• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me figure out my type for good? INTJ or INFJ?

TheFool

Enneagram
5w4
Hello everyone :) I've had a hard time figuring out my type and finally decided that I'm probably Ni-dominant, but now am not sure whether I'm an INTJ or INFJ, so I've done one of the questionnaire thingies. If you have any thoughts on what type I seem like, I'd appreciate hearing them!

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Social anxiety I guess. I'm home from college for the time being and not going out a lot, so it's not affecting me too much right now, but it got pretty bad in the spring. I'm 21, female, not in a terrible state of mind.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jackknight1/13031713924/in/explore-2014-03-09
This is so cool! I love ruins and old dilapidated places. Where is this? I want to explore it. It makes me feel like something solemn should have occurred here long ago. What are the people pointing at?

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Initial thoughts: oh shit oh shit. Well, at least we pulled off the road safely. How much time have we got? Does anyone here know anything about cars? Why have I never bothered learning anything about cars?
Outward reactions: I tend not to react strongly to things, especially negative events. It annoys me when people freak out over things that just happen - that's not helping.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
Ehhhhh. What is happening at this party? I don't know these people. There's alcohol though. I don't even like alcohol, just the idea of it. Meh. I'll probably go along reluctantly and sit in a corner and watch people.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
Sometimes I can ignore this kind of thing, sometimes I can't. If it really bothers me, and if I'm comfortable talking to this friend, maybe I'll argue with them. I don't generally like debating with people because I can't think on my feet at all (debating in writing is a lot easier) and it's worse if I'm nervous or self-conscious around the person. I also don't feel too comfortable asserting myself or talking about my beliefs in front of others, partially out of fear that they'll try to draw me into a debate and I'll freeze up and look stupid. This might be the social anxiety talking.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
Depends what this thing is. If it's interesting, I would pay attention at the very least, maybe enjoy it, probably think it over later. If not, I'd probably ignore it. If I don't like something, but don't find it morally objectionable, I mostly pay no attention to it... there's no point in getting worked up over it.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Ummmm. No particular order:
1. The most important human right is the freedom to live however you want provided you're not hurting anyone else. LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE.
2. People should have the right to go and live any place on this planet they want. Countries are artificial and nationalism is harmful.
3. Teachers are incredibly important. It's shameful that lawyers and CEOs are more highly valued in the US than teachers are.
4. There are usually good arguments on all sides of an issue; research before you judge.
5. It's common courtesy to not make stereotype-based assumptions about people before you know them.
There are more, but I'm getting depressed thinking about this, so I'm going to stop listing. I don't know how I come by my values, they just form by themselves after a long period of thinking stuff over and sifting ideas through my mind. I don't like forming definite stances on too many things though (see #4 ) and I know there are gray areas and problems with the things I listed. If I think about it too much, or try to debate any of these things with people, I start doubting myself and then I don't know what I stand for anymore, and that's not pleasant. My values are always subject to change and sometimes I add new ones, but the process is more like water eroding a rock than an overnight earthquake. I need to understand an issue before I can form a stance on it.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a) I don't know how to answer this question. I think a lot more than most people seem to, I guess. I'm the quietest and most reserved person I know.
b) I want to stop being so damn scared of everything. Also, I'd like to stop being so self-conscious. It gets to the point where I censor myself or adjust my personality to fit the people I'm with, and I hate doing that.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I generally listen to them, though sometimes I put too much trust in them. For instance, sometimes I go out and randomly have the thought that maybe the house is burning down, and it causes genuine anxiety till I get back to the house, which is perfectly fine. Sometimes I'll tell myself stories about things that are going to happen in the future (relative to where I am now), from the perspective of myself when these things have already happened (if that makes sense) and sometimes these things really do happen. My favorite instance of this was when I was making up a story to myself during my freshman year of college, telling myself that a friend and I would finally get together in the spring of our junior year, even though we were nowhere close to dating at the time. Lo and behold, we did get together junior year (and by then, it was about time) - though it was fall, so my prediction was slightly off.
Any gut feelings I have just turn up randomly, unfortunately. I can't control them. I also seem to make better predictions when I'm letting my brain ramble instead of forcing it.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) When I'm trying to learn something, and it "clicks" and all the pieces fall into place, that is one of the greatest feelings I know. Listening to music can be very energizing when I concentrate on it fully. I dunno. I'm not a super high-energy person.
b) Being around people, especially if I have to talk to them. Trying to understand something new and just not getting it.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
Being around other people doesn't make me repress my thoughts, but I definitely modify my behavior. I wish I didn't, but I get very self-conscious and intimidated around most people so I just present what I know is a safe social script in the situation. This is something I want to change. I don't even really know who I would be around people if I didn't have all these inhibitions and irrational fears.

