User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: What's my type?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9
    Socionics
    ?
    Posts
    11

    Default What's my type?

    Hello, I'm new on this website but familiar with MBTI and also enneagram. I'm looking for help to find my type so I'm to write about me, so please feel free to give you opinion.

    Here it goes:

    Don't like when I'm being told how to think.

    Rarely provoke conflict even when I disagree with someone, but don't let people push me.

    I'm 6'4" and not physically weak, but rarely got in physical fights. I remember once when it happened, and I felt guilty immediately after.

    Competitive and likes to play almost any types of games, and I am good at it.

    I'm an introvert and not very good with small talk, but very good listener.
    Sometimes I just don't find a way to get in the conversation, except if the topic is stimulating like movies, games, science, science fiction, philosophy, sports, and MBTI of course. (Mostly geek stuff)

    I am lazy and always have difficulty finding motivation to move and act despite the fact that I have ambitions.

    I see myself more as open minded and and not very organized, but I keep my apartment mostly clean.

    I was once told in person, that I look like a enneagram 5 but don't feel that I am a knowledge seeker. Maybe because I don't show much expressions and look like I'm analyzing everything.. Not sure.

    I am a sensitive person despite the fact that I don't show it. And I did a lot of introspection in my life. MBTI, enneagram, etc. I am also very spiritual, but not religious. My beliefs and closer to Buddhism but I am not Buddhist.

    When I drink alcohol I lose some inhibitions and become more sociable, and have more fun. (But I am not an alcoholic)

    That's it for now...

  2. #2
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sevlow View Post
    Hello, I'm new on this website but familiar with MBTI and also enneagram. I'm looking for help to find my type so I'm to write about me, so please feel free to give you opinion.
    .
    Could you do this test and paste the "complete" results please?

    Free Enneagram Personality Test

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9
    Socionics
    ?
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Hi and thank you for your answer. Here are the results for the test. I have difficulty with these test because it seems I don't always get the same result depending on the day. But overall it usually looks like this:

    Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||| 42%
    Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 42%
    Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||| 50%
    Type 4 Individualism |||||| 30%
    Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||| 50%
    Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||| 42%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 46%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 46%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 70%

    type score type behavior motivation
    9 17 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
    3 12 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
    5 12 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
    7 11 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
    8 11 I must be strong and in control to survive.
    1 10 I must be perfect and good to survive.
    2 10 I must be helpful and caring to survive.
    6 10 I must be secure and safe to survive.
    4 7 I must be unique/different to survive.

    Your main type is Type 9
    Your variant stacking is sx/so/sp
    Your level of health is above average

  4. #4
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    3,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sevlow View Post
    Hello, I'm new on this website but familiar with MBTI and also enneagram. I'm looking for help to find my type so I'm to write about me, so please feel free to give you opinion.

    Here it goes:

    Don't like when I'm being told how to think.

    Rarely provoke conflict even when I disagree with someone, but don't let people push me.

    I'm 6'4" and not physically weak, but rarely got in physical fights. I remember once when it happened, and I felt guilty immediately after.

    Competitive and likes to play almost any types of games, and I am good at it.

    I'm an introvert and not very good with small talk, but very good listener.
    Sometimes I just don't find a way to get in the conversation, except if the topic is stimulating like movies, games, science, science fiction, philosophy, sports, and MBTI of course. (Mostly geek stuff)

    I am lazy and always have difficulty finding motivation to move and act despite the fact that I have ambitions.

    I see myself more as open minded and and not very organized, but I keep my apartment mostly clean.

    I was once told in person, that I look like a enneagram 5 but don't feel that I am a knowledge seeker. Maybe because I don't show much expressions and look like I'm analyzing everything.. Not sure.

    I am a sensitive person despite the fact that I don't show it. And I did a lot of introspection in my life. MBTI, enneagram, etc. I am also very spiritual, but not religious. My beliefs and closer to Buddhism but I am not Buddhist.

    When I drink alcohol I lose some inhibitions and become more sociable, and have more fun. (But I am not an alcoholic)

    That's it for now...
    I am getting the feel of an Introverted Sensor from you, just from your writing style and the vibes it emits.

    I will go with ISTP.

  5. #5
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sevlow View Post
    Hi and thank you for your answer. Here are the results for the test. I have difficulty with these test because it seems I don't always get the same result depending on the day. But overall it usually looks like this:

    Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||| 42%
    Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 42%
    Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||| 50%
    Type 4 Individualism |||||| 30%
    Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||| 50%
    Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||| 42%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 46%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 46%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 70%

    type score type behavior motivation
    9 17 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
    3 12 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
    5 12 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
    7 11 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
    8 11 I must be strong and in control to survive.
    1 10 I must be perfect and good to survive.
    2 10 I must be helpful and caring to survive.
    6 10 I must be secure and safe to survive.
    4 7 I must be unique/different to survive.

    Your main type is Type 9
    Your variant stacking is sx/so/sp
    Your level of health is above average
    9_8 (28) 3_4 (19) 5_6 (22) 7_1 (21) = Si Ti Ne Fe

    This is based on my own theory mentioned at Enneagram Type and MBTI function correlations...

    Perhaps I should add enneagram 2 score as in half (cause I associate it with Fe-aux in my theory). I'll check whether this holds true in other readings.

    That makes it 9_8 (28) 3+0.5x2_4 (24) 5_6 (22) 7_1 (21) = Si Fe Ti Ne = ISFJ

    Do you identify with this?

    ISFJ personality | 16 Personality Types

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9
    Socionics
    ?
    Posts
    11

    Default

    ISTP is possible, the description is not perfect, but I considered it.

    About ISFJ I don't think so, because I would describe myself as lazy, and the ISFJ is apparently not. If I am a J, I am probably not an SJ.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9
    Socionics
    ?
    Posts
    11

    Default

    ISTP is possible, the description is not perfect, but I considered it.

    About ISFJ I don't think so, because I would describe myself as lazy, and the ISFJ is apparently not. If I am a J, I am probably not an SJ.

  8. #8
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sevlow View Post
    ISTP is possible, the description is not perfect, but I considered it.

    About ISFJ I don't think so, because I would describe myself as lazy, and the ISFJ is apparently not. If I am a J, I am probably not an SJ.
    Check the ISTJ description in the same link.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I am getting the feel of an Introverted Sensor from you, just from your writing style and the vibes it emits.

    I will go with ISTP.
    I read the OP and made a guess before scanning down the thread. I guessed 9 from the start, and it turns out that was his (latest) enneagram test score.

    It is contradictory for you to say Si but then guess ISTP. And I didn't see any interest in ISTP things, he's more INTP or INFP in his interests. In some ways he sounds like Abe Lincoln. His description of self-appearance goes more toward INTP or INTJ. But there is a difference between how people describe themselves and how they are described by others. I've known people to describe themselves as "really very lazy" when in fact they were hard workers: e.g., an ISFJ of my acquaintance. To perceive oneself as "lazy" is a 9 trait. 9s know how to relax, probably better than any other type. However, they also know how to work very hard and are not against the idea. It's just that they work hard to get to the point where they can finally relax, particularly the 9w1 - not so much the 9w8.

    I'm not ruling out Si for this individual, since these types can also take an intense interest in philosophy. This is more of a hobby or side-interest for the Si-dom. The OP doesn't state one way or the other. Why people are interested in these things is another factor not mentioned in the OP.

    I was thinking Si at the OP but your ISTP statement kind of throws me since Si is a J type. I'm more inclined to believe he is 9w1 rather than 9w8, and I would not consider 1w9 out of the question despite the (latest) e-test. Si and Ni are attracted to science and philosophy, but Ni is more attracted to religious and mystical pursuits. What's necessary however is that this attraction is based out of the subconscious level, and the responses come from this mysterious source. How Si and Ni explain these inner perceptions differ, as Si sees them as symbolizing something more concrete, while Ni explains them in terms that surpass normal understanding.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  10. #10
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    3,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I read the OP and made a guess before scanning down the thread. I guessed 9 from the start, and it turns out that was his (latest) enneagram test score.

    It is contradictory for you to say Si but then guess ISTP. And I didn't see any interest in ISTP things, he's more INTP or INFP in his interests. In some ways he sounds like Abe Lincoln. His description of self-appearance goes more toward INTP or INTJ. But there is a difference between how people describe themselves and how they are described by others. I've known people to describe themselves as "really very lazy" when in fact they were hard workers: e.g., an ISFJ of my acquaintance. To perceive oneself as "lazy" is a 9 trait. 9s know how to relax, probably better than any other type. However, they also know how to work very hard and are not against the idea. It's just that they work hard to get to the point where they can finally relax, particularly the 9w1 - not so much the 9w8.

    I'm not ruling out Si for this individual, since these types can also take an intense interest in philosophy. This is more of a hobby or side-interest for the Si-dom. The OP doesn't state one way or the other. Why people are interested in these things is another factor not mentioned in the OP.

    I was thinking Si at the OP but your ISTP statement kind of throws me since Si is a J type. I'm more inclined to believe he is 9w1 rather than 9w8, and I would not consider 1w9 out of the question despite the (latest) e-test. Si and Ni are attracted to science and philosophy, but Ni is more attracted to religious and mystical pursuits. What's necessary however is that this attraction is based out of the subconscious level, and the responses come from this mysterious source. How Si and Ni explain these inner perceptions differ, as Si sees them as symbolizing something more concrete, while Ni explains them in terms that surpass normal understanding.
    Introverted Sensor = ISxx types. There is nothing contradictory in what I posted.

    INTPs, through Ne, show a writing style that is a low more fluent, flowery and less short and direct. They tend to write very long-winded posts and the presence of Si makes it easy for the INTP to give self analysis - you are a good example, and i could easily find others around the forum if i could be bothered. You can dig into what the OP might think, that he might be knocking himself down about being lazy, but we can only take his comments at face value unless contrary information arises. I don't see enough Judging traits in his description of himself. Maybe he is a Judger, but that is not an impression you can draw from his description of himself.

    Also - any type can be religious. Typing people on the basis of their beliefs is flat out wrong. It has happened to me many times on the forum, and is hypocritical coming from you, seeing you started a thread about stereotyping people based on MBTI.

Similar Threads

  1. So what's my type ?
    By entropie in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-08-2008, 11:58 PM
  2. So what is my type ?
    By entropie in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 04:27 AM
  3. What's My Type?
    By MuraKoji in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 09:07 AM
  4. Results are here. What's my type?
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-27-2008, 09:46 AM
  5. What's my type,
    By Tigerlily in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 02:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO