User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 96

  1. #41
    Senior Member riva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Then perhaps we could venture saying you're not a Sp-first.

    If I had to take a wild stab at typing, I would say you strike me as a Sx-last, probably leaning towards a So/Sp.
    Hey thank you for your feedback regarding my type )).

    I do get constantly typed as an SO dom on vent also, and SX as my second.

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Yeah, that's another theory, but it's been semi-established by others. The secondary instinct is used to facilitate a sense of security for the primary instinct.
    No, what I was trying to say was that I can vaguely recall you theorizing that the primary function is there to facilitate the secondary function, not the other way around. I guess if that is so, it makes more sense that I am a so/sp.

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Yes, but just be aware that this stuff is not that literal. It's not like Sx-firsts are conscious of a need to feel bonded when they feel jealous. They just (perhaps unconsciously) experience a sense of instability in the relationship. They may simply feel that when they're away from that person that their relationship is threatened.
    Like I said I feel jealously too quite a bit, but this is mostly power related than a relationship fragility scare. I think the two go hand in hand to a certain extent but if I think it's safer to say that I fear my place in their life more so than a relationship scare. This is especially evident when - gulp! - I losing anxiousness regarding relationship scare if or when I realize there isn't much to gain from being closer to them. Sounds terrible doesn't it? However in my defence, I try to maintain relationship with all those who have 'touched' me closely or if I/we have shared something with each other that has moved me in some way.

    If I had Fi, would all that been easier I wonder.

    Edit -

    So probably the SX I feel that I have in me is because of -

    Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    However i am not sure whether it's something i developed after i hit a certain age because i can remember thinking to myself a long long time ago that i often leave a conversation un dug/that i could have had more from the conversation. I think my desire to dig in may have started since then.
    Conclusion?

    Sooooo could it be finalized that I am a so/sp? If so i atleast have my instinctual variant figured out.

    Now for the enneagram..
    .

  2. #42
    Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Conclusion?

    Sooooo could it be finalized that I am a so/sp? If so i atleast have my instinctual variant figured out.

    Now for the enneagram..
    I would only say that tentatively for now. Wait until you figure out your enneatype. Instinctual stackings make more sense when they're combined with a type.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

    I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

    - Emily Bronte

  3. #43
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    @riva,

    I could get on board with So/Sp for you.

    I liked what uumlau wrote here IRT enneatyping:

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau
    Think in terms of what your worst habits are, your worst coping mechanisms. When you encounter problems in everyday life, what is your stupidest pattern of reaction? It's the pattern that works almost all of the time, but you keep on using it even when it doesn't work. In particular, it's the pattern you use when you don't otherwise know how to handle what you are facing. That's your Enneagram type.
    What is your biggest weakness... How do you handle stress, and does it ever get you into trouble?

  4. #44
    Senior Member riva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I am going to read this thread now, to learn all there is to learn about the boy named riva. Soon I shall know his soul.
    We have no souls Nico.

    I feel as though I am stripping myself naked in this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I think of my life more in terms of accomplishment than either adventure or excitement. I wake up in the morning thinking of all the things I want to get done in the day, and how I plan to go about them. Certain things I look forward to as a challenge, or a learning experience, or an opportunity to engage with people I enjoy and respect. Other things are mere drudgery to get out of the way in minimal time.

    Excitement is often a welcome by-product of an especially productive or instructive day. I might solve a particularly troublesome problem, or get everything in the lab to work just right, or do an activity with school kids and have alot of eager learners with great questions in the group. Adventure comes when something unexpected and significant happens. Whether good or bad, if I learn something in the end and have a generally decent outcome, I consider the experience worthwhile.

    (Sorry no help on identifying your enneatype, but you called me out on this question, so here's my answer.)
    Oh hey, thanks for the reply. My question was a Peter Pan phrase

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    @riva,

    I could get on board with So/Sp for you.
    Well that sounds acceptable though it still sounds a bit strange. Maybe I should pin it on me before I begin to frustrate myself and the rest )).

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I liked what uumlau wrote here IRT enneatyping:

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau
    Think in terms of what your worst habits are, your worst coping mechanisms. When you encounter problems in everyday life, what is your stupidest pattern of reaction? It's the pattern that works almost all of the time, but you keep on using it even when it doesn't work. In particular, it's the pattern you use when you don't otherwise know how to handle what you are facing. That's your Enneagram type.
    What is your biggest weakness... How do you handle stress, and does it ever get you into trouble?
    Hmm.. this is hard. This should be easy because this should be something I do regularly.