Thanks for your input! :)

yeghor

Hello everyone :) I've had a hard time figuring out my type and finally decided that I'm probably Ni-dominant, but now am not sure whether I'm an INTJ or INFJ, so I've done one of the questionnaire thingies. If you have any thoughts on what type I seem like, I'd appreciate hearing them!

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Social anxiety I guess. I'm home from college for the time being and not going out a lot, so it's not affecting me too much right now, but it got pretty bad in the spring. I'm 21, female, not in a terrible state of mind.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it

This is so cool! I love ruins and old dilapidated places. Where is this? I want to explore it. It makes me feel like something solemn should have occurred here long ago. What are the people pointing at?

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Initial thoughts: oh shit oh shit. Well, at least we pulled off the road safely. How much time have we got? Does anyone here know anything about cars? Why have I never bothered learning anything about cars?
Outward reactions: I tend not to react strongly to things, especially negative events. It annoys me when people freak out over things that just happen - that's not helping.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
Ehhhhh. What is happening at this party? I don't know these people. There's alcohol though. I don't even like alcohol, just the idea of it. Meh. I'll probably go along reluctantly and sit in a corner and watch people.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
Sometimes I can ignore this kind of thing, sometimes I can't. If it really bothers me, and if I'm comfortable talking to this friend, maybe I'll argue with them. I don't generally like debating with people because I can't think on my feet at all (debating in writing is a lot easier) and it's worse if I'm nervous or self-conscious around the person. I also don't feel too comfortable asserting myself or talking about my beliefs in front of others, partially out of fear that they'll try to draw me into a debate and I'll freeze up and look stupid. This might be the social anxiety talking.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
Depends what this thing is. If it's interesting, I would pay attention at the very least, maybe enjoy it, probably think it over later. If not, I'd probably ignore it. If I don't like something, but don't find it morally objectionable, I mostly pay no attention to it... there's no point in getting worked up over it.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
1. The most important human right is the freedom to live however you want provided you're not hurting anyone else. LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE.
2. People should have the right to go and live any place on this planet they want. Countries are artificial and nationalism is harmful.
3. Teachers are incredibly important. It's shameful that lawyers and CEOs are more highly valued in the US than teachers are.
4. There are usually good arguments on all sides of an issue; research before you judge.
5. It's common courtesy to not make stereotype-based assumptions about people before you know them.
There are more, but I'm getting depressed thinking about this, so I'm going to stop listing. I don't know how I come by my values, they just form by themselves after a long period of thinking stuff over and sifting ideas through my mind. I don't like forming definite stances on too many things though (see #4 ) and I know there are gray areas and problems with the things I listed. If I think about it too much, or try to debate any of these things with people, I start doubting myself and then I don't know what I stand for anymore, and that's not pleasant. My values are always subject to change and sometimes I add new ones, but the process is more like water eroding a rock than an overnight earthquake. I need to understand an issue before I can form a stance on it.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a) I don't know how to answer this question. I think a lot more than most people seem to, I guess. I'm the quietest and most reserved person I know.
b) I want to stop being so damn scared of everything. Also, I'd like to stop being so self-conscious. It gets to the point where I censor myself or adjust my personality to fit the people I'm with, and I hate doing that.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I generally listen to them, though sometimes I put too much trust in them. For instance, sometimes I go out and randomly have the thought that maybe the house is burning down, and it causes genuine anxiety till I get back to the house, which is perfectly fine. Sometimes I'll tell myself stories about things that are going to happen in the future (relative to where I am now), from the perspective of myself when these things have already happened (if that makes sense) and sometimes these things really do happen. My favorite instance of this was when I was making up a story to myself during my freshman year of college, telling myself that a friend and I would finally get together in the spring of our junior year, even though we were nowhere close to dating at the time. Lo and behold, we did get together junior year (and by then, it was about time) - though it was fall, so my prediction was slightly off.
Any gut feelings I have just turn up randomly, unfortunately. I can't control them. I also seem to make better predictions when I'm letting my brain ramble instead of forcing it.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) When I'm trying to learn something, and it "clicks" and all the pieces fall into place, that is one of the greatest feelings I know. Listening to music can be very energizing when I concentrate on it fully. I dunno. I'm not a super high-energy person.
b) Being around people, especially if I have to talk to them. Trying to understand something new and just not getting it.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
Being around other people doesn't make me repress my thoughts, but I definitely modify my behavior. I wish I didn't, but I get very self-conscious and intimidated around most people so I just present what I know is a safe social script in the situation. This is something I want to change. I don't even really know who I would be around people if I didn't have all these inhibitions and irrational fears.

Check the links in my signature if you are interested.

TheFool

Enneagram
5w4
yeghor, would you mind giving me a link to your thread? Thanks :)

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Reading this, i am asking myself: why on earth did you doubt for a moment that you were an INFJ?

You're virtually a stereotype of one.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
I vote INFJ as well. Your writing style is phonetically smooth and carefully inoffensive, which I associate with Fe. Though it relies on self-reportage (you seem to have a firm grasp on who you are) your social self-effacement to maintain harmony is a dead giveaway of Fe. I will be surprised if you type INTJ.

KellBell

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel as though you are more than likely an INFJ, for a few reasons. You seem to have a concern for keeping the peace, which an INTJ would tend to be a bit more crass than an INFJ in that way. As well, you are slightly energized by people, which I would attribute to Fe rather than Te. You don't seem to have an easy time with arguing in general just because of the thinking on your feet aspect which is very Ti of you, Te's would be more likely to come alive in that situation. As well, overall you seem very personal, like the way you wouldn't want to argue something unless it really grated on your nerves and you knew the person well enough to know how they would take it, an INTJ would be less touchy feely. I would say you are more than likely an INFJ. Personally if I were you I would look at photos of yourself and see how animated your facial expressions are, if you have Fe, as I suspect, you should have have lively facial expressions and talk with your hands :)
I can see however why you would have doubts as to whether or not you were an INFJ or INTJ because you're an enneagram type 5, which would make you a lot more logically inclined than many INFJs.

Romello

Permabanned
MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
?
I vote INFJ as well. Your writing style is phonetically smooth and carefully unoffensive, which I associate with Fe. Though it relies on self-reportage (you seem to have a firm grasp on who you are) your social self-effacement to maintain harmony is a dead giveaway of Fe. I will be surprised if you type INTJ.

*Inoffensive

Romello

Permabanned
MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
?
I feel as though you are more than likely an INFJ, for a few reasons. You seem to have a concern for keeping the peace, which an INTJ would tend to be a bit more crass than an INFJ in that way. As well, you are slightly energized by people, which I would attribute to Fe rather than Te. You don't seem to have an easy time with arguing in general just because of the thinking on your feet aspect which is very Ti of you, Te's would be more likely to come alive in that situation. As well, overall you seem very personal, like the way you wouldn't want to argue something unless it really grated on your nerves and you knew the person well enough to know how they would take it, an INTJ would be less touchy feely. I would say you are more than likely an INFJ. Personally if I were you I would look at photos of yourself and see how animated your facial expressions are, if you have Fe, as I suspect, you should have have lively facial expressions and talk with your hands :)
I can see however why you would have doubts as to whether or not you were an INFJ or INTJ because you're an enneagram type 5, which would make you a lot more logically inclined than many INFJs.

Te by nature is a function largely associated with being energized by people, just as much as Fe or any extroverted function for that matter. So..you are wrong about that.

KellBell

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Te by nature is a function largely associated with being energized by people, just as much as Fe or any extroverted function for that matter. So..you are wrong about that.

Te is very involved with people, Fe and Te are both extroverted functions, this much is true, I guess I just didn't clarify enough. Fe is "we feel" Ti is "I think", where as Te is "we think" and Fi is "I feel". So I guess what I meant is that the emotional way that she seems to be energized seems to suggest an interest more in the personal side of communication that the logistical side of it, that's all.

Romello

Permabanned
MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
?
Te is very involved with people, Fe and Te are both extroverted functions, this much is true, I guess I just didn't clarify enough. Fe is "we feel" Ti is "I think", where as Te is "we think" and Fi is "I feel". So I guess what I meant is that the emotional way that she seems to be energized seems to suggest an interest more in the personal side of communication that the logistical side of it, that's all.

Fair

TheFool

Enneagram
5w4
Welp. Wow. This is not at all what I expected to hear, lol... I thought people were going to tell me I'm an obvious INTJ...

I still have some doubts, maybe just from identifying as an INTJ for so long... I feel resistant to the idea of using Fe. I've never liked that function very much, not that I love Fi either. My perception of them is that Fe is a self-righteous martyr and/or overly nicey-nice and conformist to social norms, and Fi is annoyingly self-absorbed and oblivious to other people's feelings. I generally identify more with Fi, but I do not like this tendency in myself... it's very easy to be wrapped up in yourself, most people are. I think it's far more admirable (and far more difficult) to put your own ego and feelings aside and devote your energy to others, but I don't do that (and feel guilty about it). I think a lot about self-improvement and things I want to change about myself, and then I get angry at myself for not being more naturally selfless and giving.

I do tend to be self-effacing with other people. I can sometimes read the emotional temperature of a situation I've walked into, but I don't like trying to be responsible for other people's feelings and I never take enough of a leadership position in a group to try to make sure everything is harmonious. There are times when I find myself bending over backwards for other people's convenience/comfort but it mostly happens with the few people I've invested a lot of emotional energy in (usually I only notice this when I start feeling taken for granted or like the other person isn't putting a proportionate amount of effort into the situation). When in groups my attitude is generally "just along for the ride." I rarely have an opinion about where we go or what we do, and even if I do, I usually don't voice it. I'm more of a fly on the wall than anything else, and often stress out over the fact that I'm "just there" in my friend group, not really involved - I know that if I were to disappear, no one would really notice or care because the only thing I do is hang around on the fringes being silent. But I've always attributed this passivity and compliance to feeling uncomfortable with people; it's the easiest way to get by with as little social effort as possible.... that said, I do need a certain amount of interaction and inclusion with others, or I start feeling lonely and isolated. This seems like it could just as easily be a being-human thing as a Fe thing though.

Oh, another thing, if I feel like I've "messed up" or not presented myself well or gotten into an awkward spot with someone, my inclination is to sever the relationship, especially if I'm not close to the person. I've withdrawn from friends and dropped friendly acquaintances entirely because I felt like it took me too long to warm up or there were too many instances of awkward small talk where I couldn't think of anything to say and looked (I thought) like an idiot. If I have a falling-out with someone, I'll probably avoid them forever and not try to fix things, unless we were very close to begin with. My thinking is "oh screw it, I'll just start over with someone who doesn't know how awkward I am." I also tend to get the idea that people don't like me, even when there's no real reason to believe this. Would this be more a Fe or a Fi thing?

