User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: xSTP or xNTP?

Default xSTP or xNTP?

Hi guys. I'm not sure if I'm an intuitive or a sensor. I'm CERTAIN of my P/J axis, no way I'm a J. I'm pretty sure to be a thinker. Anyway here are the facts:

xSTP:
    - I've always practiced sports and I'm good at them. I have a really good balance, motor skills, reflexes, I'm a quick runner. I love to feel my body.
    - I want to travel all around the world, to taste every culture, to see and touch by my own eyes and hands.
    - I had serious drugs problems, ended up at the hospital last year. I'm addicted to strong sensations and don't know how to stop! Love to party, I'm not good at restraining myself.

xNTP:
    - My mother says I was the most curious of her children, always asking 'why, how?'
    - I'm smart. I won't be modest, I'm aware that I'm smarter than most of the population. I'll always get what I want. I twist situations all the time and I'm an expert liar
    - I've jumped from obsession to obsession as a kid. I've been into entomology since I'm 5, learning the taxonomy and latin names of insects. Then zoology, then botany. And right now it's psychology.
    - I'm able to size people up in a second. I get the 'big picture' so easily, my humour is stereotypes-related, that's kinda why I love MBTI so much.

Short summary: I'm a simple person, I'll laugh with everyobdy and have a good time. I don't judge, I adapt to everything. I love learning and teaching. I get bored really easily. I believe I'm a 7w8 or 9w8, both fit me. also sp/sx or sx/sp.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Witch View Post
    Hi guys. I'm not sure if I'm an intuitive or a sensor. I'm CERTAIN of my P/J axis, no way I'm a J. I'm pretty sure to be a thinker. Anyway here are the facts:

xSTP:
    - I've always practiced sports and I'm good at them. I have a really good balance, motor skills, reflexes, I'm a quick runner. I love to feel my body.
    - I want to travel all around the world, to taste every culture, to see and touch by my own eyes and hands.
    - I had serious drugs problems, ended up at the hospital last year. I'm addicted to strong sensations and don't know how to stop! Love to party, I'm not good at restraining myself.

xNTP:
    - My mother says I was the most curious of her children, always asking 'why, how?'
    - I'm smart. I won't be modest, I'm aware that I'm smarter than most of the population. I'll always get what I want. I twist situations all the time and I'm an expert liar
    - I've jumped from obsession to obsession as a kid. I've been into entomology since I'm 5, learning the taxonomy and latin names of insects. Then zoology, then botany. And right now it's psychology.
    - I'm able to size people up in a second. I get the 'big picture' so easily, my humour is stereotypes-related, that's kinda why I love MBTI so much.

Short summary: I'm a simple person, I'll laugh with everyobdy and have a good time. I don't judge, I adapt to everything. I love learning and teaching. I get bored really easily. I believe I'm a 7w8 or 9w8, both fit me. also sp/sx or sx/sp.
    I'm going to say SP rather than NP, as you give no actual examples of Ne.

Don't believe the bullshit profiles that say N types are "smarter" than S types, or that S types can't see "the big picture". N types write nearly all the descriptions, so they're a teensy bit biased.

However, youve only said a small amount here, and it's extremely difficult to type someone's text alone. So dont take my word for it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

ISTP

Thank you both for your quick answers! Amalie, I know sensors can be smart, but I'm more of an abstract thinker than a pragmatic person. But yeah I think my P(e) function is Se, not Ne. @chickpea Would you mind explaining why Ti first? I get ISTP a lot on test results. Also your avatar rocks, Louis wain is cool.

MBTI
    ENTP

Thank you both for your quick answers! Amalie, I know sensors can be smart, but I'm more of an abstract thinker than a pragmatic person. But yeah I think my P(e) function is Se, not Ne. @chickpea Would you mind explaining why Ti first? I get ISTP a lot on test results. Also your avatar rocks, Louis wain is cool.
    Could you explain that more? In what ways are you an abstract thinker, and not a pragmatic one? (Sensors can think abstractly. Also, I'll point out ENTPs can be pretty darn pragmatic too).

Everyone has access to both S and N functions.

I lack common sense and moderation... I think about random things (and mostly images. I paint those), I build systems for the fun of it, by abstract I mean no concrete purpose.
    Edit: I know we have access to both, but we mostly use the dominant stack, no?

MBTI
    ENTP

I lack common sense and moderation... I think about random things (and mostly images. I paint those), I build systems for the fun of it, by abstract I mean no concrete purpose.
    Edit: I know we have access to both, but we mostly use the dominant stack, no?
    Lacking common sense and moderation doesn't make you an N, but an idiot. Welcome to the club.

All types can be random, but especially EPs.

'Abstract' doesn't mean "to no concrete purpose". Concrete ideas can serve no purpose whatever, and Abstract ideas can be very important in everyday life.

Also, we don't "use" the functions. You can't switch them on and off at will.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Hey, @Witch.

The difference between STP and NTP will mostly be in the realm of whether you attend to the present and the potential for concrete action/influence (Se), or to the abstract future and its theoretical possibilities (Ne).

As Amalie pointed out, random is the nature of ExxP, and building systems for fun is hallmark TP. Lacking common sense is probably more indicative of N, but if you're on board with Se, I've seen ESxPs miss the common sense boat often enough. My STP little brother is major chem, medicine, and sports car nerd, if that gives you an indication that STPs can be rather surprisingly knowledge about a wealth of subjects. They do more often tend to lean toward the useful end of the spectrum.

Sounds like you have some strong tert Fe working full-throttle for you, lol.

And I think you sound a good bit more 7 than 9...

Quote Originally Posted by Amalie Muller View Post
    Also, we don't "use" the functions. You can't switch them on and off at will.
    Interesting. Personally I actually typically do say "use" with functions because I understand them as cognitive processes/patterns - essentially thinking sequences - we engage. I believe we have the ability to run (or halt) them at any time but perhaps not the awareness to do so.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Hey, @Witch.

The difference between STP and NTP will mostly be in the realm of whether you attend to the present and the potential for concrete action/influence (Se), or to the abstract future and its theoretical possibilities (Ne).

As Amalie pointed out, random is the nature of ExxP, and building systems for fun is hallmark TP. Lacking common sense is probably more indicative of N, but if you're on board with Se, I've seen ESxPs miss the common sense boat often enough. My STP little brother is major chem, medicine, and sports car nerd, if that gives you an indication that STPs can be rather surprisingly knowledge about a wealth of subjects. They do more often tend to lean toward the useful end of the spectrum.

Sounds like you have some strong tert Fe working full-throttle for you, lol.

And I think you sound a good bit more 7 than 9...

Interesting. Personally I actually typically do say "use" with functions because I understand them as cognitive processes/patterns - essentially thinking sequences - we engage. I believe we have the ability to run (or halt) them at any time but perhaps not the awareness to do so.
    I can't really reply to your final paragraph because I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Also, I'm not sure this is the right place for this conversation haha (it will just confuse beginners trying to learn their type, and that's not good!).

Feel free to private message me.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'd say ISTP, which can of course be highly intelligent and curious as a Ti-dom. INTPs are quite spacey about the concrete world and the one's I've known have a little inclination towards sensory hyper-sensitivities and rigidities with their tertiary-Si. You describe a great deal more command of the concrete world, which is indicative of ISTP.

Also, the "sizing people up easily" could be from your inner, little INFJ Ni-Fe. INFJs have a little inner MacGuyver with their Ti-Se lower functions. INTPs have rather strong "theory of mind' empathy and can make sense of others, but it is mostly done through their experience and logic and not their intuition.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.