    Okay what do I do? Rather than analysing it I'd just point out what I remember:

    Sleeping (I sleep it off)
    Mas...ba.... (you know, it relieves stress a fucking lot)
    Listen to music (Wow I seem to be ignoring things a lot)
    All of the above are activities I do when I realize I am defeated - I don't often feel defeated though - or maybe when I think I need to take my mind off things.

    As to what I do when I am facing something I don't know how to handle:

    If I am currently facing with the situation and knows not how to deal with them - as opposed to the above which is to take my mind off things - I mostly, NOT TALK ABOUT IT. I don't believe in sharing my fears with people would get rid of things. I ignore them and deal with them later. The reason I don't like sharing is because mostly people would add to my fear which might turn it into paranoia. I am rarely if not ever paranoid. I let the dust settle and then deal with them.
    .

  5. #45
    Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    @riva

    How avoidant would you say you are when things are going wrong for you? Do you try to distract yourself with other activities? Do you have a lot of highs and lows? Do you tend to over-indulge in things you enjoy?
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

    I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

    - Emily Bronte

  6. #46
    Senior Member riva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    @riva

    How avoidant would you say you are when things are going wrong for you? Do you try to distract yourself with other activities? Do you have a lot of highs and lows? Do you tend to over-indulge in things you enjoy?
    I somehow dragged you into this thread didn't I?

    How avoidant would you say you are when things are going wrong for you?
    I am not avoidant of my issues. I do feel overwhelmed from time to time at work and studies - I have to emphasise on studies here - but I bounce back fast. When overwhelmed I might:

    Sleeping (I sleep it off)
    Mas...ba.... (you know, it relieves stress a fucking lot)
    Listen to music (Wow I seem to be ignoring things a lot)
    However these are stress relievers, not escape methods. When I recover from stress - I am almost always positive - it's not only because I relieved stress for 'one or two days,' it's because I find hope somewhere, cling on to it and find methods to overcome these issues - I usually 'successfully' make habits that would eventually reap me benefits.

    In short: I escape for one or two days, think of methods to overcome issues, feel hopeful, overcome my obstacles - eventually - by working on them. Sometimes (actually a lot of times) I also get lucky albeit I don't wish to be that lucky guy.

    Do you try to distract yourself with other activities?
    No freaking way. I need to overcome my issues lest I feel that I can't enjoy other parts of my life. However I rarely feel stressed, is almost always positive, rarely complains, BUT needs to solve my issues before enjoying other areas of life.

    Do you have a lot of highs and lows?
    I am content and happy. Most have high 'content' moments, very very few lows and the highs are balanced. I don't jump off cliffs or quite my job whenever I feel I won a lottery or if I win a lottery.

    Do you tend to over-indulge in things you enjoy?
    The ONLY area that I have constantly suffered at is my academics. I let my self down on it over and over again. I might have ADD - which is unheard of where I come from - which is why I can't sit and concentrate for too long. However I force myself to allocate time to study (from 7.30 to 9.30 etc). However I have a hard time sticking to it and this is probably the only area in life that I ignore and indulge in activities I like.

    I am absolutely positive that I would overcome this issue one day though.
    .

  7. #47
    Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    I somehow dragged you into this thread didn't I?
    All I need is an in.

    6 and 7 are sounding less likely to me. What do you think about 9w8?

    Quote Originally Posted by Typewatch Enneagram Type Descriptions
    9w8 is about calmness(nine) from a position of strength(eight). They choose to be calm as opposed to feeling they have to maintain being calm to avoid conflict or estrangement like a 9w1. They don't invite conflict but don't shy away from it either as they nip conflict in the bud as quickly as possible. They are the most "chill" of the instinctive triaders. They have the best balance in their personal boundaries as they are halfway in between being a doormat and dominating others. This is why they are generally the most likeable of all subtypes.

    9w8 is called the "comfort-seeker" and wants to make life easier for themselves. They are firmly grounded in their bodies with an emphasis on being physically comfortable. Hardly anything bothers them. They aren't nearly as hard on themselves as 9w1s. They are easygoing but can be direct with others if forced out of their comfort zone as they are much more assertive than their 9w1 siblings. While they have a bias towards letting things work out on their own they have no problem stepping in and settling things.

