• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Last time I'm posting a thread like this (hopefully...)

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I vote ExFJ, leaning towards ESFJ because you seem more Fe/Si/Ne than Fe/Ni/Se. I'll come back and explain why when I have more time.

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I vote ExFJ, leaning towards ESFJ because you seem more Fe/Si/Ne than Fe/Ni/Se. I'll come back and explain why when I have more time.

Thanks! If I'm an SJ I still think ESTJ but I'd love for you to explain when you'll have the time!

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
For example:
ESTJ strengths

• Dedicated. ESTJ personalities take their duties very seriously and do not abandon tasks just because they have become difficult or boring. ESTJs can also spend a lot of time and effort on causes that they care deeply about.
  • Enjoy creating order. ESTJs strongly dislike chaos and do their best to define rules, structures, and roles in the environment that they see as too chaotic.
  • Excellent organizers. ESTJ personalities know how to manage people and distribute tasks and responsibilities. They are excellent team leaders, especially from the administrative perspective.
  • Loyal, patient, and reliable. ESTJs value stability and security. They do their best to be responsible and reliable members of their company, community, or family.
  • Strong-willed. People with this personality type have strong beliefs and rarely give them up regardless of the opposition. More than likely, they will defend their ideas and principles relentlessly.
  • Direct and honest. ESTJs dislike reading between the lines and prefer simple, straightforward answers. They are more interested in facts than ideas or opinions.

ESTJ weaknesses

• Often too inflexible and stubborn. ESTJs often focus so much on traditions and their own principles that they hastily dismiss unconventional ideas or methods that might be more effective than the “old ways.”
  • Judgmental. People with the ESTJ personality type tend to have strong convictions about what is right and socially acceptable and do not tolerate any deviations. They are likely to comment on or criticize such behavior, believing that it is their duty to make things right.
  • May have difficulties expressing their emotions. ESTJs value facts and rationality, placing them above sensitivity and emotions. Consequently, they may have difficulties understanding other people’s feelings and expressing their own.
    [*] Find it difficult to relax. ESTJ personalities may focus too much on what is expected of them, forgetting to relax—or worrying what people might think of them if they do.
  • May focus too much on their social status. ESTJs value their social status very highly, and seek to be respected by their friends, colleagues, and relatives. Consequently, they may often pay too little attention to their own needs and wishes.
  • Uncomfortable with unconventional solutions. People with this personality type prefer tried and tested solutions. They may be uncomfortable with sudden change or get stressed when there is a need to try something completely new.

VS

ESFJ strengths
  • Always look for win-win situations. ESFJ personalities value harmony and do their best to avoid conflict wherever possible. They are natural team players, trying to get along with everyone.
    [*] Very loyal. ESFJs value relationships and stability very highly and try hard not to disturb the status quo unless absolutely necessary. This makes them very loyal and trustworthy employees and partners.
  • Sensitive and warm. ESFJ personalities seek harmony and care deeply about other people’s feelings, being careful not to offend or hurt anybody.
  • Know how to connect to people. ESFJs are social and friendly individuals who have no difficulties with small talk or following other social rituals. People with this personality type also tend to have a strong need to belong, e.g., by playing an active role in the local community.
  • Take their duties very seriously. ESFJ personalities tend to be responsible and reliable, paying a lot of attention to their duties and responsibilities. They can be very hard workers, often putting their duties above their own needs.
  • Good with practical matters. People with the ESFJ personality type have excellent practical skills and do not mind dealing with routine, daily tasks. They will always make sure that people close to them are cared for.

