User Tag List

View Poll Results: But who is Maverick?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • A rational ENFJ

    0 0%
  • An organized ENTP

    0 0%
  • A sociable INTJ

    1 8.33%
  • He's just an ENTJ SOAB

    11 91.67%
  • A very extraverted, rational, idea oriented and structured ISFP

    0 0%
First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 22

  1. #11
    Senior Member Algora J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Well, I define in tune with my feelings in the sense where I listen to them and the insight they give to me about situations. I think that, if I'm feeling a specific emotion, then it's sending me information about something specific that's going on. For example, if I feel uneasy about something, then that gut feeling usually means something fishy about a reality.
    So you are Te/Ni

    I'm very much aware of people's reactions and body language too. They instantly speak to me. I am also rather of the romantic type inside, and when I have feelings for someone they are quite strong. I usually try to see the positive in people, although it's true I've been told I'm rather straightforward/logical in my dealings with others.
    That's a balance between Fe/Fi

    Ok, you sound ENTJ to me.

  2. #12
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    xNTJ - I don't see the S in you.

    Often your ideas are quite layered. Your assertive approach is refreshing.

    eNTJ.

  3. #13
    / booyalab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Thank you for your input!

    So, ESTJ is the consensus for the moment.

    Interesting, I value your feedback.
    You don't seem that interested in actively figuring out which type you are, or giving us reasons or evidence to compare and contrast.

    For instance, would you say that you are more hard-working or ambitious?
    You must be somewhat of a workaholic if you think you're ENTJ, so would you say that you are that way because of your goals(ENTJ) or priorities(ESTJ?) There is a difference because the first one is more future oriented.
    I don't wanna!

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Thanks for your answers, guys. I feel like, although I know myself, the resulting consensus of people's opinions is an interesting complimentary way of defining how things really are. So your input is much appreciated.

    Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    You don't seem that interested in actively figuring out which type you are.

    For instance, would you say that you are more hard-working or ambitious?
    You must be somewhat of a workaholic if you think you're ENTJ, so would you say that you are that way because of your goals(ENTJ) or priorities(ESTJ?) There is a difference because the first one is more future oriented.
    Hmm... I guess you're right?

    I'm neither really hard-working and ambitious per se. I will work hard if I feel it is worth it, and I will be ambitious if I desire to attain something higher. I don't typically care about position, but I like the idea of having the freedom to implement ideas and the independence to work on specific projects.

    Goals or priorities? It's difficult to say. On some regards, I can do things because of "must do" and "should's", more duty oriented. On others, I really only do things if they serve a specific purpose (i.e. making me happier, helping my family, improving a system), or else I will not do things "just because" they are supposedly priorities if they do not make any sense. So I would say I'm in the middle.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Algora J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    You don't seem that interested in actively figuring out which type you are, or giving us reasons or evidence to compare and contrast.

    For instance, would you say that you are more hard-working or ambitious?
    You must be somewhat of a workaholic if you think you're ENTJ, so would you say that you are that way because of your goals(ENTJ) or priorities(ESTJ?) There is a difference because the first one is more future oriented.
    I think a lot of people, especially, those types that tend to be attracted towards excessive pot smoking thinking that hardworking entails that you're busy doing some sort of hard labor 24/7. NTs know that how one manages their time is ultimately more important than what you're doing every second.

    If anything an ENTJ will take 1/4 of the time to do something that probably another type will take months/years to do. Now, that doesn't mean they're not hardworking- but they know exactly what needs to be done to do it quickly rather than wasting time on micomanaging details that have nothing to do with the goals in place.

    Also, ENTJs also know that part of work is also socializing and getting to know people, to see where their strengths and weaknesses fall into place. This does not mean sitting behind the desk all day doing paperwork. This means actually going out and enjoying time with the people you work with.

    Just a thought, booyalab!

  6. #16
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    okay, i found the following and checked it out with my own type to see how reliable it is, and found it to be extremely accurate in my own case, so hopefully it will help you (since you know you better than we ever could).

    see, i never bothered reading about functions before this, so to see how accurate it may possibly be for you, i first read all of the function descriptions without knowing beforehand what mine are, and paid attention to the ones i nodded in agreement with, and turned out that all of them were for ENTP, so i felt confident enough to offer it up.

    the following is what i found. perhaps you'll have the same reaction i did, and it'll clear things up. the good news is that if neither of these types fit, then the links will take you to the others too, so this still might help.

    main differences between the two:

    ESTJ - Pattern of Processes


    Extraverted iNtuiting involves noticing hidden meanings and interpreting them, often entertaining a wealth of possible interpretations from just one idea or interpreting what someones behavior really means. It also involves seeing things as if, with various possible representations of reality. Using this process, we can juggle many different ideas, thoughts, beliefs, and meanings in our mind at once with the possibility that they are all true. This is like weaving themes and threads together. We dont know the weave until a thought thread appears or is drawn out in the interaction of thoughts, often brought in from other contexts. Thus a strategy or concept often emerges from the here-and-now interactions, not appearing as a whole beforehand. Using this process we can really appreciate brainstorming and trust what emerges, enjoying imaginative play with scenarios and combining possibilities, using a kind of cross-contextual thinking. Extraverted iNtuiting also can involve catalyzing people and extemporaneously shaping situations, spreading an atmosphere of change through emergent leadership.


    Introverted Sensing often involves storing data and information, then comparing and contrasting the current situation with similar ones. The immediate experience or words are instantly linked with the prior experiences, and we register a similarity or a differencefor example, noticing that some food doesnt taste the same or is saltier than it usually is. Introverted Sensing is also operating when we see someone who reminds us of someone else. Sometimes a feeling associated with the recalled image comes into our awareness along with the information itself. Then the image can be so strong, our body responds as if reliving the experience. The process also involves reviewing the past to draw on the lessons of history, hindsight, and experience. With introverted Sensing, there is often great attention to detail and getting a clear picture of goals and objectives and what is to happen. There can be a oneness with ageless customs that help sustain civilization and culture and protect what is known and long-lasting, even while what is reliable changes.




    ENTJ - Pattern of Processes


    Introverted iNtuiting involves synthesizing the seemingly paradoxical or contradictory, which takes understanding to a new level. Using this process, we can have moments when completely new, unimagined realizations come to us. A disengagement from interactions in the room occurs, followed by a sudden Aha! or Thats it! The sense of the future and the realizations that come from introverted iNtuiting have a sureness and an imperative quality that seem to demand action and help us stay focused on fulfilling our vision or dream of how things will be in the future. Using this process, we might rely on a focal device or symbolic action to predict, enlighten, or transform. We could find ourselves laying out how the future will unfold based on unseen trends and telling signs. This process can involve working out complex concepts or systems of thinking or conceiving of symbolic or novel ways to understand things that are universal. It can lead to creating transcendent experiences or solutions.


    Extraverted Sensing occurs when we become aware of what is in the physical world in rich detail. We may be drawn to act on what we experience to get an immediate result. We notice relevant facts and occurrences in a sea of data and experiences, learning all the facts we can about the immediate context or area of focus and what goes on in that context. An active seeking of more and more input to get the whole picture may occur until all sources of input have been exhausted or something else captures our attention. Extraverted Sensing is operating when we freely follow exciting physical impulses or instincts as they come up and enjoy the thrill of action in the present moment. A oneness with the physical world and a total absorption may exist as we move, touch, and sense what is around us. The process involves instantly reading cues to see how far we can go in a situation and still get the impact we want or respond to the situation with presence.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

  7. #17
    Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    Maverick based on the posts I've seen on this site, I'd say you are ENTJ. For example, I seem to remember a post you made quite a while ago about being frustrated at work (sorry can't remember more details than that). Anyway the way you described your work sounded just like how an ENTJ would describe it. There is my $.02.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

  8. #18
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Thanks for your answers, guys. I feel like, although I know myself, the resulting consensus of people's opinions is an interesting complimentary way of defining how things really are. So your input is much appreciated.
    That the bolded part is definitely extroverted judgment and a very EJ way to define reality. Once you gather people's opinions what do you do with it?

    If you're unsure whether your Fe or Te dominant:

    Fe stuff: Do you take an active interest in the lives of other people that isn't confined to those in your inner circle? Even though you're comfortable with your emotions, do you feel comfortable expressing emotion to others (negatively or positively) or with people being emotional with you? Is it a big deal to compliment someone or should they just know ? Do you like making idle conversation? Is one of your primary concerns how to connect to people and how to connect people with each other? Do you feel responsible for other people and their emotional state? Do you fly into a blind rage whenever someone contradicts you?

    Yeah I don't know the intricacies of being Te and I don't want to give you stereotypical questions that are basically useless. Maybe a TJ can jump in and help you with that. Sorry dude!

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Hmm... I guess you're right?

    I'm neither really hard-working and ambitious per se. I will work hard if I feel it is worth it, and I will be ambitious if I desire to attain something higher. I don't typically care about position, but I like the idea of having the freedom to implement ideas and the independence to work on specific projects.

    Goals or priorities? It's difficult to say. On some regards, I can do things because of "must do" and "should's", more duty oriented. On others, I really only do things if they serve a specific purpose (i.e. making me happier, helping my family, improving a system), or else I will not do things "just because" they are supposedly priorities if they do not make any sense. So I would say I'm in the middle.
    Just as some MBTI theory ranting, I think a lot of what is considered to be Te and Fe overlaps with Si. When you see how Te/Fe play out, it's hard to separate it from certain culturally accepted aspects of Si. Te and Fe use commonly agreed upon standards to make decisions and deduce logic. Si uses accumulated wisdom and experience to sift through information. There is overlap in what is conventional and what is traditional so sometimes I think people confuse which EJ they're dealing with because tradition and convention look very similar.

    There's a woman at my job who I strongly suspect is an ENTJ. She's not like the horrible ENTJ prick stereotypes running around. I love it when she's in our meeting because shit happens and she keeps us on track and moving forward. I've had lunch with her a couple times and she's brought her son into work. I just see her Te as being efficiency focused, not overbearing and dictatorial.

    If you're reading around on the forum about Napoleon ENTJs and you know you're not like that and that causes you to doubt your type, don't. Separate the wheat from the chaff. You may very well have typed yourself correctly

    If you're questioning your type because you no longer think Te is your dominant, I'd just do a process of elimination. If you're certain that you're an ENJ or ETJ then start whittling down your true type from there.

  9. #19
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Lol!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Plush with greenery food and fresh water, you could efficiently survive there. You can pick one person only by type to be with you. You don't know if you will get a good one, a bad one, smart, stupid, all you know about the person is their type and maybe gender. Who do you pick? What is your motivation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    ISFJ, female, sex.
    Make that another vote for ENTJ.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  10. #20
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    I say Maverick is ENTJ who has a good Fi development. He seems Fi in feeling to me and definately appears to be more of a Thinker than feeler and definately Te over Ti. jmo.

    I also think if he were introverted, he would post here more often. He seems truly interested in the topics and the people so I assume his low post count is due to being more engrossed in his real offline life.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Here is a really cool test dealing with symbolisms.
    By ladypinkington in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 08:09 PM
  2. But who is Maverick, really?? (Part2)
    By Maverick in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-02-2008, 01:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO