If you wouldn't mind, I'd like help confirming my enneagram type. I took the short quiz with the picture cards on the site where all the other quizzes weren't free when I joined and it gave me 4w4 but I don't really understand what that means and I'm overwhelmed by the amount of information on this forum. I liked the quiz I took because it didn't make me choose between blanket statements about my personality. Is there another quiz like that somewhere?
Also, what does yours mean to you?
Edit: So I found this now.
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Um, yes, I do have an illness but I don't see how that would affect my answers. I also don't see what my age/gender has to do with anything.
2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?
I copied and pasted.
3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?
I suppose I would play up being creative, determined, eager and thoughtful and wouldn't mention any of my negative qualities. I wouldn't specify why and I'm afraid I can't with any hope of accuracy. I'm too enmeshed in my own nature to be objective.
4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?
I would like to be kind most of all, I think. I would not like to be the type of person who hurts other people as a result of their own pain.
5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
I think so, yes, though like I said earlier, I'm wary of trying to answer this with any degree of accuracy.
6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.
I value empathy, freedom, creativity, boldness, sincerity, and passion.
7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?
It depends on the situation, but in general they excite me.
8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
I pretend the situation doesn't exist and in order to deal with the anxiety, either stop functioning at all or rely on obsessive behaviors (like cleaning, exercising, not eating) to distract myself and help pass time.
9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
When I'm having fun with people I'm close to I have tons of energy and make weird jokes and never stop talking or moving around.
10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
It's complicated. It makes me anxious and I often feel like I'm bad at it but at the same time I crave positive interaction and being accepted by people.
11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?
I used to think that I was simply incompatible with objective reality as a whole and therefore ought not to exist. Things are a bit better now but I still feel incompatible with society/reality.
12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
I'm a very anti-authoritarian person and I really can't stand people who are aggressive or forceful, bureaucracy in general, and people who try and get others to submit as some sort of lesson, like its good for them. It makes me upset. But I don't mind following instructions from people I respect, who I know respect me.
13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?
I prefer trying to make sense out of chaos rather than feeling restricted by order.
14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?
I'm going to skip this question.
15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?
I want to act professionally. It's really important to me.
16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
Acting energizes me the most. Being around people who are constantly on is very draining for me.
17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.
I'd like to know my enneagram type, like I said, or at least have your opinion on whether 4 is correct. And perhaps a bit of an explanation on what that means, exactly? Also, if you'd like to talk about yours I'd be delighted.