• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

xSTP or xNTP?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have no reply to your reference to me, as it seems pretty obvious. :)

When it comes to sizing people up, you are right to say ENTPs, ENFPs, and ESTPs are very skilled at this. However, you miss out the other EP type, the ESFPs. ESFPs are just as socially intelligent as the other three.
[MENTION=14857]fia[/MENTION] is correct to say Ni doms are also skilled at sizing people up. However, their Ni is not always very reliable, though the INJ is not naturally inclined to question their insights (they can keep believing a person is the way they originally thought, no matter what the new evidence says). EPs tend not to fall into this trap so much. So yes, INJs can and do have quick insights into people that can border on genius at times -- but this is at best a sometimes thing, as their intuitions are pretty hit-or-miss.

Also, dominant F types with intuition can be exceptionally good at sizing people up -- ENFJs and INFPs. Though each in very different ways.
I think this is correct according to MBTI theory, but it is something I've struggled with because I cannot hold onto any certainty about any person, but I am for certain an introvert, and I think I'm more of the abstract, intuitive type of Ni than Fi-dom. Is it possible for Ni to have some type extreme openness and uncertainty? I've also wondered if it is possible for someone with an extreme dominant function to actually manifest both the introverted and extroverted versions of it. I think I have seen this with extreme Ti-doms. They can feel very much like Te-dom in communication, but are ultimately internally focused in their source of logic and certainty.

I feel that Ni-Fe watches people like it watches a river, relying only on the most underlying concepts as holding certainty. I have noticed some INFJs having a great deal of certitude, but also I have noticed that there tends to be a consistent issue with dichotomy. They need connection and openness, yet are private; they have deep insight, yet can be oblivious; so could Ni be capable of both extreme certitude or equal uncertainty? I think Ni has some propensity towards reconciling extremes that results from internalizing the biggest possible picture of reality that takes all concepts to their extreme possible end points.

Ne is much more fluid as it moves about reality and concepts.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
xSTP. There seems to be the possibility of ESTP in there, but I'm leaning strongly towards ISTP. ISTPs can very well be intelligent, perceptive, and curious, and ESTPs are good at knowing where people are at just by their actions and words. This can be seen as intuition, but it appears you do use some Ne.

Do you seem to get your energy from ideas and when you're on your own more, or when you're active and with others? This seems to be one of the main ways to tell whether you're an introvert or extrovert. If you wanted you could read some descriptions and see which one fits you the best - after all, you do know yourself best.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Text book ESTP 7w8. Probably Sx/Sp.

The E7 accounts for the intellectual tendencies.

Witch

[MENTION=9798]Amalie[/MENTION] Please excuse me for the really late answer, I was busy with work lately!

Wow, that's really interesting. I actually relate a lot to the Ti-Fe description. I have this strong vision of everything being 'One' (including humanity).

Witch

xSTP. There seems to be the possibility of ESTP in there, but I'm leaning strongly towards ISTP. ISTPs can very well be intelligent, perceptive, and curious, and ESTPs are good at knowing where people are at just by their actions and words. This can be seen as intuition, but it appears you do use some Ne.

Do you seem to get your energy from ideas and when you're on your own more, or when you're active and with others? This seems to be one of the main ways to tell whether you're an introvert or extrovert. If you wanted you could read some descriptions and see which one fits you the best - after all, you do know yourself best.

I am good at knowing where people are just by their words and actions, how they dress... Sizing people up and adapting to them comes naturally to me, it's something I can't help. Even my voice/laugh will be different depending on the person I'm with.
I find that most persons exhaust me, and I prefer being alone most of the time because I am free to do what I want as long as I want. I feel others as a burden, for example : I don't eat a lot. I hate it when someone stays over for a few days and always tell me ' I'm hungry' when I'm not, because then I have to find something for them to eat and they go ' Nah I don't like this...' I'm not a complicated person and I find most of people pushy, needy. My best friend is my cousin and she's as simple as me, and THAT energizes me for real! I could live with her and it would totally rock (we would eat toasts and ice cream for supper and the house would be a total mess. Yeeeea)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hi guys. I'm not sure if I'm an intuitive or a sensor. I'm CERTAIN of my P/J axis, no way I'm a J. I'm pretty sure to be a thinker. Anyway here are the facts:

xSTP:
- I've always practiced sports and I'm good at them. I have a really good balance, motor skills, reflexes, I'm a quick runner. I love to feel my body.
- I want to travel all around the world, to taste every culture, to see and touch by my own eyes and hands.
- I had serious drugs problems, ended up at the hospital last year. I'm addicted to strong sensations and don't know how to stop! Love to party, I'm not good at restraining myself.