ESFJ weaknesses
  • Often obsessed with their social status. ESFJs tend to have a very strong need to be seen as responsible, respected and successful individuals—they will do everything they can to increase their social status and influence.
  • May be inflexible. ESFJs place a lot of importance on traditions and may often worry too much about what other people see as acceptable. Consequently, they are likely to be very careful, or even critical, when it comes to unconventional methods or non mainstream views.
  • Unwilling to improvise. People with the ESFJ personality type dislike venturing outside their comfort zone and taking bold steps, usually out of fear of being (or appearing) different.
  • Very vulnerable to criticism. ESFJs strongly dislike conflicts and criticism. They can get very defensive and hurt if someone (especially a person close to them) criticizes their habits, ideas, or favorite traditions.
  • Often too selfless. ESFJ personalities may care and worry so much about others that their attention will become overwhelming and ultimately unwelcome. This is also likely to lead to the neglect of their own needs.
  • May be needy. ESFJs need to know that they are liked and their efforts are valued. Consequently, people with this personality type may often fish for compliments or try to attract other people’s attention.

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
[/LIST]

Online descriptions are bullshit, especially since almost all of them depend on the dichotomies. I have an ESFJ friend who thought she was an ENTP for the longest time because of them. I can actually imagine my ESFJ mother identifying with the ESTJ description as well. A better approach would be to study the discrepancies between Ni and Si.

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Online descriptions are bullshit, especially since almost all of them depend on the dichotomies. I have an ESFJ friend who thought she was an ENTP for the longest time because of them. I can actually imagine my ESFJ mother identifying with the ESTJ description as well. A better approach would be to study the discrepancies between Ni and Si.

I've tried, but they're the hardest functions to understand in my opinion. I don't get it at all.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I'm an SJ I still think ESTJ

How much have you read about the extraverted judging functions (Fe and Te)? To be honest, you really don't seem like a Te-dom from what I've seen. I'm not saying it's impossible, but your demeanor is so strikingly different from those of the self-typed ExTJs I've interacted with that it strikes me as pretty unlikely that you are one. Usually I try to stick more to function theory than "vibes" and surface personality traits, but I'm going to make an exception in your case...you seem extremely warm and effusive, even more so than lots of ExFx's I've known and far more than most ESTJs who, as inferior Fi-users, have a much more contained quality. In my experience, even very kind ESTJs can seem a little cold and generally "all business" at first; it can take a while to notice their subtly expressed warmth and good will.

As far as the ESxJ descriptions you posted, in my opinion much of the highlighted parts of the ESTJ one could apply to both ESxJ types, while the ESFJ description focuses too much on the Two-ish aspects of the type, to the point where ESFJ Threes and Ones might not recognize themselves in it very much.

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
How much have you read about the extraverted judging functions (Fe and Te)? To be honest, you really don't seem like a Te-dom from what I've seen. I'm not saying it's impossible, but your demeanor is so strikingly different from those of the self-typed ExTJs I've interacted with that it strikes me as pretty unlikely that you are one. Usually I try to stick more to function theory than "vibes" and surface personality traits, but I'm going to make an exception in your case...you seem extremely warm and effusive, even more so than lots of ExFx's I've known and far more than most ESTJs who, as inferior Fi-users, have a much more contained quality. In my experience, even very kind ESTJs can seem a little cold and generally "all business" at first; it can take a while to notice their subtly expressed warmth and good will.

As far as the ESxJ descriptions you posted, in my opinion much of the highlighted parts of the ESTJ one could apply to both ESxJ types, while the ESFJ description focuses too much on the Two-ish aspects of the type, to the point where ESFJ Threes and Ones might not recognize themselves in it very much.

I think I only seem like that online... Must be because I'm a female teenager, perhaps. It's like on the outside I seem like a Fe dom sometimes, and on the inside I'm a total Te dom. I've actually read a lot about the functions. I don't know, being a Fe dom seems so off to me, because or that warm to people in general. Not trusting at all and definitely thick skinned. Though I am the mother hen of my friends group.

Also, now when I think about it (after a discussion I had with a friend) if I am confronted by a friend who has an opinion which conflicts with my belief I argue until I get my point crossed, haha.

EDIT: I've seen a thread somewhere "you know you're a feeler when..." And I identifie with it a lot. Now I'm confused.

Last edited: