, actually, supported by Fi. I struggled myself with E/INFP for a long time so I understand the difficulty.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Inis Mona View Post
    Ever consider ISFP? They strike me as being maybe a bit more focused than their INFP cousins. INFJ could also be a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    That sounds like Te to me, actually, supported by Fi. I struggled myself with E/INFP for a long time so I understand the difficulty.
    I am convinced I overuse some T function, but when it comes to aspirational functions I relate more to Si than Te, and I can relate to how INFPs use Si. I think Te is more about organizing the environment based on logical data, while I don't struggle to organize the environment, or people around me, I basically like collecting the informations and sharing them, mostly via written form.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    Ever consider ISFP? They strike me as being maybe a bit more focused than their INFP cousins. INFJ could also be a possibility.
    If there is one thing I am sure of, it's that I am an intuitive type. I can hardly relate to Se

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3

I think ENFP as well. You are very good at expressing your intuition and it makes a lot of sense to me.

(Also, an INFP might be more genuinely inclined to tell rather than ask what they are.)