• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Working with large bodies of information (help me out)

trip

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I take in large volumes of information and rapidly cut through it for whatever I need from it, and get a really clear gist of everything that is necessary (by my own standards). I don't necessarily like working with a lot of information, but if there's less information it seems like you have less to work with and it does irk me when things are too vague... in other words I can't do anything with too little relevant information, and I feel stifled trying to work an exegetical approach with data (mainly because the obvious is the second thing I'm focused on processing). I have the same problem with expression sometimes; I'm compelled to give cohesion to what I'm saying so I'm not misconstrued, and if you don't give cohesion there's a problem with connotations; it can go in multiple directions if it's oversimplified.. I'm told that I overcomplicate things; when I'm asked to make something clear, I make it harder to understand. That being said, I don't find the world and nature to be particularly complex at all, yet forms of communication and expression can really overcomplicate things and working through that to everyone's satisfaction has been my biggest weakness. What can you make of this type wise?

trip

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oh man and I've been chastised for tampering with data in the past... and I have to an extent, because I analyse and not compile thus I do some touch ups myself. I despise history and historians for the same reason.
A thing someone told me once: 'it's just, like, i can't stand an overload of information, for example if you were talking to me and even if i did reply you continue like in a monologue, like youre more interested in talking than into sharing, this has happened to me a lot haha but i don't deny it must be partly my fault' instead of going back and forth about a subject, I put everything on the table myself and it takes a lot of words because I'm focused on the cohesion and process rather than the 'point'.

trip

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
sigh... again. Was all *that* too vague? Do I seem like I'm not serious?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I take in large volumes of information and rapidly cut through it for whatever I need from it, and get a really clear gist of everything that is necessary (by my own standards). I don't necessarily like working with a lot of information, but if there's less information it seems like you have less to work with and it does irk me when things are too vague... in other words I can't do anything with too little relevant information, and I feel stifled trying to work an exegetical approach with data (mainly because the obvious is the second thing I'm focused on processing). I have the same problem with expression sometimes; I'm compelled to give cohesion to what I'm saying so I'm not misconstrued, and if you don't give cohesion there's a problem with connotations; it can go in multiple directions if it's oversimplified.. I'm told that I overcomplicate things; when I'm asked to make something clear, I make it harder to understand. That being said, I don't find the world and nature to be particularly complex at all, yet forms of communication and expression can really overcomplicate things and working through that to everyone's satisfaction has been my biggest weakness. What can you make of this type wise?

oh man and I've been chastised for tampering with data in the past... and I have to an extent, because I analyse and not compile thus I do some touch ups myself. I despise history and historians for the same reason.
A thing someone told me once: 'it's just, like, i can't stand an overload of information, for example if you were talking to me and even if i did reply you continue like in a monologue, like youre more interested in talking than into sharing, this has happened to me a lot haha but i don't deny it must be partly my fault' instead of going back and forth about a subject, I put everything on the table myself and it takes a lot of words because I'm focused on the cohesion and process rather than the 'point'.

Hey there. All I can really gather here is that you sound somewhat like a type 5 or a type 6 perhaps, and most certainly not social instinct last. Have you considered filling out a questionnaire?

Here in the spoiler is a great type questionnaire to fill out. Or if you aren't interested in that, I could try to type you personally on Ventrilo (when it's back up). But regardless, I will personally assist you with typing yourself if you want.