    9w8s have an ego in being grounded in reality. They pride themselves in being simple regular people. They take pleasure in noticing when there isn't any point to discussing something, often to the extent of exhibiting a "who cares" apathy. Asserting their self-importance certainly falls in that category. While they are realistic about themselves they have a tendency to be underestimated by others. Like eights they play down and trivialize what's not worth dwelling on as "no big deal". Not getting what they want is also declared "no big deal" and therefore not that important. They tend to be attracted to the outdoors and other physical activities. They mainly fear permanently losing loved ones.

    9w8s are more genial and practical. They are significantly less withdrawn than 9w1s. Although they are less intuitive than 9w1s, they have a natural sense of rhythm for the ebb and flow of things around them. They have an ability to make anyone like them even when they are being irreverent and mischevious. They have an "it's all good" attitude as nothing appears to bother them. In response to a prank they might go "nice one" whereas a 9w1 would initially seem dazed and taken aback before saying it's alright. 9w8s have an overt(eight) haze(nine) in comparison to the more repressed(one) haze(nine) of 9w1s. Like all 9s they have trouble expressing anger directly and become less focused when they do. Their 8 wing though makes them more able to blow off steam by expressing anger physically at least, like throwing stuff in fustration.
    Source

    Actually my Dad is a 9w8 So/Sp. It would be funny if you turned out to be one
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

    I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

    - Emily Bronte

  8. #48
    Senior Member riva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    All I need is an in.

    6 and 7 are sounding less likely to me. What do you think about 9w8?



    Source

    Actually my Dad is a 9w8 So/Sp. It would be funny if you turned out to be one
    Well i am glad you are in.

    That description was spot on BUT it's all positive, so i have no issue aggreing with it at all .

    A few issues i have with the description and other 9 descriptions are the emphasis in inabilities to express anger and the doormat treatments. I do not have an issue expressing anger at all - afterwhich it feels kinda good, unless there will be consequences in the future but sometimes even if there are consequences and unless i yelled at a loved one, my father estj 8w7 and i have a lot of issues here although we are almost always on good terms. And i never allow to get treated like a doormat. I DONT TAKE punches at all. Infact sometimes i think - esp when dealing with my father - that i should learn to back down so as to not hurt feelings. With anyone else and everyone else it's stand my ground and fight.

    I made this point earlier that so many 9w8 characters (spike spiegel and annie lioneart who are both coincudentally istps) though are obviously 9s are the opposite of doormats and backoffs. I can relate to that sort of aggression though i can't relate to their lack of communications, expressions, drive to socialize etc. I think they are both sp/sxs.

    Sooo could i be a 9w8 so/sp? Maybe if i am a 9 even sx dom could benon the table though it itches to think muself as one.

    My w8 might be so strong because i have a estj 8w7 father and a estp counterphobic 6w7 sister. And my social needs could be a e3 intergration or maybe even so influence. My image focus us definitely a e3 influenze.

    Lolz at the comparison to your dad. Orangeappled typed me as entp 7w8 and compared me to her dad twice, afterwhich it felt really awkward to hit on her any further. I think it's a trick of her's so that i wouldn't hit on her again .
    .

  9. #49
    Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Well i am glad you are in.

    That description was spot on BUT it's all positive, so i have no issue aggreing with it at all .

    A few issues i have with the description and other 9 descriptions are the emphasis in inabilities to express anger and the doormat treatments. I do not have an issue expressing anger at all - afterwhich it feels kinda good, unless there will be consequences in the future but sometimes even if there are consequences and unless i yelled at a loved one, my father estj 8w7 and i have a lot of issues here although we are almost always on good terms. And i never allow to get treated like a doormat. I DONT TAKE punches at all. Infact sometimes i think - esp when dealing with my father - that i should learn to back down so as to not hurt feelings. With anyone else and everyone else it's stand my ground and fight.

    I made this point earlier that so many 9w8 characters (spike spiegel and annie lioneart who are both coincudentally istps) though are obviously 9s are the opposite of doormats and backoffs. I can relate to that sort of aggression though i can't relate to their lack of communications, expressions, drive to socialize etc. I think they are both sp/sxs.
    This does make you sound 8-ish. I would emphasise the "calmness as a sign of strength" aspect of the 9w8 - based on my own personal experience this is integral to type. They don't lack the ability to express anger; they simply choose not to. If you think of 8s as being about control and power, with 9w8s it's about the zen power of self-possession.

    I also think a lot of the 9 descriptions have more of a 9w1 lean to them. I'll try to find some better descriptions to help figure it out.

