User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: ENFP or INFP?

  1. #11
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    i'm a sorta introvertedish enfp too but living with an infp it's very clear how very differently we function.

    that was a good point made up there about accepting then dissecting with fi. that's true for me for sure.

    also...when ne is just like the air you breathe it's harder to recognize it sometimes...it's just like there..and we just sort of assume it's how everyone operates or something.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  2. #12
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    i'm a sorta introvertedish enfp too but living with an infp it's very clear how very differently we function.

    that was a good point made up there about accepting then dissecting with fi. that's true for me for sure.

    also...when ne is just like the air you breathe it's harder to recognize it sometimes...it's just like there..and we just sort of assume it's how everyone operates or something.
    I get you.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan

  3. #13
    an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi
    Posts
    670

    Default

    The way you write and express yourself screams ENFP to me.

    You're moody and feel "introverted" at times, lost at times and you analyze things until you drive yourself to a corner at times because you're type 4 wing 5.
    Your type display pretty much explained it all.

    But yeah, you don't sound like an INFP to me.
    .
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |
    .

  4. #14
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    You describe yourself mostly in relation to other people, which makes me think extrovert.
    When INFPs talk about themselves, they discuss their inner world experience & how they feel about themselves more. Your "focus" is coming through in how you write about yourself, basically.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  5. #15

    Default

    You come off as a Ne-dom in the original post. What you said about drawing your best energy in idea think tanks seems quintessentially ENP--INPs seem to utilize their Ne much differently--they're more likely the quiet loners who, although sometimes prone to short bursts of social energy, will quietly observe and take in everything happening and being said in a think tank, process everything internally, then wait to speak their minds. ENPs, on the other hand, are more likely to speak before they think or to speak their thoughts as they form, whereas the Ne auxes seem to take their time working it all out in their head, then they might suddenly have a lot to say. I don't mean that as an insult to ENPs--it can be an endearing trait.

    You can still be a shy extravert--forget any preconceived notions of what it means to be extraverted and introverted. Likewise, dominant introverted types can have their outgoing moments. Also, I don't know where the stereotype originated about ENFPs being bubbly extraverts. Most of the ones on this forum come off as surprisingly down-to-earth and mellow. The bubbly trait seems (to me at least) far more common in EFJs and the occasional brave IFJs.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

  6. #16
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Desiderium View Post
    Socionics - the16types.info - MBTI: Form of the Inferior Function

    Perhaps this may be of some use. You seem to have decided on ENFP for the time being, so this is just in case you wanted some additional info or way to discern.

    Additionally, from what I have observed with the 2 ENFP's in my life, Pe(in this case Ne) accepts then screens with Fi, Ji(In this case Fi) screens first then accepts.

    Also, if your enneagram typing is correct it would indeed stand to reason that you would be a more introverted ENFP, as 4 is a withdrawn type.
    Screens according to what (filter)?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    You describe yourself mostly in relation to other people, which makes me think extrovert.
    When INFPs talk about themselves, they discuss their inner world experience & how they feel about themselves more. Your "focus" is coming through in how you write about yourself, basically.
    Or Fe auxiliary.

  7. #17
    failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    4,220

    Default

    Well another way to relate is, to check how you relate to your inferior function. So if you are indeed ENFP or INFP, then you should at least match one of these. Otherwise, the next box will become an option.

    Recognizing the Inferior Function of Extraverted Intuitive Types ENTP and ENFP

    Recognizing the Inferior Function of Introverted Feeling Types ISFP and INFP

  8. #18
    Nyarlathotep ESFJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Screens according to what (filter)?
    Consistency with own values, consistentcy with perceived inner self, sincerity. To name a few.

  9. #19
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Desiderium View Post
    Consistency with own values, consistentcy with perceived inner self, sincerity. To name a few.
    I think Ne scans environment for possibilities and internalizes them, and Fi internally analyzes how that possibility would make the individual feel, where the individual feels bad about self (melancholy, depression, sadness) if the internalized possibility has a risk of misaligning/conflicting with the individual's sense of self i.e. values and preferences.

    So Ne is an ego valuation and protection system. In that line, ENFPs plunge into opportunities hoping that they will make them feel good (risk taking behaviour and impulsivity) whereas INFPs first evaluate the opportunity to see if that would make them feel good about themselves, somewhat similar to what you say.

    Enfps frantically seek opportunities for gratification whereas Infps cautiously seek them.

  10. #20
    Nyarlathotep ESFJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    I think Ne scans environment for possibilities and internalizes them, and Fi internally analyzes how that possibility would make the individual feel, where the individual feels bad about self (melancholy, depression, sadness) if the internalized possibility has a risk of misaligning/conflicting with the individual's sense of self i.e. values and preferences.

    So Ne is an ego valuation and protection system. In that line, ENFPs plunge into opportunities hoping that they will make them feel good (risk taking behaviour and impulsivity) whereas INFPs first evaluate the opportunity to see if that would make them feel good about themselves, somewhat similar to what you say.

    Enfps frantically seek opportunities for gratification whereas Infps cautiously seek them.
    I was actually more referring to how I feel each type intakes or processes info rather than how they go about pursuing opportunities with my statement. Although in this form it is applicable/close to being the same underlying principle of deliberate then pursue or pursue then deliberate. But yes, I more or less concur especially with the bold.

Similar Threads

  1. Ne or fi dominant, enfp or infp. Could you guys help?
    By Rajko in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-04-2014, 05:50 PM
  2. [INFJ] ENFPs or INFPs- Which are Better for INTJs?
    By Zarathustra in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 436
    Last Post: 11-18-2014, 05:23 AM
  3. [ENFP] ENFP or INFP?
    By raybeijo in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-06-2011, 11:38 PM
  4. ENFP or INFP? Heeeeelp, please!
    By cfs1992 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-01-2011, 09:25 PM
  5. Is my brother ENFP or INFP?
    By KarenParker in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-15-2009, 06:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO