User Tag List

First 12

Thread: What if..

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I see you as more 9 than 8 -- but that's probably because you vibe like senza tema and @BlackCat to me. Both ISxP 9.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I see you as more 9 than 8 -- but that's probably because you vibe like senza tema and @BlackCat to me. Both ISxP 9.
    I think so too. It's just something that crossed my mind yesterday. I think I am verging on integration to 3. It's f-ing awesome and I want to be this way all of the time. More self-confidence than I've had in a long time.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

If viewing yourself as a 9 with an 8 wing leaves you feeling empowered to fix your life and produces positive results, isn't that what matters?

I used to prioritize "getting the type right," but realistically types are just frameworks through which we view things. Typically there will be overlap and bleed among categories. And this is not a test or a quiz, it's more about finding a perspective of yourself that provides use to you to become a better, competent, happier, actualized human being. Some perspectives are more useful than others (especially if they do reflect actual traits in ourselves), but in the end we try to understand ourselves in order to help us move forward in life. so if you identify with a few different categories, look at them all and explore them.

Chances are here that you have aspects of yourself that fit into the 5 and 9 categories and whatever else, and you have discovered that reexamining yourself as a 9w8 is empowering to you in some way. If so, good.

I found myself that specc'ing as a 5 empowered me when I realized that integration meant moving towards 8 and applying (rather than just stewing in) my knowledge and learning. I also noticed that when I spiral towards 7, that's a sign that things are not going well in my life and thus something needs to change.

But I also accepted that I have developed a lot of 9 zen when I was young, to mediate and provide stability with a rather instable environment, and so I don't have to feel bad about wanting to keep the peace and mediate. That aspect of myself provides me with some security, even if I feel bad at times I am not as forceful as I wish. But I'll get that from using my collected knowledge to achieve goals and enact a vision (moving towards 8 for me).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    If viewing yourself as a 9 with an 8 wing leaves you feeling empowered to fix your life and produces positive results, isn't that what matters?

I used to prioritize "getting the type right," but realistically types are just frameworks through which we view things. Typically there will be overlap and bleed among categories. And this is not a test or a quiz, it's more about finding a perspective of yourself that provides use to you to become a better, competent, happier, actualized human being. Some perspectives are more useful than others (especially if they do reflect actual traits in ourselves), but in the end we try to understand ourselves in order to help us move forward in life. so if you identify with a few different categories, look at them all and explore them.

Chances are here that you have aspects of yourself that fit into the 5 and 9 categories and whatever else, and you have discovered that reexamining yourself as a 9w8 is empowering to you in some way. If so, good.

I found myself that specc'ing as a 5 empowered me when I realized that integration meant moving towards 8 and applying (rather than just stewing in) my knowledge and learning. I also noticed that when I spiral towards 7, that's a sign that things are not going well in my life and thus something needs to change.

But I also accepted that I have developed a lot of 9 zen when I was young, to mediate and provide stability with a rather instable environment, and so I don't have to feel bad about wanting to keep the peace and mediate. That aspect of myself provides me with some security, even if I feel bad at times I am not as forceful as I wish. But I'll get that from using my collected knowledge to achieve goals and enact a vision (moving towards 8 for me).
    Thanks. Your walls of text are always nice. I wasn't being sarcastic--some people write walls of text just spewing out complete BS.

I can see myself moving toward 6 when I feel like I'm not in control of my environment or unable to help the people who rely on me as their calm place (that's what I offer to my family because when everyone else is stressed or losing their shit, I tend to remain calm and zen about things, so it helps pacify their anxiety). I can see 3 when I am at my best, filled with confidence and more competitive in spirit. I stop worrying about failing and go into what is almost like an autopilot mode where I want to tackle everything that comes my way.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

why did you tag me? i don't know you. i'm not a 5, i'm not an 8. how can i help you?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    why did you tag me? i don't know you. i'm not a 5, i'm not an 8. how can i help you?
    i think he tagged his friends list

Quote Originally Posted by silvery sleeves View Post
    i think he tagged his friends list
    Everyone was summoned from my friends list. Whether they choose to contribute is up to them.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I am integrating as well, and it's super empowering! You kinda come off as a 9w8.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    Also he used to be Lyedecker if that helps.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

drop the essentialist waste