User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I identify with significant portions of that. However, I'm an Aries. I think horoscopes of necessity are guilty of exploiting the Forer effect.
    i think she's just using this to figure out her mbti.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    i am not bossy so much as opinionated---if i have an opinion and am genuinely curious, i don't act like a shrinking violet, stereo-typical, run from debate infp; but i listen to what is said and will change my mind if it makes sense...actually, i store everything and have even years later told people that i thought they were right after all about something i had originally disagreed with them. if i don't have an opinion or think something is boring, i say nothing unless forced.
    My opinion is INFP but with developing Te. You might find this post helpful.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

It resembles the description of two persons, other with moderate E, other with moderate I. Both persons have strong T and F, so they dont describe any one MBTI type the way we've used to see.

it's IN*J and EN*J, * marking the existence of both T and F.

those with moderate neuroticism, which is not handled that much in MBTI.

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    It resembles the description of two persons, other with moderate E, other with moderate I. Both persons have strong T and F, so they dont describe any one MBTI type the way we've used to see.

it's IN*J and EN*J, * marking the existence of both T and F.

those with moderate neuroticism, which is not handled that much in MBTI.
    my f and my t are almost 50/50 on every test i have taken but the f is always a little more--would this account for it?

i do not think i am a J, i have too hard a time with Js

sometimes i do wonder if i am really just a damaged enfp...but i haven't really dealt with enough infps or enfps in real life to know if i am like them or not--two of my most favorite people ever where exfps (i think Ss but not sure) and a third was an entp...

the socionics description of an infp is pretty accurate for me, the only one i identify with...though i noticed on infpgc that it was voted "least accurate" but i don't identify very strongly with them... :-/
    none of us, no, not one is perfect, and were we to love none who had imperfections, this world would be a desert for our love

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

the socionics description of an infp is pretty accurate for me, the only one i identify with...though i noticed on infpgc that it was voted "least accurate" but i don't identify very strongly with them... :-/
    Typically, a Socionics infp = MBTI infj.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    WOLF

I identified with a lot of it, but I could also see a lot of INTJ in the description.

Meursault, how do you view a damaged ENFP? it was your bolded parts I identified with most in the description.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

The bolded text in the description describes Ni more than anything else to me. As to J vs P. I have issues with many test questions focusing more on the neat, tidy, external organization qualities and doesn't address mental structure which is what INxJ is mostly about.

Side note: I'm a J, but testing typically say I'm a P more than a J.

I'm pretty sure they were referring to the INFP. The following stuck out to me as very INFP.

Even in company they are fiercely independent, refusing to follow the crowd.
    (INFJs don't follow the crowd either but they don't have a compulsion for it that I see in INFPs, where sometimes they refuse to follow the crowd for the idea of being unique in itself.

They dislike interference by others, however helpfully intended, and will accept it only on their own terms.

(INFPs are some of the worse people in accepting criticism - especially if it's related to something creative they take pride in; their writing for instance)

Normally they have good taste in drama, music and art, and are also gifted in the arts, especially drama.
    (They tend to be, in my opinion, the most talented in the creative arts of all types, especially creative writing)

They sometimes appear to condescend to others and take too little trouble to cultivate the acquaintance of people who do not particularly appeal to them.
    (INFJs are typically not nearly as condescending as the INFP)

Simmering anger and resentment, rudeness or, worse, a tense, threatening silence which may suddenly burst out in eruptions of extreme temper

(This is somewhat true of all introverts, but I think INFPs are more guilty of this than most)

In spite of the often intensely magnetic, forthcoming and open personality of the more extrovert kind of Aquarian

(Could be just coincidence, but most INFPs I know are far more outgoing than the INFJs I know and genuinely seem to enjoy the spotlight, if they're around people they like; I've never seen an INFJ exhibit this behavior, even temporarily)

sometimes disappointed emotionally because their own high personal ideals cause them to demand more of others than is reasonable

(Both types have have high personal ideals but I think the INFPs typically demand more of others than an INFJ. I've had several INFPs blow up at me, and others close to them, because we weren't being "good friends". The INFJs didn't expect as much out of me, because they knew me better and are generally more self reliant, emotionally)

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    I identified with a lot of it, but I could also see a lot of INTJ in the description.

Meursault, how do you view a damaged ENFP? it was your bolded parts I identified with most in the description.
    well, i dunno really, but sometimes the enfp description seems more like me...a damaged enfp i guess would hide from the world like an infp, but not because they were created that way but because of what life did to them, so it wouldn't really be natural for them, because they are really an E not an I...so probably they would get a little bit crazy...*shrugs*

Typically, a Socionics infp = MBTI infj.
    i've heard about the p and j being reversed on socionics but the descriptions of what is p and what is j seemed the same as mbti, and when i took the test at socionics i came up infp there too...why do people say the p and j at socionics are reversed?

meanlittlechimp--i've only known one other infp in real life that i am aware of--he seemed a lot like me and was very easy for me to interact with, but we didn't know each other well, so most of the things you highlighted from my original post were not apparent...

out of curiosity: how many of the posters here are in their 30s or older? i am wondering if a lot of people's impressions of types are age-determinant.
    none of us, no, not one is perfect, and were we to love none who had imperfections, this world would be a desert for our love

meanlittlechimp--i've only known one other infp in real life that i am aware of--he seemed a lot like me and was very easy for me to interact with, but we didn't know each other well, so most of the things you highlighted from my original post were not apparent...
    I would have never known the things about the INFPs I was speaking of until I became close to them. Before I became close to them, they actually seemed like sharp witted, good natured, extroverts with insatiable thirst for knowledge, but especially in the humanities. I never would have imagined the darker side of them, until I lived with one for 4 years.

Oh and I agree with the other poster, every INFJ I know is sure of their type once they familiarize themselves with MBTI. I notice many INFPs confuse themselves with INFJ, but I actually think the ENFP is more like the INFP than the INFJ.