Most online tests type me as an INTJ and, for a couple years, I thought I was one. Sure, my J/P preference was very slight, but I did recognize myself in INTJ descriptions. And I still do. That's mostly because I am driven and ambitious (but I later realised I focus them internally) and let's just say I can give the INTJ vibe (just as their famous stare of death), and people have noticed that. I honestly don't know what arguments to give in favour of being an INTJ at this point, other than testing as one, which is, more often than not, worthless.
However, as of late, I got more doubtful. The problem with INTJ was mostly its cognitive functions. Reasons why I'm probably an INTP:
- I procrastinate. I am driven, as I said, but I often ask myself what the point of doing it (whatever "it" is) would be and I fall back in my nihilistic pit (it could be blamed on my self-diagnosed depression, though)
- I love analysing things, entertaining multiple possibilities/trying to find multiple interpretations (Ne?), being a little philosopher
- I feel that Ti is my bro-function, I identify with it the most. The problem is, my Te is very developed too, and, generally, if I merely take a test, they score pretty close. So do Ne and Ni, and sometimes I get typed as an INTJ
- I enjoy finding logical inconsistencies and pointing them out
Someone recently told me I struck them as an INFJ in a Ni-Ti loop that suppresses her feelings. I was a bit amazed, but the INFJ description does fit me too. The problem is that I'm not people-oriented. Despite this:
- I can read/understand people and their intentions (INTPs don't seem as good at this)
- I am interested (objectively) in religions, symbolism, archetypes. I am not spiritual myself.
- I do feel kind of alien and disconnected usually
- I can be very affectionate (with my partner, for instance - I just alternate that with being very cold)
I'd say I'm an INTP, but I read that a high Ti can block out Fe, and so can my desire to be objective/unbiased and realistic.
What do INFJ in Ni-Ti loops typically behave like? Could I be one, despite my NT-ish traits? Any input would be greatly appreciated.