xNTP:
- My mother says I was the most curious of her children, always asking 'why, how?'
- I'm smart. I won't be modest, I'm aware that I'm smarter than most of the population. I'll always get what I want. I twist situations all the time and I'm an expert liar :gleam:
- I've jumped from obsession to obsession as a kid. I've been into entomology since I'm 5, learning the taxonomy and latin names of insects. Then zoology, then botany. And right now it's psychology.
- I'm able to size people up in a second. I get the 'big picture' so easily, my humour is stereotypes-related, that's kinda why I love MBTI so much.

Short summary: I'm a simple person, I'll laugh with everyobdy and have a good time. I don't judge, I adapt to everything. I love learning and teaching. I get bored really easily. I believe I'm a 7w8 or 9w8, both fit me. also sp/sx or sx/sp.

I'd say STP. They can also be very inquisitive due to the nature of Ti and there's no rule that they're any less smart than NTPs.

Or you could be a INTP 7 (is that combo rare?) who might appear more STPish due to the nature of 7. I've occasionally considered I might in fact be an INTP with 7 in his tritype.

Witch

It's weird but I fit more the 9 description than 7... I know they are kinda contradictory, but I get anxiety a lot if I don't maintain my inner peace. I love to party and being 'wild' does not corrupt this peace. Conflict and 'being pushed', controlled, do.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Text book? Would you mind explaining?
You seem to undertstand that you're xxTP. The E is evident from the fact that you seem outgoing for a xxTP. NTP's are concerned with the meaning behind everything around them, so when they talk (especially the NTPs on here) what they say is very philosophical.

ESTPs are extremely sure of themselves and usually beleive everything they say, like ISTPs. Difference between E and I STPs is that E's are more interactive with others while ISTPs seem only concerned with their own business and are extremely too the point.

The 7w8?
ExTP 7s are always excited and enthusiastic. ExTP 7w8s are the people who always have a plan, and always know how to find the accomplice they need to do said thing with them. ESTP 7w8s in particular could be considered the most sly, cunning, and in their own way can even be the most manipulative of all types. They're fearless and very clever (although they can easily go over-looked for the the latter). I've been close with an ESTP 7w8 since he was born. Agressive, always on the move, doesn't take kindly to no. I don't mind him as long as his doesn't interfere with/bother me.

You seem to be a little more familiar with you're intellectual (I'll call it) side, but that's just nurture. You two seem extremely similiar. He even hates to eat and gets mad when he feels pressured to, always has.

As far as the inner peace thing you just said, that's your Fe, you're 3rd function. The control thing is both ESTP and 7w8 oriented.

You aren't a 9, I promise you that.

EDIT:
I just read more that you wrote what I hadn't read. It only confirms what I wrote. Sizing people up like you said is THE most notorioius traits of ESTPs. Your need to get away from people to recharge, or the fact that they wear you out is simply because you are TP, we are all like this. It's also because So is you're instinctual blind spot, meaning that seeking harmonious interection with groups is not a natural instinct of yours.

I could even give you an example of one from a TV show if you wanted.

Witch

Thank you for clarifying! Really appreciated. And yeah i would like that example :)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's weird but I fit more the 9 description than 7... I know they are kinda contradictory, but I get anxiety a lot if I don't maintain my inner peace. I love to party and being 'wild' does not corrupt this peace. Conflict and 'being pushed', controlled, do.

Maybe you're an ISTP with a 9 in your tritype.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Thank you for clarifying! Really appreciated. And yeah i would like that example :)

Watch this episode of hell on wheels, or just skip to the parts with the guy who almost got hung at the beginning.
[If you're parents have comcast or Verizon just get their sign in info and you can watch]

As blantant an ESTP 7w8 as I can think of.

For some context, Bohannon (the guy he visits), is ESTP 8w7 who has been through a lot of shit (wife and son killed in War). As a person, he's also extremely mature. All worth noting.

roastingmallows

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ESTP. You don't sound like an introvert to me. I would sooner call you an ESFP than an ISTP. I definitely feel Se.