User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Ok, INTP then.
    Uh, no. Any type can enjoy puzzles and challenges.

But I'm sure you know that.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Amalie Muller View Post
    Uh, no. Any type can enjoy puzzles and challenges.

But I'm sure you know that.
    Yes. But what KIND of puzzles and challenges? Climbing a mountain without a rope is a physical challenge, but this is a mental challenge.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENTP

Yes. But what KIND of puzzles and challenges? Climbing a mountain without a rope is a physical challenge, but this is a mental challenge.
    Any personality type can enjoy MENTAL challenges too. AND physical challenges.

Of course, generally some types go one way in their interests, and others go towards the other. But on an individual basis, there are no strict rules.

Also, I'll point out some physical challenges are also mental challenges -- some sports, for example. There aren't two perfectly distinct categories.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Any personality type can enjoy MENTAL challenges too. AND physical challenges.

Of course, generally some types go one way in their interests, and others go towards the other. But on an individual basis, there are no strict rules.

Also, I'll point out some physical challenges are also mental challenges -- some sports, for example. There aren't two perfectly distinct categories.
    Jungian functions are perfectly distinct categories. If we don't use them, and instead, allow ourselves to be constantly confused by the infinite vagaries that humans are prone to, then there's no point in doing typology.

MBTI
    ENTP

Jungian functions are perfectly distinct categories. If we don't use them, and instead, allow ourselves to be constantly confused by the infinite vagaries that humans are prone to, then there's no point in doing typology.
    Firstly, we don't "use" cognitive functions.

Secondly, "cognitive functions" don't actually exist as perfectly distinct categories, but are a very simplified way of describing and understanding something extremely complicated and indistinct -- the human psyche.

Thirdly, there is no "point" in doing typology anyway, is there. Other than for the fun of it.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Firstly, we don't "use" cognitive functions.

Secondly, "cognitive functions" don't actually exist as perfectly distinct categories, but are a very simplified way of describing and understanding something extremely complicated and indistinct -- the human psyche.

Thirdly, there is no "point" in doing typology anyway, is there. Other than for the fun of it.
    Of course we use cognitive functions. We use them to categorize personalities and behaviors. What did you think I meant? And did I say that functions actually exist as distinct categories, as with a pure type? There are no pure types in reality. But if you think typology is so much fun, then why are you so adamant about taking the fun out of it for me?

How are we meant to help? You give no reasons why you think you're Ti or Ni!
    That's true and my bad.

What was really confusing me was that I would read about the cognitive functions and feel that they all applied to me in certain ways at certain times.

Ti: I have a storehouse of information that can be likened to a structure. I find myself often coming to valid but unsound conclusions - usually because my starting premise was a bit off. I have esoteric and seemingly random knowledge about any given number of topics and have no trouble recalling them.

Ni: I make connections between ideas very quickly and sometimes in ways that others couldn't, for some reason. I often tie together a wide range of information to come to conclusions. I often know, without using any sort of deduction, what a person is going to say just before they say it. I pick up on trends and get a rough "feel" for what's going to happen soon.

Both are a part of my everyday life. I don't really experience them in conjuction.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by stephsharik View Post
    That's true and my bad.

What was really confusing me was that I would read about the cognitive functions and feel that they all applied to me in certain ways at certain times.

Ti: I have a storehouse of information that can be likened to a structure. I find myself often coming to valid but unsound conclusions - usually because my starting premise was a bit off. I have esoteric and seemingly random knowledge about any given number of topics and have no trouble recalling them.

Ni: I make connections between ideas very quickly and sometimes in ways that others couldn't, for some reason. I often tie together a wide range of information to come to conclusions. I often know, without using any sort of deduction, what a person is going to say just before they say it. I pick up on trends and get a rough "feel" for what's going to happen soon.

Both are a part of my everyday life. I don't really experience them in conjuction.
    Could you also list reasons you DON'T relate to these function descriptions?

And doing the same for the other six functions would be helpful too.

MBTI
    ENTP

That's true and my bad.

Most of what you describe in the Ti section is probably Si, or a side-effect of Te.

Those Ni examples could also describe Ne. It's just intuition generally.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

That's true and my bad.

That's Ne, not Ni.