• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me based off questions (mostly socionics, but any really)

á´…eparted

passages
So I was going to post this in Wolfy's thread since everyone jumped on the bandwagon. Then I remembered though. Several individuals have questioned what my socionics type must be over the past few months, and I said at some point I would address it. Guess now is the time to do it! Feel free to offer type feedback on any of the theories (MBTI, enneagram, etc.), but I think this is the socionics questionare anyway so this would end up being focused towards that.

As a bit of an intro, people typed my socionics type quite extensively 3 years ago and there was a decent consensus about it (LSI), and I have assumed that to be right as several of them were experts on it. Nevertheless, I am not who I was 3 years ago so it could have been colored wrong.

So, without further ado, here are the questions. Have at it!

Well if everyone is answering these questions, I am going to join the party :D

---------------------------------------------

1. What is beauty? What is love?

Do I really have to define beauty? Ugh. I hate defining words that are already established. It's self evident. Beauty is something that insights a feeling of awe, wonder, enjoyment, and a general sense of well being. What actually is beautiful varies. It can either be near universal if it is based from nature (i.e. the golden ratio), or it can be something that is only specific people that share certain interests or likes. It's dependent upon the person.

As far as love goes, that is something I really don't think can be defined, and I don't really care to try. Scientists can't even develop a definition of love. Love is something you simply know when you feel it. This is akin to trying to describe happiness to a person who does not feel, or color to someone who is completely colorblind. It's one of the axioms of the worlds.

2. What are your most important values?

I don't know? Well, I do, but I haven't actually thought about it in explicit terms as I don't feel the need to. I simply know what I value and don't as I come across it, and again I don't feel the need to define it. What I value is things being just, right, peaceful, and productive. Where everyone and everything is working at its best, is experiencing the maximum level of happiness, and is infringing upon others as little as possible. Whatever is needed to fulfill those in the moment are things I value. I focus on the big picture of what is important, and take values on the small scale to acheive that. If they change or contradict then so be it, ultimately that wouldn't be as important. I desire consistency in the long term.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

No I am atheist and I have rather strong feelings about religion/spirituality that I honestly don't want to get into (on a personal level). The reason as to why I am atheist? I have been given no rational reason, purpose or benefit from belief in something. Until I am given actual valid proof for something, a tangible reason, then it is irrational to put faith and conform my actions to something that doesn't have any reason. I used to be very spiritual (new age) as that was how I was raised, up until about 2 years ago. Once I really got down to thinking about it, I realized that what I put stock in hold not a lick of sense and is/was actually harmful.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

I am against war. Who isn't. I am of the mindset of "do not attack unless attacked, and do not fight unless we can truly afford it". The military is what is, and I largely ignore it as I would never involve myself with it, want nothing to do with it. Foregin policy is near the bottom of my list of things that I care about. Domestic issues are at the top, and those come first. We need to solve our own problems.

Why do I have to keep defining words?! Goddamnit. I'm not defining power. Kiss my ass.

Interests
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

My longest conversations with others tend to be about social circles, experiences with friends, family, and others. I find these to be the most interesting and fun to discuss as I like hearing about the dynamics of others and picking them apart. I usually have a lot to say on these matters and it keeps things going. As far as my interests? I like things? I'm seeing a theme in myself here, haha. I enjoy hanging out with people. Sharing experiences with each other, going out and doing things. Having fun, playing games, going on adventures, parties, get togethers. I also enjoy reading about science, interacting on forums, eating delicious food, going out to eat (I spend a lot of money on this), listening to music, discovering music. Overall I want to have fun, and enjoy life. That's my interest.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

To an extent. I like hearing about recent advancements and discoveries in medicine as it pertains to genetics, diseases, psychology, and related areas. One area I have no interest in is sports medicine. It's boring to me. As far as my body? Meh. I deal with it as I need to. I'd largely like to ignore it, in the sense of having to take care of it when it breaks or gets sick. I'm proactive in most areas. I tend to not share common ground at all with fitness minded folks. I find them to be too unscientific/anecdotal and uninteresting most of the time. I don't enjoy talking about it either. I get bored. Even when I was really into working out I didn't care to discuss it, it was dull.

7. What do you think of daily chores?

I don't have daily chores. I do them as needed. If I had a chore routine I think I'd tare my hair out. Chores/cleaning was effectively the capital punishment of my childhood (worse then being grounded and only allowed in you room with no games or entertainment). As such I know it has effected me in my adult life where I will put off chores and cleaning for a long time if I can. If it doesn't bother me, and can be hidden from guests it is likely to go ignored. That said I am a clean person, and roommates rarely complained about my habits.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

Shocker: I don't like reading books. I can enjoy them yes, but I am really picky with them. When I get into a book I get really into it though. It's very difficult for me to actively choose to read something. I have to be pulled in strongly to make it through it. I just get bored. I hated reading as a child. I wanted books read to me, played on tape, or w/e. Even then I didn't really want to sit still and just listen to something and only listen. As I have gotten older, stories just stress me out. Too many unknowns. I want to know the entire plot before reading or watching something. I don't enjoy movies much either. Too much stress that I can easily avoid.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

Above all? Music. It tips me over the edge if I am near it. Either way it's very rare for me to cry. The last time I cried was a year and a half ago. If I cry then something is really wrong. I don't remember what made me smile last. I likely laughed at something I saw on reddit.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

When I am with a group of friends that I know they like me, value me, and we can joke around with each other, and can do pretty much anything with each other without feeling like we have to restrain parts of ourselves. Basically freedom to be who you want to be. That's when everything flows together and feels great.

Evaluation & Behaviour
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

In recent years it's been perfectionism and being too hard on myself. That's definitely the biggest one. Next would be being stubborn one-track minded and refusing to bend/listen to others. A personal weakness I see in myself is manipulating my image to hide my true insecurities which is being lazy, having terrible work ethic, and not being a proper adult. A consequence of this is others see me as being perfectionistic. I sort of give up in this regard. Not to say I am not working on my weaknesses, but focusing/fretting about them is pointless. As for what I dislike about myself? The afformentioned laziness and lack of work ethic. I can't fix it, and as such I go to great lengths to hide it.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

Biggest strength? Honestly I don't know. I've never asked, nor have I thought of what it might be. I am cautious to state what it is, as I don't want to be narcissistic and see something that just isn't true (thus actually making me narcissistic). If I had to choose I would say communicating with others. I'm very good at public speaking. I'm also good at sifting through the emotional fog others and am pretty good at helping people get to the heart of the matter with their emotional blocks. As for what I like? I'm intelligent, direct, I don't take crap from others and am not easily pushed around, and am able to get people moving.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?

Having a better work ethic, help using the computer less, and getting me motivated to use my time more efficiently towards things that are tangibly productive. I'd also love to have a personal trainer to help me get in shape/build muscle. If I have someone to hold me accountable with something I want, I fucking get there (even if I am a pain in the ass).

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

Yes. Overuse of the computer causes this. I'll sit there thinking "I need new entertainment! Must find something better! New! ARG!" and I can't scratch the itch. My reaction is to just spin my wheels endlessly. Outside of that, not really no. I rarely if ever get stuck in ruts.

People & Interactions
15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

I like people who are extroverted, speak their mind, respect others, communicate well, are positive but realitic, and are intelligent. As far as types? I can get along with type. So much so that I really don't see much of a pattern in my life anymore. As far as dislikes, I don't care for people that are shy and don't try to overcome it, meekness, timidity, illogical, place their emotions ahead of others, cold and self absorbed, don't attempt to be friendly to others, and excessively private.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

I have never had a relationship... It really sucks. I want one, very much so. I am gay and have lived in areas that have low populations so I have few to choose from. Further I don't own a car so I am practically limited by a number of factors. I am rather apprehensive about romance and sex because I have very little experience. Once I have experience I'll be fine, but still it's an area that creates a high amount of discomfort despite very much wanting it. I want to share my life with someone.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

First, I will never have a child. I do not like children. I would be concerned about how I impact them. I would get very stressed out about doing something unfair, not understanding their needs, what they want, what they don't want, what they meant, and causing them to have deficiencies in adult life because of some mistake or oversight I had while I raised them. Why? Do I really need to explain why? Yes, that's life, but I don't want to impart stress on another person like that from my own inability to do something as it should be done. I can't see everything, but it still bothers me. I'd rather something never exist then to have a bad existence.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

Depends on what it is, and who it is. I have had this a few times, I usually ignore it unless it is flagrently bad/wrong in a way I can quickly disprove in no uncertain terms, or the press the matter heavily. I will almost always internally react way more strongly in a black/white manner than I do externally. Though people often remark to me that I react externally to everything strongly in a dramatic way, haha. I'm well known amongst my friends for giving unsolicited opinions/explanations on pretty much everything.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

Ugh, these kinds of questions again. I simply work in society as I need to? I am optimistic by my nature with other people and am rather trusting of them. I see people as innately good (as a whole), and that they seek the best for themselves and for others. Everyone is trying to make the best life for themselves as they can. They want to be happy, and largely want others around them to be happy, thus making the world a slightly better place over time. As far as a prevalent social problem? I'm not sure, I haven't put much thought into that and I don't think I could easily cherrypick one. I see more problems coming from political/economic/environmental problems, not so much social problems. Social problems are largely just improving over time. Actually, I did think of one just now, has to do with religion, but I don't care to detail it.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

I choose friends based on how comfortable I feel around them, and how comfortable they make me feel. Can I joke around with them, be silly, be myself, go on adventures and more or less be open and engaging without feeling like I have to self restrain? Good, time to be friends! Of course they have to like me back for whatever their reasons are. As far as I behave around them it varies wildly from person to person. In general though I am very talkative, animated, slightly childish/goofy/silly, and ironically the voice of reason. I'm controling and if I see people doing something out of line I will tell them to stop (and explain why). I get kinda bossy, but in a way that people find very endearing.

21. How do you behave around strangers?

Very proper, self contained. I put on my sunday best (socially), or I am cold as a robot. It depends on my mood and the situation. Most of the time I am warm and engaging when I am approached, or I have to approach someone. I want them to feel comfortable and at ease, as that makes me feel comfortable. If it doesn't work then it makes me feel really uncomfortable. Strangers who are introverted/cold/robotic are a huge putoff.

Tagging people that have voiced something in the past (that I can remember, sorry if I forgot you): [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION], [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION], [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION], [MENTION=5627]BlackCat[/MENTION], [MENTION=10757]Nicodemus[/MENTION], @Society,

á´…eparted

passages
Bump because I forgot that I made this, and also because after being in Vent last night and a few comments other have made suggesting I am ESFJ (I disagree with that, but I'm open to considering it).

Alea_iacta_est

You have always seemed resoundingly Beta in attitude. Very +:Ti: suggestible as well.

EIE would be a well-placed wager.

What you have probably mistaken for :Ne: Vulnerable in Socionics in the past is most likely :Se: Mobilizing, which can be a very stubborn Hidden Agenda.

á´…eparted

passages
You have always seemed resoundingly Beta in attitude. Very +:Ti: suggestible as well.

EIE would be a well-placed wager.

What you have probably mistaken for :Ne: Vulnerable in Socionics in the past is most likely :Se: Mobilizing, which can be a very stubborn Hidden Agenda.

I suppose? Every time I have read about :Ne:-PoLR I think "oh yup that is defffffinitely me". That said, the hidden agenda bit is extremely true for me. Also what does +:Ti: suggestible mean?

You seem more In-Charge than Get-Things-Going to me, which makes me think ENFJ>ESFJ.

I'll try to dig deeper into your questions later. :thinking:

Yeah definitely, I don't relate to the "get things going" bit at all really. Maybe a bit, but I don't like "letting things go" and letting control go down. I only do it when I have to.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No way are you ESFJ. Your Humans vs. Zombies story is evidence enough!

á´…eparted

passages
Soooooo... yeah I am EIE afterall (subtype Fe). In this case, I wanted to be LSI. It was justified by a rather extensive typing years ago, and it was idealized and saw to be something superior and more efficient and just because I strive for it, doesn't make it actually true. After spending some time over the past few days looking into it, EIE is who I am. Both the good and the bad aspects of it fit, and when I admit that I am far emotional than I like to think I am, and that despite how much structure and rule oriented I am, it's also paraxoically squishy/manipulative. My 1w2 was coloring this, leading to think it was LSI. So yep, I'd say this is solved. For now at least, unless something else gets brought up.

No way are you ESFJ. Your Humans vs. Zombies story is evidence enough!

Ha, yeah I would say so!

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Glad you've managed to discover yourself more after some introspection and research. :yes: I did agree that you seemed Beta but, admittedly, I actually thought you were probably one of the most blatant EIEs on here haha.

Congrats on the new type! :hug:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Soooooo... yeah I am EIE afterall (subtype Fe). In this case, I wanted to be LSI. It was justified by a rather extensive typing years ago, and it was idealized and saw to be something superior and more efficient and just because I strive for it, doesn't make it actually true. After spending some time over the past few days looking into it, EIE is who I am. Both the good and the bad aspects of it fit, and when I admit that I am far emotional than I like to think I am, and that despite how much structure and rule oriented I am, it's also paraxoically squishy/manipulative. My 1w2 was coloring this, leading to think it was LSI. So yep, I'd say this is solved. For now at least, unless something else gets brought up.

140425063625-buckle-up-baby-penguins-fan-two-year-old-wtae-00011904-story-tablet.jpg

It was Aleksei that typed you LSI way back on PerN wasn't it? I remember everyone fought it too.... lol

á´…eparted

passages
140425063625-buckle-up-baby-penguins-fan-two-year-old-wtae-00011904-story-tablet.jpg

It was Aleksei that typed you LSI way back on PerN wasn't it? I remember everyone fought it too.... lol

LOL! That picture is fantastic. It was him and two other people, one I am still friends with (and has since left socionics behind). I remember the name, I have no memory of what he was like :D.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
short short personality test:

Are you:

A. an extrovert, or
B. an introvert