First 456

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by stephsharik View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm ti-dom with or an ni-dom. Both appear to be equally strong.

I've read a lot about the cognitive functions, but I'm on the fence here. It seems that my CFs are all jumbled.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by stephsharik View Post
    I understand that. But because I am a naturalist and not an extreme idealist I don't trust my subjective understanding and experience. I was looking for some perspective. A "second opinion", if you will.
    Notice that the moment I turned into a jackass when I stopped taking y'all seriously.
    But if it makes you feel better, you did help a bit.

Basically I'm back to my starting point, when I first took the test and even got interested in typology.
    I'm an NT. That's something to go on.
    Naturalism is a weird philosophy! What makes you so confident the natural world is all there is?

Jungian typology is not a science. It is a theory to explain the human psyche (not the physical brain, etc.) so it may not be for you.
    I

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Amalie Muller View Post
    Well yes, I think you're probably INTP. Not an Ne dom, because they repress Si, and you don't appear to. But with higher Ne than Si (so INxP).

I don't see much Ti, but you appear to have Fe rather than Fi, and inferior Fe at that. (INFJs tend to thank people who try to help them, for example, while TPs often criticize the value of the help.)
    I agree, but not in the sense that you've actually done any Jungian analysis. Only because Perceiving (as in the last letter) is easily bored by novelty and must move onto the next thing. The problem with @stephsharik is that he doesn't give any specific examples, only generalities. But that in itself indicates a bias toward one function in particular.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I agree, but not in the sense that you've actually done any Jungian analysis. Only because Perceiving (as in the last letter) is easily bored by novelty and must move onto the next thing. The problem with @stephsharik is that he doesn't give any specific examples, only generalities. But that in itself indicates a bias toward one function in particular.
    Well of course. "Analysis" is, as I'm sure you know, for wimps.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Well of course. "Analysis" is, as I'm sure you know, for wimps.
    Big tongue? Or as you would spell it, "tounge"?

MBTI
    ENTP

Big tongue? Or as you would spell it, "tounge"?
    Never measured it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hysteria View Post
    You don't at all sound like an INFJ to me. Either an INTP, or a depressed INTJ.
    Out of curiosity, why would depression be a factor?

Naturalism is a weird philosophy! What makes you so confident the natural world is all there is?

Jungian typology is not a science. It is a theory to explain the human psyche (not the physical brain, etc.) so it may not be for you.
    I
    Between Naturalism, Dualism, and Idealism, I go with Naturalism because there is no evidence for the other options.

I know that typology isn't scientific, but that doesn't disqualify its usefulness.

What kind of specific examples would you like? I intentionally avoided giving them, since memory is unreliable and I didn't want to skew the example to support a specific cognitive function. I also wanted to avoid outlying examples that were not representative of my personality.
    In other words, (setting aside the fact that I tend speak in generalities rather than specifics) I was doing my best to avoid bias.
    The most unbiased (bias being mine) evaluation I received was the first five times I took the Myers Briggs test and kept getting INTJ.
    Then I discovered Cognitive Functions and everything sort of went downhill from there.

And lastly, I apologize for being snarky and rude.
    In criticizing, I was not criticizing the value of the input, per se. I criticize to get more perspective, to explore other angles. I evaluate each response that follows to get a bigger picture understanding.

I feed the discussion more and detailed information to see how it will evolve and what the end result would be.