    Sooo could i be a 9w8 so/sp? Maybe if i am a 9 even sx dom could benon the table though it itches to think muself as one.
    If you were a 9 would certainly have a big effect on how your instincts come across (this is partly why I was circumspect about making claims about your instincts). I would think a Sexual 9 would be a pretty mellow Sx-first, comparatively.

    What about this:

    9 Stacks

    Sexual/Social

    This subtype of Nine may appear least like a stereotypical Nine because the outward sexual and social energies obscure some of the withdrawing and “zoning out” tendencies of the Nine. These Nines are the most connected and assertive of the subtypes of Nine, especially when it comes to relationships. There is still some internal struggle, as with the sexual/self-pres, but overall there is less of a tendency to withdraw. With the self-pres instinct last, this subtype can neglect self-preservational needs in favor of the intensity of their sexual instinct’s pursuits. Individuals of this subtype could easily be mistaken for the dominant wing, because the sexual energy tends to flow in a manner similar to the energy of the wing. A Nine with a One wing would therefore appear more One-like and a Nine with Eight might be mistaken for an Eight.

    The central conflict for these Nines will still be in the realm of close intimate relationships and these Nines will have many of the same issues and challenges as the sexual/self-pres Nines.
    Does that address some of your uncertainties?

    Lolz at the comparison to your dad. Orangeappled typed me as entp 7w8 and compared me to her dad twice, afterwhich it felt really awkward to hit on her any further. I think it's a trick of her's so that i wouldn't hit on her again .
    Oh no, you've been dad-zoned! But seriously, I don't think she would have meant it like that.

    Actually 9w8 (along with 2w3) is just about the last option I think of when typing someone, so my remark was more of surprise. I don't know whether those types are rare or they just seem that way. I wonder if this may have been a factor in why you seem hard to type.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

    I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

    - Emily Bronte

  10. #50
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Cool @Southern Kross, good questions!!

    Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Well i am glad you are in.

    That description was spot on BUT it's all positive, so i have no issue aggreing with it at all .

    A few issues i have with the description and other 9 descriptions are the emphasis in inabilities to express anger and the doormat treatments. I do not have an issue expressing anger at all - afterwhich it feels kinda good, unless there will be consequences in the future but sometimes even if there are consequences and unless i yelled at a loved one, my father estj 8w7 and i have a lot of issues here although we are almost always on good terms. And i never allow to get treated like a doormat. I DONT TAKE punches at all. Infact sometimes i think - esp when dealing with my father - that i should learn to back down so as to not hurt feelings. With anyone else and everyone else it's stand my ground and fight.

    I made this point earlier that so many 9w8 characters (spike spiegel and annie lioneart who are both coincudentally istps) though are obviously 9s are the opposite of doormats and backoffs. I can relate to that sort of aggression though i can't relate to their lack of communications, expressions, drive to socialize etc. I think they are both sp/sxs.

    Sooo could i be a 9w8 so/sp? Maybe if i am a 9 even sx dom could benon the table though it itches to think muself as one.

    My w8 might be so strong because i have a estj 8w7 father and a estp counterphobic 6w7 sister. And my social needs could be a e3 intergration or maybe even so influence. My image focus us definitely a e3 influenze.

    Lolz at the comparison to your dad. Orangeappled typed me as entp 7w8 and compared me to her dad twice, afterwhich it felt really awkward to hit on her any further. I think it's a trick of her's so that i wouldn't hit on her again .
    Yeah, Riva, my little brother is an 9w8 sp/sx,and he definitely is not shy about expressing his anger when he gets pissed off. He's kind of quiet about it, though - he's pretty protective and only really gets angry when his girlfriend gets herself into dangerous situations, and then he is surprisingly assertive towards her. Or if someone endangers his space or his stuff. Otherwise he's pretty chill. He and I would get in awful fights when we were younger, too. Neither of us likes backing down, lol.

    I think 9 descriptions, in addition to typically being geared towards w1, are also typically geared towards INxPs, and for any other type, there are going to be some differences. If it's true that you're an ENTP, you're going to be more outspoken, blunt, adventurous, and energetic than the average 9.

    Just for curiosity's sake, here's a 9w8 so/sp, the BlissStream description -


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 92
    Last Post: 08-21-2016, 02:56 PM
  2. [E8] An INFP with an enneagram 8?
    By Bubbles in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 07-12-2016, 11:36 PM
  3. help me with my enneagram type?!
    By 475617 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-11-2013, 08:51 AM
  4. How do you decide on an enneagram type?
    By Silveresque in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 02:29 PM
  5. Can anyone help me with my Enneagram type?
    By faultyideal in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 08:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO