Permabanned
    MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    @Jennifer @EJCC Sorry I failed to find the info about the admin assigned to this thread.

Would it be possible to move the discussion about Good Will Hunting or Matt Damon to the thread at:

Good Will Hunting

Cause I'll be replying to this. Thanks.

What purpose does this "Poor word choice there yeghor." serve? Poor for what? There's something wrong with the entire wording of this phrase. I can tell you what it is but I am wondering if you are aware of it.

No Will Hunting is definitely not an ISTP. He's not an INTJ either. If there's an INTJ in the movie, it's probably the math professor who keeps bringing up his prize into the conversation.

What I am wondering is, do you identify with Will Hunting or the ISTP or INTJ type?
    Poor as in incorrect. A requirement is an element or attribute or what have you absolutely necessary to fulfill a role, truth, goal, etc. ...clearly this definition does not apply to physical prowess and its relationship to extroversion. To answer your other question, I do not identify with Mr. Hunting but have identified with both the ISTP and INTJ types in the past, along with a good number of other types, because I'm still in the complex yet enthralling process of determining my own type for certain.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lain View Post
    I started this thread, not Will Hunting.

Let's keep the focus on me.
    Maybe we can share topics? It would be a shame to force an end to an interesting discussion just to stay on the subject of you. I'm gonna go ahead and call that mildly narcissistic in the least condescending way possible.
    edit: oh, and 2 thoughts I'd like to share: 1. Sticking to one line of discussion just because it was conceived by someone in the title/ introduction of their thread is arbitrary and any rules designed to enforce this should be wisely ignored. and 2. On any given thread I make I'm happy to witness as many conversations, no matter how far from the original subject, blossom. I'm not greedy about it just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by Lain View Post
    I started this thread, not Will Hunting.

Let's keep the focus on me.
    It's good to hear from you. Do you identify with the character though?

It would be a shame to force an end to an interesting discussion just to stay on the subject of you. I'm gonna go ahead and call that mildly narcissistic in the least condescending way possible.
    The title of this thread is "Help me find my type", and Yeghor was kind enough to offer a link to a thread which focuses on the Good Will Hunting character. Now I admit my comment was not a successfully persuasive attempt to bring the conversation back on topic, but either way you are more than welcome to discuss fictional characters in the appropriate threads. I do not see what is narcissistic about wanting people to type me in a 'type me' thread that I created, but if that is how you see it then so be it.

Do you identify with the character though?
    No. I relate more to this guy Welcome to the NHK - Alone in the universe - YouTube. He was typed in the show as an Fi-dominant, so maybe I'm an IFP.