User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: What if..

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Default What if..

For a while I typed myself as a 5w4, as many of you know.

Recently I changed this to 9w8.

Lately I have been feeling very positive, energized, and motivated. I've been actively sending out my resume and walking into job interviews with a confidence and swagger I used to only dream of possessing. I've been displaying traits I identify more with descriptions of 8w9 than any other type.

What if all this time I thought I was a 5 I was in reality an 8 disintegrating to 5 status? I haven't been the healthiest in the past several months to a year, and I just now think I am finally getting my shit back together. Getting back on the horse, figuratively speaking.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Totally possible. I have seen many people over the years mistype as a link to their disentigration/integration points. You're presence here is very even keeled, and this doesn't really give much for me to read so I can't say what type you may be. 8's often have a reputation of being mean/nasty/domineering which leads to people not consider it for not being "tough enough" to be it.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Totally possible. I have seen many people over the years mistype as a link to their disentigration/integration points. You're presence here is very even keeled, and this doesn't really give much for me to read so I can't say what type you may be. 8's often have a reputation of being mean/nasty/domineering which leads to people not consider it for not being "tough enough" to be it.
    I think 8 is one of the most misunderstood types. Especially at this forum, considering that some 8s here have a reputation as troublemakers and aggressors. I'm not going to name anyone but I think we all know who I am talking about.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    I think 8 is one of the most misunderstood types. Especially at this forum, considering that some 8s here have a reputation as troublemakers and aggressors. I'm not going to name anyone but I think we all know who I am talking about.

Just like any type, there are the gross stereotypes, and some people hilariously fit them. I think of 8 as a strong, firm energy. One that stands its ground.

I say try it on for size! You mentioned you may have been disintegrated before, less healthy. Do you recall being more 8ish before that rough period? Is that a natural resting place for you?
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

what if you're a six?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post

Just like any type, there are the gross stereotypes, and some people hilariously fit them. I think of 8 as a strong, firm energy. One that stands its ground.

I say try it on for size! You mentioned you may have been disintegrated before, less healthy. Do you recall being more 8ish before that rough period? Is that a natural resting place for you?
    I thought 9 was a more natural fit. Everything I knew about 8 had led me to believe 8s are aggressive conquerers who disregard the needs or feelings of others.

Quote Originally Posted by silvery sleeves View Post
    what if you're a six?
    Or

what if I'm a 9 with a very strong 8 wing and I had disintegrated to 6? This has also occurred to me.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

I read somewhere 6s will blame others for problems whereas 9s at 6 will blame others for exposing problems. That rang especially true for me. Healthy or unhealthy, I'm usually one to accept responsibility for my own actions and problems (unhealthy version of me will become lethargic and depressed and resigned to the fact that I am in an unescapable mess of my own design; healthy me will realize I am the architect of my misfortune but strategize and strive to find ways out of the mess and put the past behind me). In an unhealthy state, however, I will become very upset and blame others for exposing any faults or problems, although I will still generally accept problems as my own--you know, give credit where credit is due.

As far as what I've read about 8s disintegrating to 5, it is my understanding that 8s at 5 will be flooded by uncontrollable anxiety and negative thoughts, thus retreating further into their heads as they start to feel a loss of control in their lives. This is also something I have identified in my life.

I'm still leaning 9, but I have a lot to learn about the enneagram.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    Or

what if I'm a 9 with a very strong 8 wing and I had disintegrated to 6? This has also occurred to me.
    c'est possible

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

The other option is that I am in fact a 5 or 9 in the process of integrating to 8 or 9, respectively.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

I wonder if that's why there are so many damn 9s at this forum--identity seekers. There's even more people with it as second or third in their tritypes.