I took several cognitive function tests just now and got three different results. The first ordered my functions Ni-Fi-Ne-Te-Ti-Se-Fe-Si, the second Ni-Ti-Te-Se-Ne-Fi-Fe-Si, and the third Ni-Te-Ti-Se-Ne-Fi-Fe-Si. Kinda all over the map, so I don't know how helpful this information is, but Fe is consistently low. I'm either in denial about something or else I don't fit very neatly into any of the type boxes...

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD

Modifying your behavior

Wish you aren't

No conscious thought there.

Modifying behavior according to beneficial belief

Personality-functions may be static, at some level you choose which to apply.

A fluid personality roams greater than one that is solid. There is no wrong in being fluent. A solid personality impacts greater than one that is fluid. There is no wrong in being solid.
Dependent on what you find benefits you the most - perhaps at the time.

If you say you lack solidity, find situations that expect you to act instead of others to act to your account.

I was just reminded of "believing is being", from another source and it affirmed an earlier belief I had as a child that I decided against not too long ago. Alas, I came to think of what you wrote and thought you might benefit.

Perhaps you see others reap benefit from things you yourself aren't, perhaps they are more in the moment and less in the now, perhaps planning ahead and using your herd as a support system for various energy-income has caused you to choose that which earns less in a long run rather than more in the shorter; at the fear of expulsion/loss of income. I don't know, I am merely speculating.

If you are a knight of Ni, then perhaps you ought to look at yourself and read about inferior functions, a part of me is caught there but slowly liberated and I sense something similar in you.

PS. I use adjectives from my chosen curve and you may find them unappetizing, of this I am sorry but I like to write in a challenging way.

I came to realize that Solid, Fluid aren't that which you speak of but perhaps the Gaseous form is the one you hold. I let go of a lot of gas, it happens when I eat sugars and don't care for my body; That's just it, releasing something greater out of sheer pressure and whether it contains any smell is dependent on what you choose to eat.

Last edited:

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Welp. Wow. This is not at all what I expected to hear, lol... I thought people were going to tell me I'm an obvious INTJ...

I still have some doubts, maybe just from identifying as an INTJ for so long... I feel resistant to the idea of using Fe. I've never liked that function very much, not that I love Fi either. My perception of them is that Fe is a self-righteous martyr and/or overly nicey-nice and conformist to social norms, and Fi is annoyingly self-absorbed and oblivious to other people's feelings. I generally identify more with Fi, but I do not like this tendency in myself... it's very easy to be wrapped up in yourself, most people are. I think it's far more admirable (and far more difficult) to put your own ego and feelings aside and devote your energy to others, but I don't do that (and feel guilty about it). I think a lot about self-improvement and things I want to change about myself, and then I get angry at myself for not being more naturally selfless and giving.

I do tend to be self-effacing with other people. I can sometimes read the emotional temperature of a situation I've walked into, but I don't like trying to be responsible for other people's feelings and I never take enough of a leadership position in a group to try to make sure everything is harmonious. There are times when I find myself bending over backwards for other people's convenience/comfort but it mostly happens with the few people I've invested a lot of emotional energy in (usually I only notice this when I start feeling taken for granted or like the other person isn't putting a proportionate amount of effort into the situation). When in groups my attitude is generally "just along for the ride." I rarely have an opinion about where we go or what we do, and even if I do, I usually don't voice it. I'm more of a fly on the wall than anything else, and often stress out over the fact that I'm "just there" in my friend group, not really involved - I know that if I were to disappear, no one would really notice or care because the only thing I do is hang around on the fringes being silent. But I've always attributed this passivity and compliance to feeling uncomfortable with people; it's the easiest way to get by with as little social effort as possible.... that said, I do need a certain amount of interaction and inclusion with others, or I start feeling lonely and isolated. This seems like it could just as easily be a being-human thing as a Fe thing though.

Oh, another thing, if I feel like I've "messed up" or not presented myself well or gotten into an awkward spot with someone, my inclination is to sever the relationship, especially if I'm not close to the person. I've withdrawn from friends and dropped friendly acquaintances entirely because I felt like it took me too long to warm up or there were too many instances of awkward small talk where I couldn't think of anything to say and looked (I thought) like an idiot. If I have a falling-out with someone, I'll probably avoid them forever and not try to fix things, unless we were very close to begin with. My thinking is "oh screw it, I'll just start over with someone who doesn't know how awkward I am." I also tend to get the idea that people don't like me, even when there's no real reason to believe this. Would this be more a Fe or a Fi thing?

I took several cognitive function tests just now and got three different results. The first ordered my functions Ni-Fi-Ne-Te-Ti-Se-Fe-Si, the second Ni-Ti-Te-Se-Ne-Fi-Fe-Si, and the third Ni-Te-Ti-Se-Ne-Fi-Fe-Si. Kinda all over the map, so I don't know how helpful this information is, but Fe is consistently low. I'm either in denial about something or else I don't fit very neatly into any of the type boxes...

If you are an INTJ, I am an ESFP.

Online tests are only an indication of one's type; a way to guide the individual towards knowledge. Taking them literally is a mistake.

Your OP post, and core values especially, scream INFJ.

TheFool

Enneagram
5w4
If you say you lack solidity, find situations that expect you to act instead of others to act to your account.

I will try doing more of this, thank you for the advice. (Also I love the phrase "Knight of Ni", ha!)

If you are an INTJ, I am an ESFP.

Online tests are only an indication of one's type; a way to guide the individual towards knowledge. Taking them literally is a mistake.

Your OP post, and core values especially, scream INFJ.

Still having trouble getting my head around this, lol. Can I really be an INFJ if I don't like most people all that much or take a great interest in them? I'm so much more interested in impersonal ideas and concepts than in people and group dynamics.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I will try doing more of this, thank you for the advice. (Also I love the phrase "Knight of Ni", ha!)

Still having trouble getting my head around this, lol. Can I really be an INFJ if I don't like most people all that much or take a great interest in them? I'm so much more interested in impersonal ideas and concepts than in people and group dynamics.

ExFJs are people people.

INFJs, as introverts, need to recharge their batteries and can often be socially awkward, especially as teenagers. The difference between NFJ and NTJ is in how you make sense of the world around you (Fe vs Te). I don't get Te vibes from you; your values especially show a lot of Fe. To date, I haven't come across an INTJ who believes countries shouldn't exist.

Elocute

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
same
It seems like a lot of Ni-doms report SA. I think it has to do with trying, sometimes unconsciously, to gauge the next step. It's not always possible or beneficial to engage life this way. Try just being sometimes. It's what a psych has told me to do.

This works sometimes but bottling up things can be harmful in the end. I tend to do this to remain peaceful. Many times people aren't aware that they hurt me at all.

My intj friend would pretend to be passed out drunk. I was mad that I didn't notice how well that worked. But as a woman on campus, I doubt this would be wise. I'd just smile and nod. If I knew the type of person, I was more comfortable.

I find it's best to try to nicely clear the air. Bottling doesn't work for any type. Full-throttle arguments are taxing, however.

agreed :)
Same, but I sometimes get too heavy into research mode. I think I spent about 5 hours researching something before I figured out that I had not moved for 5 hours.

Agreed but it's a shortcut for most people. Most people don't care to look past the cover. Sometimes it's beneficial to judge quickly, when in dangerous situations, for example.

Same. I used to get, "You care too much what people think." I really didn't notice it, but I do tend to adapt to the person. I think as we get older, we become more stable. But it's a good quality. At very least, when it's under control, you'll have smoother relations with people.

Same. Some of my friends knew me as the "intellectual" type while others more emotional. It's usually whatever the person finds most palatable. It's not all and all a bad thing, but don't let it change your actual thoughts.

I'd say you sound kind of undoubtedly INFJ. There was some stuff I didn't relate to (my type atm is tentative) but it seems like Ni-Fe-Ti.

If you are in a bar with lots of people, perhaps trying to oblige an extraverted friend, does your behavior become somewhat stilted?