User Tag List

First 78910 Last

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Does the above apply to e4s??? I thought they are about creating some authentic personality or something.
    It does, but it's more complicated. 4s can end up performing as an ideal version of themselves. At the same time they worry that they don't match up to this ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    So it's between head centre and e9.
    Well, seeing as you seriously don't think you're a 6 and 5 is unlikely, it's between 7 and 9. More specifically, I would say either 7w8 and 9w8.

I was going to say I saw an interview on TV of Matthew McConaughey. He seems like a classic 9w8 and a good demonstration of the type.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

I am slowly beginning to see myself as a 7w8. I don’t still feel that I am one, but I am beginning to notice qualities of them in me. Add to it most people who have noticed me on the forum or typed me on chat has typed me as a 7 (thought mostly 7w6, not w8). I think the older I get the more w8ish I have become. So sometimes I wonder, whether it is my tritype 7 that is influenzing me as opposed to the core. However, I just can’t see myself disintegrating into a 1. How does it show? I initially dislike everyone I meet. Does it count? I know e1s are nuttishly judgy.

Also I think 9w8 is easy to relate to, especially to an e7 who isn’t feeling very social or motivated or hyper. Maybe that’s why I see myself as one. I just don’t have that bubbly energy. I always maintain a sense of inner calm much like a e9 though when I speak I sound excited. Also e7s (immature or younger ones) tend to be irresponsible, hyper and reckless/impulsive. I just can’t relate to those qualities. Infact I am responsible, boring (physically, not verbally) and cautious much like a 9. Perhaps as starry said, I am an SO dom and it’s making me be more responsible (something along those lines she said).

One thing is for sure, I am more energetic around people and come across extroverted. Perhaps it’s a e7 quality as well as an MBTI one.

Ooo I just realized, perhaps because I am a SO dom I wasn’t pushy when young (not now, I am quite persuasive now) being too conscious of social hierarchies and I mistook that to be e9.
    Last edited by riva; 06-16-2015 at 07:16 PM.

Enneagram
    9w8

Maybe if you just stripped it down to the bare bones.

Ask yourself: "What's at the core of who I am?"

You know...that sort of thing.

I had lots of people tell me I was a 4 when I first came here. But I knew that I wasn't a 4. I didn't know what I was, only what I wasn't.

Enneagrams are tough nuts to crack sometimes.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

I noticed that you changed your MBTI away from ESTJ. Several people have suggested ENTP, have you given any thought to it? Just wondering. ESTJ never really vibed right with me, but of course you're the only one who can know.
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    I noticed that you changed your MBTI away from ESTJ. Several people have suggested ENTP, have you given any thought to it? Just wondering. ESTJ never really vibed right with me, but of course you're the only one who can know.
    I forgot to rep u earlier. I am not an estj. My previous avatar had an estj looking fox which is why i indicated estj .

I used to type myself as an entp and get typed as an entp 90% of the time.

If someone is typing me i think it's a very safe bet to type me as an EXTP.

Likes themightyfetus liked this post

Bumb

I am definitely settling down on e7. 7w8 to be more presise. It only took about 20 forum plus vent members to point it out. Yes i am not an introspective genius it seems, though at times i feel that way. When it comes to the wing though people are split between 8 and 6.

I am convinced with 8 but attention giving feedback is welcome.

Now to figure out the instinctual variant.
    Likes Chanaynay liked this post

I think 6. Brutally honest, yet gregarious and hesitant to actively call out people's bullshit. I'm under the impression the former is a defense mechanism, hence 6.

I forgot to mention that @Starry recently typed me as an so/sp. I always felt i am a sx second though. But starry is usually right about these things

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    I think 6. Brutally honest, yet gregarious and hesitant to actively call out people's bullshit. I'm under the impression the latter is a defense mechanism, hence 6.
    I actively confront people all the time. I am quite blunt too. However i am not dont-know-the-word to continue to confront people. It's more like fuck you ma you suck. Dont do that again esp to me and walk away than keep fighting about it. I dont have the forum energy especially. Also the drama might overwhelm me.

Also there is another thing which made me suddenly think i might indeed be a so dom. I know which battles to fight where i would be heard.

Schemata Architect CognitiveLiberty's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I second @Cygnus.

I always got the impression you were a 6, although the fact you previously typed as ESTJ would bias me towards 6. The vibe I got, I apologize if I'm completely wrong here, is that you're someone who has a very clear and convicted opinions of judging things in terms of 'correct' and 'incorrect'. Someone who is more driven to push for what you see as competence over ideals. Your writing style (and presumably your cognitive style) seems quite pragmatic and epigrammatic. To put it a bit brashly "Clear away the unnecessary hazy bullshit distractions so we can get on with shit".

However, one other possibility is that what I'm describing as E6 may in fact be E1 as the two are definitely superficially isomorphic, the distinction between the two, simply put is that E1 focuses on "Good and Evil" and E6 more "Correct and Incorrect".

My guess on your tritype
    6w7 so/sp
    9w8/8w9 sx/so (kinda slightly guessing the instinctual variant here)
    3w? sp/so

I'm curious about your MBTI type. You identified with ESTJ for quite a while, what about ESTJ did you identify with, and what made you change your mind.

(also, i'd take it as a compliment that I think you're a healthy 6 and incredulous that you're an 8)
    Johari Nohari
    5 cp6 9w1 4w5 sx/sp | RLUAI | INTP ILI-Ni