User Tag List

First 8910

Results 91 to 96 of 96

  1. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CognitiveLiberty View Post
    I second @Cygnus.

    I always got the impression you were a 6, although the fact you previously typed as ESTJ would bias me towards 6. The vibe I got, I apologize if I'm completely wrong here, is that you're someone who has a very clear and convicted opinions of judging things in terms of 'correct' and 'incorrect'. Someone who is more driven to push for what you see as competence over ideals. Your writing style (and presumably your cognitive style) seems quite pragmatic and epigrammatic. To put it a bit brashly "Clear away the unnecessary hazy bullshit distractions so we can get on with shit".

    However, one other possibility is that what I'm describing as E6 may in fact be E1 as the two are definitely superficially isomorphic, the distinction between the two, simply put is that E1 focuses on "Good and Evil" and E6 more "Correct and Incorrect".

    My guess on your tritype
    6w7 so/sp
    9w8/8w9 sx/so (kinda slightly guessing the instinctual variant here)
    3w? sp/so

    I'm curious about your MBTI type. You identified with ESTJ for quite a while, what about ESTJ did you identify with, and what made you change your mind.

    (also, i'd take it as a compliment that I think you're a healthy 6 and incredulous that you're an 8)
    I think more of what I'm getting is that he's more selective in the bullshit he chooses to clear out. Like an 8 would just actively charge all over the place while a 6 would use the same tricks from a more defensive position. Or, a 6 would use honesty to ease communication, but he'd care more about giving a straight answer to anyone who asked rather than playing power games with it. The former seems more like Riva. Worthiness to communicate with him is not a factor -- the delivery of facts is more important than the nature of the recipient.

    But none of this seems to explicitly contradict 7 either, except maybe an absence of Positive Outlook.
    Likes CognitiveLiberty liked this post

  2. #92
    Schemata Architect CognitiveLiberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Yeah I didn't express it that well, but I think we're on the same page here. It's very sort of troubleshooting and 'practical' communication, it's about giving people the facts rather than arguing and 'fighting' for the sake of it. The latter is much more characteristic of 8, while 6 is more objective and dispassionate
    Johari Nohari
    5 cp6 9w1 4w5 sx/sp | RLUAI | INTP ILI-Ni

  3. #93
    Senior Member riva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CognitiveLiberty View Post
    I second @Cygnus.

    I always got the impression you were a 6, although the fact you previously typed as ESTJ would bias me towards 6. The vibe I got, I apologize if I'm completely wrong here, is that you're someone who has a very clear and convicted opinions of judging things in terms of 'correct' and 'incorrect'. Someone who is more driven to push for what you see as competence over ideals. Your writing style (and presumably your cognitive style) seems quite pragmatic and epigrammatic. To put it a bit brashly "Clear away the unnecessary hazy bullshit distractions so we can get on with shit".

    However, one other possibility is that what I'm describing as E6 may in fact be E1 as the two are definitely superficially isomorphic, the distinction between the two, simply put is that E1 focuses on "Good and Evil" and E6 more "Correct and Incorrect".

    My guess on your tritype
    6w7 so/sp
    9w8/8w9 sx/so (kinda slightly guessing the instinctual variant here)
    3w? sp/so

    I'm curious about your MBTI type. You identified with ESTJ for quite a while, what about ESTJ did you identify with, and what made you change your mind.

    (also, i'd take it as a compliment that I think you're a healthy 6 and incredulous that you're an 8)
    Oh I was never an ESTJ to begin with. I found an avatar that looked like an ESTJ character that I used to use, so I changed my type to ESTJ to match the avatar. If there is anything I am not, it’s a J.

    I don’t ever try to control people. I will often convince people to do what I want but controlling and being domineering are something I can’t do and it disgusts me to see people who do so (being domineering). I’ve only been suggested e8 as a tritype once in my 7 year period as a member in this forum. (I initially joined in 2008 Oct.) I initially joined as an ENTP by the way, which I stopped typing myself as at around 2010/11.

    I do not control and I am definitely NOT domineering. I do enthusiastically convince and I am quite good at that.

    I am actually not very opinionated except for a few aspects of life. I don’t believe in good and evil or correct and wrong. Separation of church/religion and state is one of the main things I could think of where I am opinionated. However, I would gladly shift this opinion if it serves a temporary practical purpose.

    I think I do come across as opinionated though. I am strong with words and get a point across quite well esp in RL. This may come across as being opinionated to an onlooker. However, I would say I am MORE opinionated than not if I was to select between two extremes of being opinionated or the concept of live and let live.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    I think more of what I'm getting is that he's more selective in the bullshit he chooses to clear out. Like an 8 would just actively charge all over the place while a 6 would use the same tricks from a more defensive position. Or, a 6 would use honesty to ease communication, but he'd care more about giving a straight answer to anyone who asked rather than playing power games with it. The former seems more like Riva. Worthiness to communicate with him is not a factor -- the delivery of facts is more important than the nature of the recipient.

    But none of this seems to explicitly contradict 7 either, except maybe an absence of Positive Outlook.
    I think most of what you wrote here is inaccurate.

    E6s might not play power games with you, but they would take an argument to their own deaths. An e8 will think he is wasting his time and back off.

    I think your point about e8s actively charging vs e6 would choose a more defensive position is wrong. E6s feel very personal about their opinions. This is why they get so offended and create so much drama when people disagree with even their most trivial stances. It seems hilarious how offended e6s get and how often they butt heads with others over the smallest things.

    A former member who is an e6 once explained why this is. ‘When someone rejects their opinion they feel rejected as a person. You see they are anxious and nervous quite often and therefore look for securities. Believing in something (even the smallest thing) is kind of like a security (I can’t remember exactly what that person said). Then they begin to relate to this and when someone rejects this opinion it drives them nuts. It sends them to a counterphobic drama episode.’ Have you ever seen a CP 6 back down from something? They keep fighting keep fighting and keep fighting eventhough what they are fighting for wouldn’t have any profit.

    E8s on the otherhand would openly butt heads with others if there is something to be gained. They are cunning enough to calculate what is important and what is not unlike an e6. Although an e8 might not accept defeat you seldom see one pushing an argument which has been rejected or getting worried over an opinion like an e6 would. If it threatens their security, then they will keep fighting. However, opinions/words aren’t much worth fighting for if it doesn’t serve a purpose they probably think.


    Also I am NOT claiming e8 here. Having an e8 wing doesn’t mean one would come across as strongly as an original e8. W8s are pushy but they are not domineering. I can be pushy, but I am not domineering.
    .

  4. #94
    Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Posts
    3,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    he is not Social 7 (they are more like New Age-y, pseudo-spiritual liberals who pride themselves in how much "global awareness" they have)


    @OP
    7w6 Sp/So (maybe Sp/Sx)
    I think you may have 7s confused with 4s.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

    "I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

    ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?


    Johari Nohari

    https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

  5. #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    841

    Default

    6w7

  6. #96
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captain curmudgeon View Post
    I think you may have 7s confused with 4s.
    no, I don't. I recommend Beatrice Chestnut's description
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 92
    Last Post: 08-21-2016, 02:56 PM
  2. [E8] An INFP with an enneagram 8?
    By Bubbles in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 07-12-2016, 11:36 PM
  3. help me with my enneagram type?!
    By 475617 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-11-2013, 08:51 AM
  4. How do you decide on an enneagram type?
    By Silveresque in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 02:29 PM
  5. Can anyone help me with my Enneagram type?
    By faultyideal in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 08:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO